Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient Attendance

Comments

• Options
    Turnstile count was just over 16k
    Thought so.
    Bloody excellent when most games last season possibly had a count of half that.
    There were some Tuesday night games last season against teams with small followings that I reckon had an actual attendance of about 6k. 

Great attendance yesterday, really hope we can keep the enthusiasm going with a decent start to the season.
  • Options
    An attendance of 18,512 at the Valley yesterday afternoon for the visit of Leyton Orient. 

Charlton’s highest league attendance when at home on an opening day of the season since 2015 when the Addicks beat QPR 2-0 in front of 19,469.
  • Options
    Any pictures of the covered end crowd? Seemed pretty full in there to me. Strangely quiet though, which was a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    I think the fact that the premier league starts next week helped us….in the same way non league clubs see attendance boosts during international fixture periods.

Some people just want to see a game on a Sat afternoon & I expect there was a fair few ‘Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea supporting mates’ at the match as a result.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Got talking to a bloke in the Valley Cafe before the match and he was a Leyton Orient season ticket holder from Dumfries.
    Goes to all their matches. Proper quality supporter I thought.
    If travelling from Dumfries that could be a very large carbon footprint, unless he's offsetting somehow. Did he mention whether he travelled by train or other mode?
    Train.
  • Options
    Any pictures of the covered end crowd? Seemed pretty full in there to me. Strangely quiet though, which was a bit disappointing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Got talking to a bloke in the Valley Cafe before the match and he was a Leyton Orient season ticket holder from Dumfries.
    If travelling from Dumfries that could be a very large carbon footprint, unless he's offsetting somehow. Did he mention whether he travelled by train or other mode?
    Train.
    The Orient Express
    I heard it got derailed at Charlton 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    West 4K
    East 2.5K
    North 7K (difficult to tell when you're in it)
    South 3K
    16.5K announced as 18.5K
    Whatever it was, it was a great attendance.
     I believe it was definitely close to the suggested attendance.
    When we’re in our seats before the game I always estimate the crowd and am usually not far out. Yesterday I suggested 17-18,000.
  • Options
    Be interested to see when they announce the season ticket sales - difference between the 16k turnstile count and the 18.5k attendance would be the season ticket holders on holiday i guess and maybe some complimentaries not turning up? 
  • Options
    Official attendance  -  18765
    Actual bums on seats  - 14972.
    Not too far out on the actual. 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I think he said private jet?
  • Options
    Club's are required by law to know the number of actual fans attending for safety reasons.
  • Options
    NSK ?

that’s (now) only showing as 1 seat available for Orient 

Was a few empty seats dotted about in here yesterday rather than just the one, can only assume people were on holidays as a few familiar faces weren't there.
  • Options
    I think less than half of the East Stand turnstiles were in action yesterday.
    Given they have had all summer to fix what is likely to be a minor or routine problem for the first game, nah it didn’t happen for us plebs. As the Chief Operations Officer often says ‘if you don’t like it don’t come’. It would have been too much effort for burger boy to walk from his territory behind the West Stand to monitor and fix.
    The guy is as rancid as his manky cheese sandwiches. Still he has had an electric car charging point installed in the car park for his car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops sorry
    The Alan Curbishley Stand
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I presume you don’t go to away games then, if you are so worried about ‘carbon footprint’ - god forbid ‘if’ we ever got into Europe !!!!! 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    seth plum said:
    I presume you don’t go to away games then, if you are so worried about ‘carbon footprint’ - god forbid ‘if’ we ever got into Europe !!!!! 
    I don't do games by car or plane anymore so that should help ease your concern, @Ducktapeshoerepairs
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    seth plum said:
    I think less than half of the East Stand turnstiles were in action yesterday.
    Given they have had all summer to fix what is likely to be a minor or routine problem for the first game, nah it didn’t happen for us plebs. As the Chief Operations Officer often says ‘if you don’t like it don’t come’. It would have been too much effort for burger boy to walk from his territory behind the West Stand to monitor and fix.
    The guy is as rancid as his manky cheese sandwiches. Still he has had an electric car charging point installed in the car park for his car.
    There were only 4 working when I got there. Instead of queuing, I went in via a hand scanner at the gate which proved much quicker. 

• Options
    SE9toDA2 said:
    They where telling supporters to use the exit gate to the Alan  Curbishley  stand at about 2.40, these wouldn’t have been in the turnstile count
    They would have been counted as they had a guy there with a hand held ticket scanner.

I know because that's when and how I got in.
  • Options
    All has become clear now - the 'buy a season ticket' thing on the main site was clearly a 'buy a match ticket' because there are now a lot more season tickets available - bit of a f**k up really coz my youngest could have bought a season ticket next to us instead of 5 rows away - never mind, shit happens   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    All has become clear now - the 'buy a season ticket' thing on the main site was clearly a 'buy a match ticket' because there are now a lot more season tickets available - bit of a f**k up really coz my youngest could have bought a season ticket next to us instead of 5 rows away - never mind, shit happens   
    You can move seats very easily if you ask 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    You can move seats very easily if you ask 
    ok thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Weather would have helped, with cricket being wiped out on Saturday.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Weather would have helped, with cricket being whipped out on Saturday.