Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    I must be missing something here. What difference does it make if one of them lives or has connections to Texas ? do we not like Texan's ?
    General William Sherman is quoted as saying; "If I owned Hell and Texas, I would rent Texas and live in the other place!"
  • edited July 2023
    MrBurns said:
    clive said:
    Asked if the takeover should be completed by the end of next week, Storrie added: “I think it will probably be earlier than that. There is a framework but there are two sets of lawyers…so dare I say any more! I’m sure both parties – buyer and seller – want to get it concluded now. They are legal formalities and hopefully they will be as quick as possible.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-executive-peter-storrie-final-part-of-takeover-process-is-a-formality/
    It's a shame Storrie won't be staying on at the club 
    Not you mate but certain posters on here and you know who you are didn’t have a kind word to say about him when appointed. He’d had a somewhat chequered past apparently but he seems to have done ok for us. Cheers Peter👍.
  • sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    I must be missing something here. What difference does it make if one of them lives or has connections to Texas ? do we not like Texan's ?
    Because there was once a prospectus floating around trying to get small time investment lined up in our club, that was apparently distributed in Texas, and spoke of closing stands/the academy/moving the club/turning us into Crystal Palace B team/changing the kit colours to purple and beige hoops or whatever that everyone got very uppity about, but the vast majority of us haven't been able to see.

I'd hope once the takeover is fully ratified those with it can share it once and for all
    And how do we know that wasnt just a wind up ? do we know any actual Texans that received one ? 
  • AndyG said:
    sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    Because there was once a prospectus floating around trying to get small time investment lined up in our club, that was apparently distributed in Texas, and spoke of closing stands/the academy/moving the club/turning us into Crystal Palace B team/changing the kit colours to purple and beige hoops or whatever that everyone got very uppity about, but the vast majority of us haven't been able to see.

I'd hope once the takeover is fully ratified those with it can share it once and for all
    And how do we know that wasnt just a wind up ? do we know any actual Texans that received one ? 
    That's just it, we don't know because it has remained invisible, there were a couple of posters who claimed to have seen it iirc, none of which I can remember at this time, so it is a bit of an enigma...
  • AndyG said:
    sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:

That's just it, we don't know because it has remained invisible, there were a couple of posters who claimed to have seen it iirc, none of which I can remember at this time, so it is a bit of an enigma...
      Cardinal Sin and Airman rings a bell but the grey matter isn’t what it used to be 😞.
  • edited July 2023
    Wasn’t it leaked on here ages ago?

Edit, is this it?

• Sponsored links:

• Is today near the end of the week, one of the next few days, next Friday as seen from last week, or Friday week as seen from 11 days ago, or is today the mythical ‘soon’?
    I think we’d better see what the pre stream music is from Wealdstone in order to garner at least one solid actual fact.
  • Wasn’t it leaked on here ages ago?

Edit, is this it?

I thought this was Spiegel's investment pitch? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wasn’t it leaked on here ages ago?

Edit, is this it?

I thought this was Spiegel's investment pitch? 
    Can’t remember, which is why I asked. Maybe not then. 
  • Our average ticket price is a bias one in that document.
  • edited July 2023
    I’m not seeing a strong enough link between the supposed Texas prospectus and Friedman and Brener.

Wasn’t one of the initial concerns of fans regarding the mystery prospectus based around the fact that they were trying to cobble together investments of up to 75k to fund a purchase?

Meanwhile, we’re led to believe that collectively Friedman and Brener make up 67% of the new ownership. They are not small players in this. Not ones that such a prospectus would be aimed at.

That doesn’t really tally IMO. Almost feel as though a tenuous Texas link has been found to justify being negative.
  • Remember the Alamo, didn’t that involve Texans and Mexicans? I’ll say no more.
  • I’m not seeing a strong enough link between the supposed Texas prospectus and Friedman and Brener.

Wasn’t one of the initial concerns of fans regarding the mystery prospectus based around the fact that they were trying to cobble together investments of up to 75k to fund a purchase?

Meanwhile, we’re led to believe that collectively Friedman and Brener make up 67% of the new ownership. They are not small players in this. Not ones that such a prospectus would be aimed at.

That doesn’t really tally IMO. Almost feel as though a tenuous Texas link has been found to justify being negative.
    I agree, I think its probably more likely that CM created the Texas prospectus in order to get small investors to contribute towards his 7% and reduce his personal risk.
  • edited July 2023
    Remember the Alamo, didn’t that involve Texans and Mexicans? I’ll say no more.
    So you're saying Davy Crocket is our new left back?
    Nearly right. Knowing us he is likely to be a Crock!
  • Remember the Alamo, didn’t that involve Texans and Mexicans? I’ll say no more.
    i think he needs a song...
  • Sponsored links:

i think he needs a song...
    That's quite funny for you Dave.
    You heard it here first, folks. I’m only the messenger not the town crier!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can’t think of anybody has been more right about Charlton related matters than Airman. I don’t always agree with his views, but that’s when I’m wrong. 
    I've definitely disagreed with him before, only to later realise that my buoyant 'just support the lads' optimism may have been a teensy bit misplaced...
  • Now I make sure there's at least 2 or 3 of the lads I really, really don't support
  • bobmunro said:
    I’m not seeing a strong enough link between the supposed Texas prospectus and Friedman and Brener.

Friedman runs one of the most successful hedge funds in the US - does anyone really think he would be behind that imbecilic document?
    I never said he was behind it.
  • edited July 2023
    Remember the Alamo, didn’t that involve Texans and Mexicans? I’ll say no more.
    “T’hell he is!”   *he says mimicking John Wayne.
  • edited July 2023
    bobmunro said:

Friedman runs one of the most successful hedge funds in the US - does anyone really think he would be behind that imbecilic document?
    I never said he was behind it.
    No just that he might’ve been taken in by it.

It was so convincing that he said he’d rather put £4 million in up front rather than £75k.