Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Sounds like the Harrogate striker Armstrong is signing for MK Dons.
  • edited September 2023
    looks like CBT trained today so can’t be anything imminent 
  • CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Is that Terry Taylor second from the left or is it the unconfirmed Watson?
  • is that the Luton lad second from the left?
  • edited September 2023
    fenaddick said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Is that Terry Taylor second from the left or is it the unconfirmed Watson?
    Looks like Taylor IMO

• Sponsored links:

• CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Both Watsons on the left ? I bet the club will be happy
  • It’s clearly Terry Taylor 😂
  • CBT may be in that photo, but Dobson isn't ;) 
  • I’m 95% sure the second from left is Terry Taylor… does not look like Louie Watson at all in my opinion.

• Yann897 said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Both Watsons on the left ? I bet the club will be happy
    Starting lineup for tmw?
  • starting 11 tomorrow?
  • Has Watson been sneaked in to Sparrows Lane in a washing basket by his Dad? It’s uncanny.

• Sponsored links:

• I mean, that's an entirely credible starting lineup, and Dobson is nowhere to be seen. Cue meltdown! 
  • Getting restless now need another name confirmed soon
  • edited September 2023
    Redhenry said:
    starting 11 tomorrow?
     We'll certainly try our best.
  • sam3110 said:
    Getting restless now need another name confirmed soon

I can confirm my name is Damien.
    Source?
  • Too attacking for a CAFC XI

• Scoham said:
    For anyone saying selling CBT would be a good thing how has losing our better players worked out for us in our history, and particularly over the last 10 years or so?

I’m not surprised he’s being linked with a Championship club. Even if he’s mainly a sub he’ll be a useful player at that level with his pace and ability to beat players on either side. He’s improved since he’s been here where he joined on a 6 month contract and wasn’t a regular for Tranmere in L2.

So many claim he has “no end product” but I see a player who consistently beats defenders using his pace, game in, game out. This season he has 2 assists in 5 league games. Last season he scored 8 in the league in 19 starts and 10 sub appearances. That’s a far better record than many wingers we’ve had who could go through games without beating a player more than once or twice, having a shot or getting a decent cross in.

The ultimate winger has both pace and great technical ability. He’s one of the extremes - his pace allows him to go past defenders with ease. He’s the opposite of say an Andy Reid who wasn’t quick but had the skill and intelligence to regularly create and score goals without needing many opportunities

An Andy Reid type appears to have more end product as it can come from far fewer chances. That one moment in a game when they find a bit of space to pick out the perfect cross, pass or shot.

CBT does it the other way, beat players multiple times a game, and as long as he keeps it up he’ll get his fair share of goals and assists over the course of a season. It includes a lot of mis hit crosses and shots ballooning over the bar but as long as he regularly beats the full back enough of those will lead to a goal. It’s both exciting and frustrating to watch but it’s also effective with the stats proving he has an end product.

If we sell him the money won’t benefit the squad this late in the window other than reducing the losses. We were mid table last season with an even better player in JRS on the other wing. 

If he goes we’ll lose our main attacking threat, where’s that going to lead us?

NabySarr said:
    Are we only signing players called Watson today? 
    .you can't sell your best players and improve, end of.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Hearing we are currently in negotiation with a  Striker from Basildon utd.

Only sticking point is whether we are willing to pay the ULEZ on his 09 Renault Megane?
    On this thread I've just found 861 unread messages in just 24 hours.

I mean, it would take me 24 hrs just to catch up reading them all. So I've just skipped 860 of them and gone to the latest post - and this is what' I've learned "Hearing we are currently in negotiation with a  Striker from Basildon utd. Only sticking point is whether we are willing to pay the ULEZ on his 09 Renault Megane?"

What other hot transfer rumours have I missed ....?

That's it. Shoot the messenger. I'm just passing on what I've been told.

For what's it's worth I'm now hearing we've been blown out of the water by Saffron Walden and their late offer of a Nandos reward card.
  • edited September 2023
    That pic *almost* works as an XI but it’s a central midfielder light… it has five defenders and three forwards.