Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    The "place" looks like Brunel, Belgium. 

If so, not actually a place, but a company which, according to its websites, is a global recruitment and mobility agency. 
    https://www.brunel.net/en/europe/belgium and https://www.brunel.net/nl-be/ 

Warrick looking to jump ship?  Or investigating their project management services?
    Or is Roland using their services for something Valley-related?

Multiple opportunities for conspiracy theorists!!
    The only thing we know for certain is it’s nothing to do with buying the valley coz airman and Irving said that won’t be happening despite somebody called Bexley boy or Colin or Ronnie saying we will - a case for poirot I think 
  • Options
    Bored now.  When is the next takeover?
  • Options
    Charlie M says they’re not here for a quick flip of the club, how’s that for reassurance? 🤷‍♂️😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Charlie M says they’re not here for a quick flip of the club, how’s that for reassurance? 🤷‍♂️😉
    Too right, not one of the silly sods know how to run a football club properly.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I had a good chat with Jim Rodwell and Paul Elliot on the train yesterday. 

I can’t remember everything they told me but the main reason why bought Charlton because of the location and the academy. I also asked them about The Valley and Sparrows lane and they’re continuing to discuss with Roland about arrangements.

I also mentioned about the fact we had Curbs for 15 years and we not had a manager who have completed a full season since Chris Powell apart from Bowyer and they understood my concerns about this. They also admired Appleton’s tactical approach towards the end of yesterday’s game.

I told them what Sandgaard promised us originally and told them that actions speak louder than words and understood they didn’t say anything about their plans. Jim said he doesn’t see any point promising the world as they need to do the talking on the pitch and background. 

The last thing they mentioned to me as walking off the train that ‘it’s a marathon, not a sprint’ I was a little taken aback by that first but eventually nodded with them and shook their hand. It is a marathon and not a sprint as Charlton have been so f**ked up over the years that they probably need to get our house in order.

Overall, it was a pleasant chat with them. Just hope they turn out good to be this time!
    Interested to know when this discussion started. Prior to the takeover completing they were quite clear they hadn’t spoken to RD and didn’t need to do so. 

I’m sure they told you that, but I don’t believe they are having any discussions of substance, if any at all. They just tell you what they think people want to hear.
    So is TS still guarantor to the lease? And if so with the break clause looming (2024?) could that 
    pose a problem?
    The break clause (in 2025) can only be activated by the football club - not Roland and not the guarantor.
    Thank you, but I assume the guarantor is still TS?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Clarky said:
    Clarky said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I had a good chat with Jim Rodwell and Paul Elliot on the train yesterday. 

I can’t remember everything they told me but the main reason why bought Charlton because of the location and the academy. I also asked them about The Valley and Sparrows lane and they’re continuing to discuss with Roland about arrangements.

I also mentioned about the fact we had Curbs for 15 years and we not had a manager who have completed a full season since Chris Powell apart from Bowyer and they understood my concerns about this. They also admired Appleton’s tactical approach towards the end of yesterday’s game.

I told them what Sandgaard promised us originally and told them that actions speak louder than words and understood they didn’t say anything about their plans. Jim said he doesn’t see any point promising the world as they need to do the talking on the pitch and background. 

The last thing they mentioned to me as walking off the train that ‘it’s a marathon, not a sprint’ I was a little taken aback by that first but eventually nodded with them and shook their hand. It is a marathon and not a sprint as Charlton have been so f**ked up over the years that they probably need to get our house in order.

Overall, it was a pleasant chat with them. Just hope they turn out good to be this time!
    Interested to know when this discussion started. Prior to the takeover completing they were quite clear they hadn’t spoken to RD and didn’t need to do so. 

I’m sure they told you that, but I don’t believe they are having any discussions of substance, if any at all. They just tell you what they think people want to hear.
    So is TS still guarantor to the lease? And if so with the break clause looming (2024?) could that 
    pose a problem?
    The break clause (in 2025) can only be activated by the football club - not Roland and not the guarantor.
    Thank you, but I assume the guarantor is still TS?
    The guarantor cannot be changed without amending the lease, which is a public document. This in turn requires RD to agree. However, I have speculated that someone could indemnify the risk to Sandgaard, which would have the same effect.

I cannot see how Sandgaard (or his lawyers) would allow a situation where he is left liable for the actions of third parties.

• Options
    So the official board of Directors now in place: https://www.charltonafc.com/news/board-directors-appointments-confirmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No salary stated?

