Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Sage said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.

Only 11 left? 
  • Perhaps we are trying to confuse the opposition by signing lots of players with the same name: 2 x Campbell, 2 x Watson, 2 x Taylor. 
  • fenaddick said:
    lovely stuff, don’t think Rich would put this out if there was a chance 
    Phew !!
  • Rumours saying Derby have made an attempt to sign Ladapo
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we got substantial money for CBT and reinvested it well today I’d be happy - he’s got something but personally I’m bored of seeing him absolutely murder a full back the whole game but somehow create virtually nothing 
    We do have a habit of finding a players’s weakness, exaggerating it, and deciding he’s surplus to requirements. 
    in an ideal world, i would sooner keep him as an option if nothing else but if we are skint and think we can replace him with something better that helps the team then i can understand it - pass it round the back and then 'give it to the winger and see what he can do' style over and over again has bored me to death   
    Sure, but CBT has been one of the only positives this season, and you can’t blame him for a managers tactics, or lack of them. We’re better with him on the pitch than not, in at least 80% of the games. And when he disappears slightly it’s because they’ve put two or three players on him to keep him quiet. 
    It’s your ‘if we are skint’ comment that worries me the most. If we are skint, then at least three or four more seasons in L1 awaits. 🙁
  • Sage said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.

I wonder who was in the XI they played against
  • So if that one’s done, we are 2 out, 2 in so far this week?

In

Watson - Right / left back
    Watson - midfielder 

Out 

Payne - midfielder
    Mitchell - Centre Half / utility
  • Sponsored links:

In

Watson - midfielder 

Out 

Payne - midfielder
    I'm expecting another 2 out and 2 in, the centre back and a striker in, Kirk and DJ out 
  • So whats left / plausible?

Striker in
    Centre back in 
    DJ out
    Kirk out

• JamesSeed said:
    .Bailey said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    Of course he does :(
    Chuks has very fit hands though, never the sniff of a finger strain when he signed that contact.
    Are you saying he was hiding an injury when he signed the contract? If not I don’t get what you mean, sorry. 
    I was being flippant James, he wouldn't have passed a medical if he was carrying an injury that has effectively kept him out or interrupted his last eighteen months. 
  • Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
  • Am I right in saying the Luton player will take us to 3 loans? So 2 remaining if we want to pick them all at the same time?
  • The penny has just dropped. Our new signing policy is getting surnames in pairs to save on printing costs, it's a genius move. Good thing there are plenty of Camara's and Jones' out there but unless Corey has a brother we might struggle to fill out 2 Blackett-Taylor's.
  • TeeC said:
    Am I right in saying the Luton player will take us to 3 loans? So 2 remaining if we want to pick them all at the same time?
    Correct
  • The penny has just dropped. Our new signing policy is getting surnames in pairs to save on printing costs, it's a genius move. Good thing there are plenty of Camara's and Jones' out there but unless Corey has a brother we might struggle to fill out 2 Blackett-Taylor's.
    We have a Taylor, now we just need a Blackett.
  • TeeC said:
    Am I right in saying the Luton player will take us to 3 loans? So 2 remaining if we want to pick them all at the same time?
    Hope it's only 1 more loan personally, think it's always good to have 1 spot in reserve for January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    Cheaper to pay off than Aneke at least
  • TeeC said:
    Yep. Camara, Campbell II and (apparently) now Watson II as well. 2 more if they are all in the same squad.
  • edited September 2023
    supaclive said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sambcafc said:
    I wonder how silly Reams feels now after spending the whole summer telling everyone how his mates have a big pot of cash to spend and that we are chasing much higher standard of player….

only to be in the exact same position we have been at the end of every other window for the last four years. Understocked and heavily reliant on youngsters and unproved loans. 

Some of the incomings have been good but the end to this window has been very very poor. 

Reams, you’ve been fed a line by your old pal Charlie and fallen for it hook, line and sinker. 

Regards! 
    Hasn't finished yet? 
    Yes but we didn't sign a new player every day!!!!!

I'm used to the pessimism on here, but some of the comments are truly unhinged. We're in League One, who exactly do you expect us to be signing? It's usually good League One players (May, Isted, Camara, Taylor), ideally one or two from the league above (Edun, maybe one more today), and then some promising youngsters (C Campbell, hopefully one or two more today).

We can talk about if this squad has the balance required, if we got the best players available for the money spent (namely on the frees), or if we are able to get the best out of players, but the way we've built the squad this summer is pretty solid. 
    "pretty solid" ?

Dabo              failed his medical twice and hasn't been signed
    Hector            has been poor and unfit
    Taylor (T)        has been poor and unfit but we hope he is the player that Burton fans raved about
    Edun               wasn't fit to start, but he looks half decent
    Jones               isn't fully fit but he looks like he may be better than we had
    Thomas (T)      hasn't been able to nail down a place
    Isted                don't think he's better than AMB and worse than Woolacott
    Camara            no doubting his quality at times, but he's unfit and now injured
    May                  has missed every one on one he's had this year but works very hard and scored a penalty and a tap in - and THANK GOD he's stayed fit as we've had no other senior striker
    Campbell          way too soon to tell

Let's see how the players we sign today turn out, but from the above - do you think that is a "pretty solid" squad build??
    Missed the tap in. Me that is, not him. 
    We have a Taylor, now we just need a Blackett.
    Tyler Blackett on loan then!
  • fenaddick said:
    TeeC said:
    Hope it's only 1 more loan personally, think it's always good to have 1 spot in reserve for January.
    Lets face it, what are the chances of all 5 loan players being fit and available to play at the same time...
  • Lewis Bate linked with Fleetwood.
  • Perhaps we are trying to confuse the opposition by signing lots of players with the same name: 2 x Campbell, 2 x Watson, 2 x Taylor. 
    So are we next going to sign Theresa or Brian May?
  • "AFC Wimbledon have completed the signing of Charlie..."

My hopes were raised for split second...then dashed when it said "AFC Wimbledon have completed the signing of Charlie Lakin"
  • Twitchy bum time. 

In

Watson - midfielder 

Out 

Payne - midfielder

Has the Luton Watson joined as I can't see the Thread for it ?
    Just got back on line after aeroplane mode and was hoping for the striker to be done as well.

The next 7 hours could be critical 😱