Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• cabbles said:
    Croydon said:
    Genuinely time to have an investigation into our training methods. We're clearly doing something very wrong
    Glad it’s Mcfragile rather than any of our 1st team.
    Fire up the shit McGrandles nicknames list, we've got a live one!
    If only he’d have made a deadline day loan move to Mansfield, I’d have been in my element….
    Mensfield
  • Why is Patrick Bauer linked with Colchester on twitter?
    Have fans gotten confused given the Hockey Player who appeared as an Image prior to Zach joining them?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So only T.Watson can be expected to play tomorrow?

mendonca said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    He just can't transfer from rehab/gym to full training or match fitness can he?
    Genuinely believe he has some imbalances that he is not properly working through physio  correctly on. 
    Completely agree, but I can't see how nobody from his profession has acknowledged or discovered this, yet our CL Citizen Advice helpline has!
  • How happy you are with our transfer business likely comes down to how you see our club now.

For me despite how much of the last decade we have played in the third tier we are still playing a level below where we should be but I totally understand why some fans have got so used to the failure that being a mid table League One team with aspirations to maybe make the top six is acceptable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Why don’t we spend some money on Owen Moxen from Carlisle or Noah Chilvers for Colchester?

We always seem to go on the cheap every time! Have some ambition Charlton!
    Ambition & Charlton in the same sentence  :D Oh if only. 
  • Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
    WTF is AgilePM ???
  • I imagine Bates' wages would be a big issue
  • Chunes said:
    cabbles said:
    Croydon said:
    Genuinely time to have an investigation into our training methods. We're clearly doing something very wrong
    Glad it’s Mcfragile rather than any of our 1st team.
    Fire up the shit McGrandles nicknames list, we've got a live one!
    If only he’d have made a deadline day loan move to Mansfield, I’d have been in my element….
    Mensfield
    McMansfield, McFieldMill, 
    WTF is AgilePM ???
    Project Management course
  • fenaddick said:
    Didn't see that coming but a great move for him

they've just recalled Harry Beadle back from loan as well - clearly looking to bolster their defence - shame we can't get him back in exchange 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Would be a decent player if he could actually get the ball in the box 
    Go back to bed . It’s far too early for your wind ups . 
    That’s unfair, he actually talked sense there. 
  • supaclive said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sambcafc said:
    I wonder how silly Reams feels now after spending the whole summer telling everyone how his mates have a big pot of cash to spend and that we are chasing much higher standard of player….

only to be in the exact same position we have been at the end of every other window for the last four years. Understocked and heavily reliant on youngsters and unproved loans. 

Some of the incomings have been good but the end to this window has been very very poor. 

Reams, you’ve been fed a line by your old pal Charlie and fallen for it hook, line and sinker. 

Regards! 
    Hasn't finished yet? 
    Yes but we didn't sign a new player every day!!!!!

I'm used to the pessimism on here, but some of the comments are truly unhinged. We're in League One, who exactly do you expect us to be signing? It's usually good League One players (May, Isted, Camara, Taylor), ideally one or two from the league above (Edun, maybe one more today), and then some promising youngsters (C Campbell, hopefully one or two more today).

We can talk about if this squad has the balance required, if we got the best players available for the money spent (namely on the frees), or if we are able to get the best out of players, but the way we've built the squad this summer is pretty solid. 
    "pretty solid" ?

Dabo              failed his medical twice and hasn't been signed
    Hector            has been poor and unfit
    Taylor (T)        has been poor and unfit but we hope he is the player that Burton fans raved about
    Edun               wasn't fit to start, but he looks half decent
    Jones               isn't fully fit but he looks like he may be better than we had
    Thomas (T)      hasn't been able to nail down a place
    Isted                don't think he's better than AMB and worse than Woolacott
    Camara            no doubting his quality at times, but he's unfit and now injured
    May                  has missed every one on one he's had this year but works very hard and scored a penalty and a tap in - and THANK GOD he's stayed fit as we've had no other senior striker
    Campbell          way too soon to tell

Let's see how the players we sign today turn out, but from the above - do you think that is a "pretty solid" squad build??

Nail on head. Add to that the new lad Watson has not had a pre season so doubt will  be match fit either.
    WTF is AgilePM ???
    What does the ‘Agile’ bit mean ?

Sorry - I’m just intrigued 
    WTF is AgilePM ???
    What does the ‘Agile’ bit mean ?

Sorry - I’m just intrigued 

It's the methodology. Allows for a more flexible approach to project management with outcomes focus rather than meetings and paperwork for the sake of it which is my experience of Prince2 methodology.
  • Croydon said:
    Cawley:

Not had confirmation on this, but sounding like #cafc could be set to sign Udinese centre-back James Abankwah on loan. Republic of Ireland U21 international.
    Based purely off his appearances at senior level, this seems a very odd signing. 
    Same with the Louie Watson rumour. Neither have much experience to add to our already inexperienced squad. Yes the likes of Rak-Sakyi and Gallagher mean it's not always necessary but it all sounds like we're doing things on the cheap.
    Pretty clear we're doing things on the cheap. So far today, 2 kids on loan and an out of contract full back who was last at MK Dons, isn't exactly blowing the budget.

I'd be amazed if our wage bill isn't now lower than it was last year.

It's going to go one of 2 ways. Too many kids means we'll either completely fold in some games due to a lack of experience, or we'll take the league by storm with a young, exuberant, fearless side playing a progressive style of football.
    I know which one my money is on.