Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Are these 2 x confirmed transfers today - really today or just stage managed PR for today?

Just curious really.
    Doesn't matter
    Charming!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Twitchy bum time. 
    There's ointment you can get for that.
  • edited September 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
    On the one hand I agree, but in the other we have May, Miles, Aneke, and Kanu, plus CBT, Campbell, and Campbell. Obviously one big problem with this squad is how they fit together, but I feel like we have a lot of attacking players. 
    Out of those only May, Kanu, Leaburn & Aneke are strikers. The last 2 aren't currently fit and if you are thinking of relying on Aneke to be a part of your matchday squad anytime soon then think again. 

At 3pm tomorrow we currently have just 2 fit strikers......still. 
    True, but if we want to play 4-3-3 I think two fit up front is fine given that after the international break Miles will probably be ready to be in the squad. We shouldn't sign a player for one game especially given that any player signed at this point can't play tomorrow anyway. 

Agree about Aneke, but he is still taking up space on the wage bill. 

A League One team having five out and out strikers who can pretty much only play striker must be incredibly rare. Especially given the other attacking talent we have. 

Yes, I hope we get another striker in that allows Kanu to go out in loan. But I also get that it's a lot of squad places and money on one position who we can play, at a max, two. 
  • Scoham said:
    Anyone know if there are any strikers available called Watson?
    Gordon

• edited September 2023
    I posted a few weeks ago that it’d be great if we signed a few players I’d actually heard of. 
    Then we signed May 👍. 
    It’s possible I’ve heard of Camara, I’m not sure. 
    If we signed Ladapo, then I really can’t complain. 
    Having said that, I hadn’t heard of Gallagher, Bielik or Cullen, although I had heard of, and remembered Lyle Taylor. 
    So once again with new signings, we just have to keep our fingers crossed, and hope they turn out well. Groundhog Day. 
    (Apologies for rambling).
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m just off to the cinema to see a couple of films, I’m hoping that by the time I get out, we’ve signed a team of Watsons!
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    Who was responsible for signing him in the first place and Kirk 
    Bowyer signed DJ. Adkins signed Kirk
    Did Bowyer sign DJ or did Martin Sandgaard?
    Doesn't strike me as a Bowyer type of player and he left for Birmingham a few weeks later.
  • So striker and CB needed before 11pm.
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    Doesn't strike me as a Bowyer type of player and he left for Birmingham a few weeks later.
    DJ joined in January 2021. Martin joined the scouting team in January 2022.
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Hmm, not quite what i meant. Pretty sure it wasn't them...
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    and I doubt Adkins had much say in Kirk's transfer as he was a target before he became manager 
  • edited September 2023
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
    On the one hand I agree, but in the other we have May, Miles, Aneke, and Kanu, plus CBT, Campbell, and Campbell. Obviously one big problem with this squad is how they fit together, but I feel like we have a lot of attacking players. 
    Out of those only May, Kanu, Leaburn & Aneke are strikers. The last 2 aren't currently fit and if you are thinking of relying on Aneke to be a part of your matchday squad anytime soon then think again. 

At 3pm tomorrow we currently have just 2 fit strikers......still. 
    True, but if we want to play 4-3-3 I think two fit up front is fine given that after the international break Miles will probably be ready to be in the squad. We shouldn't sign a player for one game especially given that any player signed at this point can't play tomorrow anyway. 

Agree about Aneke, but he is still taking up space on the wage bill. 

A League One team having five out and out strikers who can pretty much only play striker must be incredibly rare. Especially given the other attacking talent we have. 

Yes, I hope we get another striker in that allows Kanu to go out in loan. But I also get that it's a lot of squad places and money on one position who we can play, at a max, two. 
    Do we want to play 4-3-3? Has that come from somewhere 
  • CafcWest said:
    So striker and CB needed before 11pm.
    Apparently both essentially done deals, Tedic and Abankwah. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Tedic is a Stirker which is so disappointing as I was hoping we were after a central Striker 🙄
  • Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Hmm, not quite what i meant. Pretty sure it wasn't them...
    Well if it wasn't them it was Gallen but he's gone now anyway
  • sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Gallen because we panicked and Jon Fortune tipped them off about his release clause.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Gallen because we panicked and Jon Fortune tipped them off about his release clause.
    Thanks Jon!!
  • Sage said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.

No one likes a smart ass. Very good though thanks 
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.

• edited September 2023
    RedRobin said:
    Feeling underwhelmed
    I think we will have enough to stay up now  ;)
  • Not great is it