Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Genuinely time to have an investigation into our training methods. We're clearly doing something very wrong
    We'll get the Manager to investigate
    I really appreciate the humour on here all!
  • lawhite said:
    It blows my mind… why are we signing kids on loan, we when enough kids of our own already in the team!!! 

Where are the tried and tested league one senior players who are able to help us push on..

Alfie May must be thinking what the help have I joined!! 
    But our kids aren't good enough. I have no doubt that Anderson, Asiimwe and Ness will get better, but are they top seven good enough? 
  • sam3110 said:
    I mean if we can't get Ladapo, the next best thing is no-one getting him I suppose

Hold -on there's always the Free agent market.......and by waiting till after  the deadline their negotiating position is even weaker ..so we can get them cheaper.
  • Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Agreed. Blindly accept whatever players are signed.
    Said absolutely nobody ..... but anyway, the alternative is what? I mean,  what do you do when you've already pissed your pants?
    I’ve only seen people asking perfectly valid questions of the signings we’re making. If you’re happy with it then good for you, but ‘not those signings’ is really not an unreasonable thing to say if you think the quality of players isn’t good enough to get us promoted, is it?
    I can't say I've seen any of them play much - a bit like everyone else on this thread. Apart from the Udinese lad. I've been following all of his games for a while now.
    Big fan of the Irish league?
  • lawhite said:
    I reckon tomorrow’s attendance will be below 10k 
    Easy way to double that, just announce a parade of the new signings beforehand. 
  • IR94 said:
    another younger player, not many experienced pros in our squad 
    The exact opposite of what Curbs said was needed after the Oxford defeat. 
  • going against the grain of course but I actually think the window has been pretty good ( yes a lack of experience ) but I’d say the player level has been pretty good , once we get Fraser , Camara & Leaburn fit with these others players we’ll be sweet.
  • I think this window has actually been ok relative to previous. The problem is it’s been completely dwarfed by our expectations at the start. That’s partly a comms issue
  • CafcWest said:
    From all the comments/moans about signing "youngsters" it's a good job we didn't sign Erling Haaland then as he's only 23...would have been a meltdown.
    Yeah that's the one, Charlton life would of gone into meltdown if we signed Erling Haaland 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    There is no question that the club is now focusing on youth, even with incomings, loans or permanent. The phrase you win nothing with youth players, might well be true but it's worth looking at fees paid in the last few years and the wages that accompanies those signings. It's also worth looking at squads that achieved promotion in this modern era. I'm sure that someone on here has the stats for both Bowyer and Chris Powell's squad but I don't believe that either of those squads had the same age average age. There is one standout in both those squads though, they both goalscorers, Powell's squad had two, which is why, in my opinion they won the league, Bowyers team had one, which I believe is why they made the playoffs and not the top two. Whatever signings we bring in we must have a threat in the forward line and because of the injury to Leaburn and the slow reaction to not only replacing him, but bringing in an experienced striker, we have yet to start the season and the owners are now having to play catch up.  
  • Would it not be best to actually see these new signings play for us before we make a decision on how good this window has been...no I do not know CM or any of the others 🥴
  • PopIcon said:
    lawhite said:
    It blows my mind… why are we signing kids on loan, we when enough kids of our own already in the team!!! 

Where are the tried and tested league one senior players who are able to help us push on..

Alfie May must be thinking what the help have I joined!! 
    But our kids aren't good enough. I have no doubt that Anderson, Asiimwe and Ness will get better, but are they top seven good enough? 
    Are our youngsters good enough to play in academies for Man City and the Italian top flight?

i haven't seen any of our new signings play (or remember them) but they are older than our youngsters that are currently playing and all come from top flight clubs. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    CafcWest said:
    From all the comments/moans about signing "youngsters" it's a good job we didn't sign Erling Haaland then as he's only 23...would have been a meltdown.

There's a difference between a 23 year old that has probably played well over 100 top flight games by the age of 23 and someone who has played a handful of games in the lower leagues 
    Yes that's true enough.  Think I'm just getting worn down by all the negativity.  We just need to see what happens on the pitch before passing judgement.
  • edited September 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcWest said:
    He was so unproven before he went to City as well. A real gamble for City and complete comparable to us signing players on loan that have barely played a senior game.
  • Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

Agree with this 
  • edited September 2023
    As it stands we can play 2 full XI's without fielding an injured player, which is a step forwards at least. 

Isted
    Jones Hector Thomas
    Asiimwe Dobson Anderson Edun
     T. Campbell May Blackett-Taylor

Maynard-Brewer
    Elerewe Abankwu Ness
    T.Watson Taylor L.Watson Kirk
    C.Campbell Kanu Jaiyesimi 

Yes, the second XI is even more shite than the already shite first XI, but at least we have the bodies, and that's without the new Striker, Camara, Fraser, Leaburn, McGrandles and Aneke (stop sniggering at the back) in it.

343 with wingers cutting in to shoot and wing backs overlapping is the way forwards!
  • Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

"Shut up with this shit".

Hark at her!
  • Perhaps when the regime said they wanted promotion they meant for the the U21 side and the senior side can do one (too expensive to even try).
  • lawhite said:
    I reckon tomorrow’s attendance will be below 10k 
    Agree. But it will be announced as 17,547.
  • Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

👏🏼 💯 
  • edited September 2023
    We all still having fun? 
  • sam3110 said:
    As it stands we can play 2 full XI's without fielding an injured player, which is a step forwards at least. 

Isted
    Jones Hector Thomas
    Asiimwe Dobson Anderson Edun
     T. Campbell May Blackett-Taylor

Maynard-Brewer
    Elerewe Abankwu Ness
    T.Watson Taylor L.Watson Kirk
    C.Campbell Kanu Jaiyesimi 

Yes, the second XI is even more shite than the already shite first XI, but at least we have the bodies, and that's without the new Striker, Camara, Fraser, Leaburn, McGrandles and Aneke (stop sniggering at the back) in it.

343 with wingers cutting in to shoot and wing backs overlapping is the way forwards!
    Glad that was edited, just seeing two Kirks in a team made me shudder.