Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    The delay is clearly because the media team are filming all the members of the board in the changing rooms with a smoke machine and red strip light across their faces, going in and out of focus - new signing style.
    Then 48 versions of ‘I’m (insert board member name). Come on you Addicks!’

Until these are filmed and edited, we won’t have an announcement. 
    Can we give this a promote please. 

This is hilarious 😂😂😂
  • I'd like to know who has to fund the ongoing losses?
    Eg If Methven for arguments sake has a 5% stake and we lose £10M pa, is he having to fund £500K pa?
    That's what it sounds like.
    Eg If Methven for arguments sake has a 5% stake and we lose £10M pa, is he having to fund £500K pa?
    I think it falls on the holding company doesn't it. 
    I Think this is a very fair point that ought to be asked of Methven - however I suspect that he has ‘sweet equity’ which will rank behind the loan note holders which is how most of the money will be put in. 
    I suspect that he does not have to provide part of the debt funding. 
  • In theory any of the directors can put a loan in to the company, it doesn't have to be in proportion to their ownership.

What we don't know is if there are agreements within the ownership structure that dictate how the funding of losses will occur. I'd be surprised if Methven has signed up to fund any losses in proportion to his ownership.
  • The Pope is Catholic so every CL member  wants Cafc to be able to get out of the mediocre League 1 and establish the club in the Championship. Hopefully this season but definitely by 24/25 when we need to go up in 1st or 2nd place. Sod it, let's go up this season because non of us are getting any younger👵🏼👴🏻🤡

When Sandgaard said we would be playing in Europe in 5 years time, I said it could well take 5 years to get back to the championship ! We are entering our 4th year so that was quite prophetic !

Can the new owners treat the staff with dignity and respect as that has been sadly  lacking under Sandgaard, Southall, and Cafc Landlord Roland Duchatelet and his muse, Katrien Meire.

You build a club on and off the field so staff feel appreciated to go the extra mile.
    Yeah that was weird , TS handing out Christmas hampers one minute, then sacking staff the next, disgraceful.
  • Chunes said:
    Cycled past The Valley today and there were a lot of cars in the car park. 

I don't know if that's normal. 
    Thats the new investors, they are part of target 10,000, bums on seats and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

Friedman and Berner their the owners 
    It's Brener and they are not the sole owners. Please keep up.
    It's Brener and they are not the sole owners. Please keep up.
    They have the bigger share .. 
    I know you do this on purpose to get a reaction from people, but 3 mistakes in a 6 word sentence is too much.
    Is it bad that I can only see 2?
    I know you do this on purpose to get a reaction from people, but 3 mistakes in a 6 word sentence is too much.
    Is it bad that I can only see 2?
    Yes.
    There are three. 
  • Does it matter??
  • edited July 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume CM will be on a wage after the statement he made about the things he will do for the club 
  • Does it matter??
    Was the second question mark necessary? 😉

I think the second should have been an exclamation mark.
  • reading the comments I understand the concerns re another new owner/owners. I'm in the glass half full camp, finding myself looking forward to the new season. To pay 12m plus for us and the structure for the club that has been alluded to gives me heart for the future. The proof is in the pudding so the next 18 months or 3 transfer windows will be telling. That said the player moves of late have been a welome positive start 
  • Chunes said:

Also witnessed the delivery of five brand new range rovers.
    Only 5 Range Rovers🤔
  • Chunes said:

What about the bitches?
  • _MrDick said:
    Chunes said:

Only 5 Range Rovers🤔
    How dumb must Mouthall have been (and still is). The rest of the activitiy was probably driven by some criminal mastermind and this was his first dabble at making some decisions. Well, aside from sweets and fizzy drinks on deadline day.
  • mendonca said:
    _MrDick said:
    Chunes said:

Only 5 Range Rovers🤔
    How dumb must Mouthall have been (and still is). The rest of the activitiy was probably driven by some criminal mastermind and this was his first dabble at making some decisions. Well, aside from sweets and fizzy drinks on deadline day.
    BEST DEADLINE DAY EVER