Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• We could want Ladapo all we want, but if Derby are on the table then he’s going there ain’t he.

Yep.
  • 5 loans: Abankwah, Camara, Campbell, Ladapo or Tedic?, Watson
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Ladapo is this season's strop/saviour I see.
    Ladapo vs Prem young loanee I think is an easy choice. 

Ladapo every time. When was the last time we had a decent scoring loanee?
    JRS last season
     Sorry I meant as in an out and out striker. But you probably gathered that from the comparison to Ladapo. 
    Fair enough. Had a quick look on Wikipedia, I don’t think we’ve had many on loan - Burstow but that’s a bit different. Stockley scored enough for us to sign him permanently.

Before that you have to go back to 17/18 when we loaned Dodoo, Mavididi and Zyro.
    Kind of my point, we have landed on a striker that did okay last season, instead of one that is known to do well at this level. 
    Strikers who have been banging them in tend not to be loaned out to clubs in a lower division ..... 
    Young strikers learn their trade by being loaned out to a lower division. Many of them score goals. Ones we sign, young or old, rarely score 5 a season. Stockley the outlier with his 8 in 22. 
  • Surprised by the continued policy of signing young players.
  • Interesting signings. I'm fine with our business so far.

Wonder if there's more? Was always going to be a mad dash towards the end when you are in the financial position we are in.
  • ValleyBen said:
    This must be one of, if not the youngest first team squad we have had in living memory.
    Real life Football Manager with a squad so young even Roland would question it.
  • Alot of young players in the squad with little past experience, older players who are pretty useless and no manager. What could go wrong! 
  • edited September 2023
    I'm intrigued to see the new signings in action, but my gut tells me we'll be nothing more than a mid-table outfit again. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Tedic is the backup plan and Ladapo and Etete are number 1 and 2 on the list, but are a lot harder to finalise. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced late tonight with a deal sheet submitted early but not confirmed til we know we don't have the other targets
  • IT_Andy said:
    Surprised by the continued policy of signing young players.

Did getting Ben Watson, Chris Gunter, Harry Arter work 🤔
    They had great careers but before they came to cafc.

We are on the young side now but hopefully this means legs that haven't gone !
  • IT_Andy said:
    Surprised by the continued policy of signing young players.
    To please are new sponsors, Pampers.
  • sam3110 said:
    I think Tedic is the backup plan and Ladapo and Etete are number 1 and 2 on the list, but are a lot harder to finalise. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced late tonight with a deal sheet submitted early but not confirmed til we know we don't have the other targets
    If u r right then this window could be salvageable - no proven striker incoming and we r pissing in the wind 
  • Lots of very young and inexperienced players coming in, we really need to sign an older player 

Darren Purse is 47 in February

Finally it makes sense 
  • What is the average age of the squad, anyone know out of interest and how does it compare to the rest of the league?
  • RedRobin said:
    Feeling underwhelmed
    I think we will have enough to stay up now  ;)
    Brave statement. It may come back to haunt you.
  • edited September 2023
    Problem being, if we appoint a new manager after the weekend, he will have two weeks to work with the squad, but some players away on international duty and some injured, plus the ones who are not match fit,  be interesting to see the first team he picks in the first game