Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    PopIcon said:
    Brener used to own Walt Disneys $75m home. I don't think the fella is sort of a few quid.
    Also states in a few different articles he is a billionaire (could obviously be in dollars) https://www.dirt.com/moguls/power-players/gabriel-brener-buys-beverly-hills-mansion-11700/ . I also believe Friedman's net worth is around a billion too - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12870239/charlton-takeover-consortium-involving-american-billionaire-joshua-friedman-submits-fresh-bid
    The two billionaires CM previously mentioned.

• 'Gabriel is mexican
    '.
    And just so happens to own the Houston Dynamos.

He does know Houston is in Texas doesn't he??
    Sold his controlling stake in June 2021 and the rest of his stake in August 2022. So Methven is technically correct in what he says about Brener, it's rather obtuse to claim there's no Texas link whatsoever, and is a moot point anyway as it turns out JF and Canyon Partners have recently opened an office in Dallas (they haven't entirely moved there, they still operate offices in LA, NYC, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo)
  • edited July 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t think of anybody has been more right about Charlton related matters than Airman. I don’t always agree with his views, but that’s when I’m wrong. 
    That’s a decent standpoint to be fair but you think these New owners are a bunch of no hopers also ? 
    I deliberately haven't really formed a view, other than I'd rather have had Mike Danson as the new owner.
    I tend to be optimistic, and there are good signs (decent new manager, quite good new signings - with more expected to come, possibly higher levels of finance than Sandgaard could provide), but like many others I'll wait and see what transpires. 
  • se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.
    And just so happens to own or previously own the Houston Dynamos.

That doesn’t make him Texan though, does it? Berner & Friedman aren’t Londoners because they invested in Charlton.
    The question isn’t whether someone is from Texas, it’s why was there a document about Charlton floating around in Texas. This ownership group clearly has links to Texas. 
  • Are we expecting any updates on the takeover today?  Various people were saying it would be yesterday, across all social media, so was just wondering if they may finalise before the weekend.
  • se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

That doesn’t make him Texan though, does it? Berner & Friedman aren’t Londoners because they invested in Charlton.
    The question isn’t whether someone is from Texas, it’s why was there a document about Charlton floating around in Texas. This ownership group clearly has links to Texas. 
    The question that I was responding to was precisely “whether someone is from Texas”…
  • Are we expecting any updates on the takeover today?  Various people were saying it would be yesterday, across all social media, so was just wondering if they may finalise before the weekend.
    Not if Richard Cawley is correct, he said his understanding is there’s a period of five or six days for all the documentation to get filed.
  • If it ain't today, they can have their collective £millions back and we'll keep Thomas!!

Riiight?

• Sponsored links:

• 'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

He’s a businessman not a geography teacher
  • Asked if the takeover should be completed by the end of next week, Storrie added: “I think it will probably be earlier than that. There is a framework but there are two sets of lawyers…so dare I say any more! I’m sure both parties – buyer and seller – want to get it concluded now. They are legal formalities and hopefully they will be as quick as possible.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-executive-peter-storrie-final-part-of-takeover-process-is-a-formality/
  • _MrDick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

He’s a businessman not a geography teacher
    He looks more like a Geography teacher.
  • redbuttle said:
    se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

Basically, so what...
    Because, according to boots on the ground, the business plan that was being banded around the texan business quarters was a huge crock of sh*t.
  • redbuttle said:
    se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

Basically, so what...
    Because, according to boots on the ground, the business plan that was being banded around the texan business quarters was a huge crock of sh*t.
    Is that the new owners business plan then? 

If it is what can we do about it?
  •  redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

Basically, so what...
    Is that the new owners business plan then? 

If it is what can we do about it?
     I've no idea. And that's not really my point.

In Prague's interview, CM claimed to have no knowledge of the plan and also stated there were no links to Texas within the majority ownership members, which is clearly untrue.
  • redbuttle said:
    se9addick said:

'Gabriel is mexican
    '.

Basically, so what...
    Yeh I agree. I couldn’t care less, but CM invented his own question when asked about it, that’s all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Storrie - "It’s another milestone in the history of Charlton. It’s the end of Thomas’ era, subject to the legal formalities in the next few days, and a start of a new era under SE7 Partners – Charlie Methven and his group.”
  • edited July 2023
    Gribbo said:
    Storrie - "It’s another milestone in the history of Charlton. It’s the end of Thomas’ era, subject to the legal formalities in the next few days, and a start of a new era under SE7 Partners – Charlie Methven and his group.”
    Bring your coffee and your packed lunch and dinner. Might need a sleeping bag n all
  • mendonca said:
    Being owned by Charlie Methven and his group sounds grim, but we have to roll with it.
    Just out of interest, what sounds grim about them?
  • clive said:
    Asked if the takeover should be completed by the end of next week, Storrie added: “I think it will probably be earlier than that. There is a framework but there are two sets of lawyers…so dare I say any more! I’m sure both parties – buyer and seller – want to get it concluded now. They are legal formalities and hopefully they will be as quick as possible.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-executive-peter-storrie-final-part-of-takeover-process-is-a-formality/
    It's a shame Storrie won't be staying on at the club 
  • AndyG said:
    I must be missing something here. What difference does it make if one of them lives or has connections to Texas ? do we not like Texan's ?
    Because there was once a prospectus floating around trying to get small time investment lined up in our club, that was apparently distributed in Texas, and spoke of closing stands/the academy/moving the club/turning us into Crystal Palace B team/changing the kit colours to purple and beige hoops or whatever that everyone got very uppity about, but the vast majority of us haven't been able to see.

I'd hope once the takeover is fully ratified those with it can share it once and for all