Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    I know two young Belgians were shown round the Valley recently.

Not been able to find out exactly who they were or why but they were clearly more than just random fans as it was transfer deadline day but they were being shown around but the Chairman, Rodwell, and the FD, Warwick.

Could be nothing, could just be a landlord check but whatever it was it won't be whatever fantasy that RonnieMoore is currently swallowing hook, line and sinker and repeating without really understanding what he's saying.
    Most likely linked to ACA Football Partners who own a Belgian club and partly own us.

• Options
    This lot are never going to buy the ground 
    And righty so .. only idiots would spend 50 mill on something when they got 13 years lease at good rates still to go ……. They will buy both when the time is right 
    11 and a half years. It’s much more than the rate RD agreed with ESI. And they won’t. They’ll be long gone.
    Don’t forget Ronnie was insisting they had only owned us for three weeks for about a month.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Not been able to find out exactly who they were or why but they were clearly more than just random fans as it was transfer deadline day but they were being shown around but the Chairman, Rodwell, and the FD, Warwick.

Could be nothing, could just be a landlord check but whatever it was it won't be whatever fantasy that RonnieMoore is currently swallowing hook, line and sinker and repeating without really understanding what he's saying.
    Most likely linked to ACA Football Partners who own a Belgian club and partly own us.

Possible but not the impression I was  given 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Do you think it’s more likely they were linked to RD?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Do you think it’s more likely they were linked to RD?
    Yes, but I'm far from definite 
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I had a good chat with Jim Rodwell and Paul Elliot on the train yesterday. 

I can’t remember everything they told me but the main reason why bought Charlton because of the location and the academy. I also asked them about The Valley and Sparrows lane and they’re continuing to discuss with Roland about arrangements.

I also mentioned about the fact we had Curbs for 15 years and we not had a manager who have completed a full season since Chris Powell apart from Bowyer and they understood my concerns about this. They also admired Appleton’s tactical approach towards the end of yesterday’s game.

I told them what Sandgaard promised us originally and told them that actions speak louder than words and understood they didn’t say anything about their plans. Jim said he doesn’t see any point promising the world as they need to do the talking on the pitch and background. 

The last thing they mentioned to me as walking off the train that ‘it’s a marathon, not a sprint’ I was a little taken aback by that first but eventually nodded with them and shook their hand. It is a marathon and not a sprint as Charlton have been so f**ked up over the years that they probably need to get our house in order.

Overall, it was a pleasant chat with them. Just hope they turn out good to be this time!
    Interested to know when this discussion started. Prior to the takeover completing they were quite clear they hadn’t spoken to RD and didn’t need to do so. 

I’m sure they told you that, but I don’t believe they are having any discussions of substance, if any at all. They just tell you what they think people want to hear.
    So is TS still guarantor to the lease? And if so with the break clause looming (2024?) could that 
    pose a problem?
  • Options
    Irving - far from definite (guessing)
    airman - I don’t believe (doesn’t know) 
    Yet both know Ronnie is wrong - classic 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Ronnie knows Ronnie's wrong!
    Ronnie doesn’t know whether he is wrong or right - he knows about as much as the other two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Ronnie doesn’t know whether he is wrong or right - he knows about as much as the other two

But it would be interesting having the three of them sat round the table.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is for sone time now actually and if I’m right, chances are they will have sat round a table many times - certainly Airman and Ronnie anyway, not so sure about what Irving has got up to in the past - think he was fan on the board and now something re the museum and Bromley - maybe a ‘hold the back page’ type event could be screened by Louis Mend - a special event  
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is for sone time now actually and if I’m right, chances are they will have sat round a table many times - certainly Airman and Ronnie anyway, not so sure about what Irving has got up to in the past - think he was fan on the board and now something re the museum and Bromley - maybe a 'hold the back page' type event could be screened by Louis Mend - a special event.
    What for?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is for sone time now actually and if I’m right, chances are they will have sat round a table many times - certainly Airman and Ronnie anyway, not so sure about what Irving has got up to in the past - think he was fan on the board and now something re the museum and Bromley - maybe a 'hold the back page' type event could be screened by Louis Mend - a special event.
    What for?
    Amusement 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is for sone time now actually and if I’m right, chances are they will have sat round a table many times - certainly Airman and Ronnie anyway, not so sure about what Irving has got up to in the past - think he was fan on the board and now something re the museum and Bromley - maybe a ‘hold the back page’ type event could be screened by Louis Mend - a special event  
    You sound a very bitter person
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Not sure how u reach that conclusion but I’d love to see u try and explain 😂
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Doucher - I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is (Doesn't have a clue)
    Incorrect Bob - It’s a hunch which is inevitably based on some clues - I’ve no clue who you r though if that helps ? 
  • Options
    Sleuth away 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not very hard to work out who ronnie/Colin/Bexley boy is as he used his real forename and surname as a user name.
  • Options
    A Rock superstar for a Baroque superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzx1DDjYW54

• Options
    Clarky said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I had a good chat with Jim Rodwell and Paul Elliot on the train yesterday. 

I can’t remember everything they told me but the main reason why bought Charlton because of the location and the academy. I also asked them about The Valley and Sparrows lane and they’re continuing to discuss with Roland about arrangements.

I also mentioned about the fact we had Curbs for 15 years and we not had a manager who have completed a full season since Chris Powell apart from Bowyer and they understood my concerns about this. They also admired Appleton’s tactical approach towards the end of yesterday’s game.

I told them what Sandgaard promised us originally and told them that actions speak louder than words and understood they didn’t say anything about their plans. Jim said he doesn’t see any point promising the world as they need to do the talking on the pitch and background. 

The last thing they mentioned to me as walking off the train that ‘it’s a marathon, not a sprint’ I was a little taken aback by that first but eventually nodded with them and shook their hand. It is a marathon and not a sprint as Charlton have been so f**ked up over the years that they probably need to get our house in order.

Overall, it was a pleasant chat with them. Just hope they turn out good to be this time!
    Interested to know when this discussion started. Prior to the takeover completing they were quite clear they hadn’t spoken to RD and didn’t need to do so. 

I’m sure they told you that, but I don’t believe they are having any discussions of substance, if any at all. They just tell you what they think people want to hear.
    So is TS still guarantor to the lease? And if so with the break clause looming (2024?) could that 
    pose a problem?
    The break clause (in 2025) can only be activated by the football club - not Roland and not the guarantor.
  • Options
    Not very hard to work out who ronnie/Colin/Bexley boy is as he used his real forename and surname as a user name.
    Bexley Moore? I hear its beautiful this time of year, good for grouse as well.
  • Options
    The "place" looks like Brunel, Belgium. 

If so, not actually a place, but a company which, according to its websites, is a global recruitment and mobility agency. 
    https://www.brunel.net/en/europe/belgium and https://www.brunel.net/nl-be/ 

Warrick looking to jump ship?  Or investigating their project management services?
    Or is Roland using their services for something Valley-related?

Multiple opportunities for conspiracy theorists!!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    fenaddick said:
    Sleuth away 

disappointing to see Warwick can't spell Valley!
    I think it's "The Wally"...🙄
  • Options
    edited September 2023

DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Doucher - I’ve had a hunch as to who Ronnie is (Doesn't have a clue)
    Incorrect Bob - It’s a hunch which is inevitably based on some clues - I’ve no clue who you r though if that helps ? 

Helps with what ?  :)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Not sure how u reach that conclusion but I’d love to see u try and explain 😂
    Oh it's just a hunch.