Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient Attendance

Comments

• Options
    Gammon said:
    I can't afford it anymore sadly 
    I sympathise. Now that my kids have left uni and pay adult price it’s a pretty expensive day out, especially once all the booze is factored in. We would have been there if we weren’t on holiday, but it will have to be an occasional thing. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    High advertised gate, a low bums on seats number.
    Loads of people are on holidays.
    Did they not say they were only counting those that are actually there.
    I think this happened for a period under Sandgaard, however, my understanding is that clubs generally advertise the gate including all tickets sold/issued as comps.

When did this change ? Years ago I’m sure the club under reported attendance perhaps to avoid tax no idea why but I often thought bloody hell there’s more here than that ! Now everyone over reports
    I don't know how far back you're going but can only repeat what I said.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Heavy rain due Saturday. Will revise my prediction down to 12,747 on basis that any cricket is also rained off.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Suspect on tickets sold / freebies it will be 13-14k
  • Options
    Think last chance today to buy without the surcharge, don’t delay guys 
  • Options
    If the site is correct then I think we have sold 10k+ season tickets - not convinced its right though coz block k is showing as having only 1 seat left to buy a season ticket but then 2 seats available for the orient game 
  • Options
    NSK ?

that’s (now) only showing as 1 seat available for Orient 

• Options
    I wouldn’t try and work out @Doucher from what’s displayed. In my block alone it looks like yesterday afternoon around 200 seats have been blocked out to be given away as Trust freebies, so actual sales in my block are minuscule to what shows on screen. 
  • Options
    Areas where there are large blocks not on public sale I’m guessing allocated for club or Trust freebies are NW A, East C and H (A+B are closed), West A, B, L and Q (H+R are closed). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If the site is correct then I think we have sold 10k+ season tickets - not convinced its right though coz block k is showing as having only 1 seat left to buy a season ticket but then 2 seats available for the orient game 
    I’m sure if we’d sold 10k of season tickets the comms team would be tweeting about that , we’ll have done well to sell 8k of season tickets 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m sure if we’d sold 10k of season tickets the comms team would be tweeting about that , we’ll have done well to sell 8k of season tickets 
    Under 6,500 as of the 5th June. No figure given since bar a 4% down remark as of the last fans forum on tickets sold from 12 months ago. Under 8,000 were sold last season
  • Options
    I wouldn’t try and work out @Doucher from what’s displayed. In my block alone it looks like yesterday afternoon around 200 seats have been blocked out to be given away as Trust freebies, so actual sales in my block are minuscule to what shows on screen. 
    Fair enough - I'm guessing you are in block G of the east stand AFKA. I can see a suspicious 'chunk' blocked out but not noticed many others - my youngest has been a bit late to the party in getting his and went to buy yesterday - we are block J north upper and he's having to buy one a good few rows away - there was only about 15 single seats in that whole block left - unlikely the more popular blocks would be given over to freebies and they appear to be going well.  
  • Options
    Areas where there are large blocks not on public sale I’m guessing allocated for club or Trust freebies are NW A, East C and H (A+B are closed), West A, B, L and Q (H+R are closed). 
    i'll concede on NW A (academy day always fills up), East G,H and C, and West Q - i think the other blocks are 'clean' !!!  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Agreed but i thank we have - we shall see 
  • Options
    Orient ticket allocation sold out.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Probably embargoed info because of the takeover process and nobody has had a chance to lift it yet
  • Options
    More home tickets sold than any home game last season. Think derby at home was around 17k so it will be at least that 
  • Options
    Very good. Should be a great atmosphere 
  • Options
    Looking forward to it. Love the 1st game buzz 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    17000 based on these facts, Orient will sell out, the curiosity around new owners and new signings and the season ticket sales probably being better than expected. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    More home tickets sold than any home game last season. Think derby at home was around 17k so it will be at least that 
    I’m struggling to believe this tbh, though I accept they wouldn’t lie about it. Just surprised it’s outsold the games v Ipswich, Sheff W and Derby last year (and Brighton), given what the stadium plan shows when you strip out closed blocks and those allocated as freebies. They’re making a point of saying SOLD so I’m guessing they aren’t including the comps 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bailey said:
    17000 based on these facts, Orient will sell out, the curiosity around new owners and new signings and the season ticket sales probably being better than expected. 
    You might well be right, though I often wonder how much a lot of our fans actually know what’s going on at the club. Sometimes when I get chatting to people around me at a game they are pretty much oblivious to all the goings on at Charlton. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    No chance whatsoever of 17k being in the ground.
    Misleading info from the club persists.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Well I looked at all the home areas yesterday evening and estimated that we hadn't sold half the home seats.
    Yes a couple of the most popular blocks had limited availability, but many of the least popular blocks were only about 20% sold.
    The announced attendance may well depend on complementaries.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    I’m struggling to believe this tbh, though I accept they wouldn’t lie about it. Just surprised it’s outsold the games v Ipswich, Sheff W and Derby last year (and Brighton), given what the stadium plan shows when you strip out closed blocks and those allocated as freebies. They’re making a point of saying SOLD so I’m guessing they aren’t including the comps 
    I'm guessing they are, because that's the language routinely used. The official attendance for the Sheffield Wednesday game in August 2021 - the first home game fans could attend for 18 months and the first they could attend since TS took over - had an official crowd of 17,639 (and an actual that will have been more like 15,000). There were 10,000 STs and a great deal more interest in that game than this one, as I recall.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I got an email a couple days ago offering me a as a ST holder the chance to bring someone to the match on a freebie.

Not sure how widely documented this has been but a fairly decent uptake if available to all ST holders could bump the crowd up?
    My e mail asked me to bring someone, but there was no mention about it being a freebie.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I got an email a couple days ago offering me a as a ST holder the chance to bring someone to the match on a freebie.

Not sure how widely documented this has been but a fairly decent uptake if available to all ST holders could bump the crowd up?
    My e mail asked me to bring someone, but there was no mention about it being a freebie.
    Yep I mis read looked like the usual freebie format. Ignore lol.