Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• ross1 said:
    I assume CM will be on a wage after the statement he made about the things he will do for the club 
    Very much doubt he'll be on a paid salary from the club, unless he is given a defined role (Head of PR?) but unlikely.  He may be paid by the consortium.  My guess would be the consortium has created a fund to pay both the initial purchase price and ongoing costs and then CM would be considered a fund manager in that he will be the interface between the consortium and the club so will be paid by the fund.
  • ross1 said:
    I assume CM will be on a wage after the statement he made about the things he will do for the club 
    Not seen his statement, but the whole point of the takeover (using other peoples money) is so him & his cronies get a wage & of course the payoff at the end of the day for his shares which I assume is his fee for putting the takeover together.
    Is it?
  • Just some advice, if you're a member of the spelling police and take your job very seriously, try not to embarrass someone on a public platform about it. 

The person you target could have learning difficulties or issues with spelling, if you genuinely want to help then drop them a direct message maybe. Even then proceed with caution as it could cause embarrassment. 

Ultimately as long as you can interpret what someone is trying to say and they aren't being rude, I don't see the big deal in grammatical errors..
    Fax bro 🙏🏻 

And if anyone needs any help with spelling and grammar, specially when to utilise a  comma. DM me 
  • edited July 2023
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t CM originally say to people he would have no active part in the day to day running of the club? I may be completely wrong but will be interesting to see if that turns out to be a load of tosh 
  • seth plum said:
    I don’t think it happened on Tuesday because of the pre stream music that evening.
     No idea who does the music for the stream but on matchdays "Addicks to Victory" is no more. 
    They played it the other night before the Gillingham game.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think and hope tomorrow’s the day🍺🍺
  • cazo said:
    I think and hope tomorrow’s the day🍺🍺
    Never mind the beers, get the coffee on and chill….
  • Friedman Is minted 
  • Friedman Is minted 
    By my standards certainly but is he even as wealthy as Sandgaard?
  • Friedman Is minted 
    So was Thomas, he’s not so now!
  • Friedman Is minted 
    By my standards certainly but is he even as wealthy as Sandgaard?
    Nah he just happens to have a strong love of Polo's 
  • edited July 2023
    Friedman Is minted 
    Not even in the same league
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Friedman Is minted 
    Friedmans company oversees investment portfolios that amount to billions of pounds. I doubt Friedman himself has anywhere near half the personal assets of Sandgaard. 
  • edited July 2023
    However they will both also only own a portion of the club. I imagine the personal wealth of the whole consortium is more on a par with TS, and probably less at risk of half it's value being wiped out by a stupid tweet or two
  • Friedman Is minted 
    Friedmans company oversees investment portfolios that amount to billions of pounds. I doubt Friedman himself has anywhere near half the personal assets of Sandgaard. 
    What are you suggesting TS has in cash, hundreds of millions?
  • Scoham said:
    Friedman Is minted 
    What are you suggesting TS has in cash, hundreds of millions?
    No but that’s his net worth. 
  • The non-footballing details some of you need to get into ad infinitum is weird. Wait - didn't somebody else say that?  B)
  • Zzzzzzz
  • Brener used to own Walt Disneys $75m home. I don't think the fella is sort of a few quid.
  • edited July 2023
    PopIcon said:
    Brener used to own Walt Disneys $75m home. I don't think the fella is sort of a few quid.
    Also states in a few different articles he is a billionaire (could obviously be in dollars) https://www.dirt.com/moguls/power-players/gabriel-brener-buys-beverly-hills-mansion-11700/ . I also believe Friedman's net worth is around a billion too - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12870239/charlton-takeover-consortium-involving-american-billionaire-joshua-friedman-submits-fresh-bid
  • edited July 2023

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.
    And just so happens to own or previously own the Houston Dynamos.

He does know Houston is in Texas doesn't he??