Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Can someone tell me if we are filthy rich yet?
  • thenewbie said:
    N01R4M said:
    @PragueAddick

Have you ever been able to see the alleged “Texas Prospectus” ?
    Nope, but I fully trust @Airman Brown and @Cardinal Sin, who have, and I respect that they honour their commitment to their respective sources. I think we can now safely say that it does not matter too much now.
    Thanks for the reply. I can fully understand the need to respect sources but the prospectus has been a stick to bash this takeover and I think it’s rather unfair. I don’t quite agree it’s meaningless now. In practical terms perhaps but it’s a prospectus and as such should have been reasonably widely circulated. Certainly if it was directed at £75k investors. I find it strange that we haven’t been able to see it when it’s actually fundamental to many of this forums view of one of the major players. 
    The thing is, and either AB or CS can correct me, I don’t think it was ever proved that CM had anything to do with it. 

What I am not clear about is why the share offer was restricted to Texas.  I have learnt from this forum that Delaware has a special status as a tax haven within the US.  Does Texas similarly have laws which make it a most-favoured launch pad for highly speculative share sales?  Or was it chosen because there were wealthy people in that state who were already interested in buying into CAFC? 

Was is it ever true that this was the case though? I fully accept that a prospectus was indeed found in Texas but I don't know we ever had proof that it was ONLY in Texas... 
    It may well have been offered elsewhere but it certainly wasn't made public. I only found out by a remote coincidence.
    That's fair, it was a genuine question not an attempted Gotcha type thing. I know we have one investor who actually DOES have links to Texas but others who don't so I don't know if this means the prospectus went elsewhere or even if its something different entirely
  • supaclive said:
    CM won't be putting cash in
    He's "earnt" his shares for brokering the deal
    The monies LOANED by the richest of the group will attract commercial rates of interest
    CM will, I think, be paid for a job by CAFC

If it goes wrong, CM won't lose any cash

However, this takeover is way better than life under TS would have been in Season 23/24 !
    My view too re his 'investment.' 
  • @PragueAddick

Nope, but I fully trust @Airman Brown and @Cardinal Sin, who have, and I respect that they honour their commitment to their respective sources. I think we can now safely say that it does not matter too much now.
    Thanks for the reply. I can fully understand the need to respect sources but the prospectus has been a stick to bash this takeover and I think it’s rather unfair. I don’t quite agree it’s meaningless now. In practical terms perhaps but it’s a prospectus and as such should have been reasonably widely circulated. Certainly if it was directed at £75k investors. I find it strange that we haven’t been able to see it when it’s actually fundamental to many of this forums view of one of the major players. 
    The thing is, and either AB or CS can correct me, I don’t think it was ever proved that CM had anything to do with it. 
    Agreed, but he’s been tarred with that brush hasn’t he. Perhaps completely unfairly ? 
  • edited July 2023
    @PragueAddick

Have explained all this several times previously. What matters now is proof of the pudding. If they run the club appropriately and with the clubs and supporters best interests at heart, it will prove to have been nonsense or at least seen a change of strategy. If there proves to be very limited money and cost-cutting begins, we will have a much better idea of where we are headed.
    Please don’t think I’m getting at you or Airman for that matter and I respect both of your integrity’s completely, but how does your comment address my comment ? Yes we all know the proof of the pudding etc and only then can we judge. What I’m trying to put forward, probably badly is that it’s actually quite uncommon for such a Charlton significant document as the “prospectus” to be seen by some Charlton supporters and yet not by presumably every other fan. One can argue that it’s now insignificant but I don’t believe it is. The implication of this reported yet unseen document flavoured and coloured the perception of this takeover for very many supporters from the off. I think it may have at best be viewed as an injustice to some and been downright misleading to boot. If there are wrongs to be righted I hope that this now defunct document can be seen so that all Charlton supporters can make up their own mind. 
  • The last prospector to find gold in Texas.

• SHG - I have never had the documents. I was shown them. The prospectus was a PowerPoint deck. It may have had a very limited audience in the US. It was mostly cut n paste from previous ones. The associated email trail was written directly to the investor and was far more insightful in terms of the operation of the club than the prospectus.
  • Sponsored links:

• SHG - I have never had the documents. I was shown them. The prospectus was a PowerPoint deck. It may have had a very limited audience in the US. It was mostly cut n paste from previous ones. The associated email trail was written directly to the investor and was far more insightful in terms of the operation of the club than the prospectus.
    I appreciate your response. Thankyou.
  • About to be announced officially
  • ElliotCAFC said:
    About to be announced officially
    I'll believe that when I see it....
  • The next few minutes or hours could be crucial.

Could there be a few signings to follow?
  • An announcement followed by a signing or two over the next few hours/days to show they mean business......maybe.....hopefully......who knows......not me.
  • The talk of billionaires got me thinking what an obscene amount of money that is.

If you earned £1,000 a day without spending a penny since Jesus died you still wouldn't have a billion pounds. In fact you are only 74% of the way there. 

*p.s yes I haven't taken inflation into account and at the rate we are going £1,000 today will be worth a billion by about 2026.
    You have vastly underestimated the magic of compound interest. In your example, with 8% interest pa  you would get to the magic billion in only 67 years 8 months. With interest accounting for £978mn of that total.  (Of course I have assumed that you are earning that money in the Cayman Islands and not paying tax.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Everybody run off this thread now thay Cawley possesses actual information. 
  • What time is it in Texas ?
  • The best takeover that never was, was announced on a Friday night.

A real remember where you were moment.

Zabeel anyone?
    Somewhere in Hull getting battered during Freshers.

life changes a lot, now having a hot chocolate in Souty West China.