If this was under Sandgaard you could guarantee that the perfect applicant was currently already employed at the club.
  • Options

Director of Performance Services

Charlton Athletic Football Club
    London
    24 days ago
    Full–time
    ​​Position: Director of Performance Services ​ Location: Charlton Athletic Training Ground, Sparrows Lane, Eltham SE9-2JR Salary Competitive Hours: Full Time About Us: Charlton Athletic Football Club is an English professional association football club based in Charlton, south-east London. The club was founded on June 9th, 1905 and has a very storied history from rising to the top-flight of English Football in the 1930s (First Division) and again in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, to winning the FA Cup in 1947 and to leaving their Valley home in the mid-1980s only to make an impassioned return in 1992. Historically, the women's team played under Charlton Athletic from 2000 to 2007 but were released to become an independently run team in 2007 following the men's team's relegation from the Premier League. The women's team were originally formed as a non-professional team in 1991 and were highly successful in the early 2000s winning The FA Cup, the League Cup, and the Charity Shield, as well as coming runners-up in the top division in multiple seasons. In February 2021, the club acquired the Charlton Athletic Women's team, turning the team full-time professional, and integrating them to become one club again. Currently, our men's first team competes in League One, the third tier of English football, and our women's team competes in the Women’s Championship, the second highest division of women's football in England. At Charlton, we are ‘one club’ and can be truly described as a ‘family club’. Role Description: The role holder will oversee the delivery of an aligned MDT approach to the management of athletic development, considering injury management, player load & development, all aspects of mental performance and all analysis services across the club.

Key Responsibilities: • Injury management and injury prevention: Co-ordinate the injury management and medical status of all 1st team players, whilst reducing the risk of injury occurrence within the 1st team with the development of appropriate screening and injury prevention strategies. These strategies will be adopted across the Women’s Team and Academy. •

Rehabilitation: Facilitate evidence-based protocols for return to full function of 1st team players and allow them to compete at the highest level while minimising the risk of reoccurrence of injury. •

Player load & development: Manage and lead the development of acute/chronic athletic development ensuring injury risk management & performance enhancement are all part of the same process throughout the football club.

• Performance Analysis & Sport Psychology: Manage and lead data, analysis, and psychology teams to ensure the football club delivers a high-quality service to all its coaches and players. • To ensure the club is at the cutting edge with respect to research & innovation: To lead a strategy that ensures the club continues to challenge itself in all areas to stay ahead of the competition.

• To maintain detailed records: Ensure all therapy care and performance data is appropriately housed in accordance with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.

• To create and implement systems, guidelines, and methodologies: To evaluate the success of the performance MDT. • To manage the budget: For all performance services, ensuring the football club maximises spend in an efficient way that allows each department to be high performing in all areas.

Education/Qualifications/Training: • An undergraduate degree in a related field • A postgraduate degree in a related field • A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in elite sport Abilities/Skills/Knowledge: Essential • An extensive knowledge of athletic development and injury management in elite sports medicine/science. • An extensive knowledge of medical screening/injury profiling in elite sporting populations. • Experience in a similar leadership position. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with people, challenge staff performance, standards, values & behaviours. • Be able to work to tight deadlines & be flexible in the expected working pattern. • Have facilitation skills, including the ability to manage and resolve tensions, disputes, and conflicts. • Ability to establish relationships and influence key stakeholder groups. • Managing change and embedding new ways of working. • Delegation and holding others to account. • A great ability to reflect on current working practice and change when indicated. • To lead and inspire by example. • Taking brave decisions after bold but thought through decision making processes. • Being able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for your work but maintain a high degree of humility in its delivery and when dealing with others. ​Desirable • Show an ability to communicate in the correct manner to all key stakeholders. • Understand the requirements of first team football and the associated demands. • 5yrs previous experience within a similar role. Additional Information: • This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings • Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. • Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures. • Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. • CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development, and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability, or gender reassignment.
  • Options
    @Sage does that read like a sensible role description 
  • Options
    @Sage does that read like a sensible role description 

Reads to me like a typical corporate job description where the candidate is expected (but can’t really have) all the skills, experience and qualification but being not spectacularly well paid. 

I assume they will get someone who can legitimately claim some of that profile. 

Also on a hiding to nothing in terms of satisfying the job spec when injuries can be so unique / unpredictable. 
  • Options
    Sleuth away 

Update on the two Belgians shown around the Valley on transfer deadline day by Rodwell and Warwick.

Can now confirm they both were representing CAFC Holdings, the company owned by Roland which owns the Valley and Sparrows Lane.

And the young woman is Duchatelet's daughter!
    Thanks for the update. Any idea if it was just an inspection/walk around or if it was more exciting?
  • Options
    Sleuth away 

Update on the two Belgians shown around the Valley on transfer deadline day by Rodwell and Warwick.

Can now confirm they both were representing CAFC Holdings, the company owned by Roland which owns the Valley and Sparrows Lane.

And the young woman is Duchatelet's daughter!
     Looking at her inheritance no doubt!

That was very funny.
    I gather that she works in land property.
  • Options
    We are all his children 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ah!  Those were the days...
  • Options
    Only enlightening articles please.