Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Remember everyone was getting hugely excited about Luc Ness back in January when he was getting MoMs
    Point being? (Said in a polite voice)
    Don’t get over excited on positive feedback of a 19yr old youngster (Abankwah) based on very limited game time
    Seems to be the way the transfer market works in the lower leagues now, PL academy players being sent all over the place for work experience 
  • Leuth said:
    fenaddick said:
    Didn't see that coming but a great move for him

Someone literally predicted this yesterday, saying their other loan CB did his ankle 

I had absolutely no inside info , was purely a hunch that Garner would come back for Zach or Deji because he knew them. 
  • Leuth said:
    fenaddick said:

Someone literally predicted this yesterday, saying their other loan CB did his ankle 
    I think they said Deji but basically yes.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Leuth said:
    fenaddick said:

I had absolutely no inside info , was purely a hunch that Garner would come back for Zach or Deji because he knew them. 
    Certainly the way he operates, doesn’t like change that man! 
  • Zach Mitchell joins Colchester United on loan
  • meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    Sure as night follows day. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Of course he does :(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Leuth said:
    fenaddick said:

I don't think he rated Deji all that highly. Immediately sent him out on loan. Not sure he fits Garner's style as he's not great on the ball
  • supaclive said:
    No idea but Bielik was only a year older when we got him in, so could be a good one. Time will tell 
  • Leuth said:
    Sure are a lot of reliable sources out there 
    Indeed. I feel at times the only person who doesn’t know what’s going on!

Woke up this morning feeling very negative if I’m honest. The whole thing has been a shambles so far in my eyes. 

As said, what player worth their salt will sign with a long term view to a club with no manager, not knowing if the next manager rates them or wants to play a style that suits them?. So we effectively wrote off this week when we desperately needed to be putting proper foundations in for the next 18 months. 

It’s abundantly clear as well with so little business done since the takeover and with us scrabbling round for scraps on the last day with everyone else that there was no intention or financial ability of this group to come in and have a genuine push for promotion this year. 
    You’re right of course but when we’re only fishing in the ponds of free transfers, the unemployed and inexperienced kids on-loan then they may well be less discerning on where they sign up to for the next 9-months…
  • Leuth said:
    fenaddick said:

How desperate must clubs be, to come to Charlton, to request a loan for a under 21s team player. Gotta feel for their fans, if we think we're having a bad window. 
  • Zach going clears room for new CB on loan. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Of course he does :(
    Chuks has very fit hands though, never the sniff of a finger strain when he signed that contact.
  • Croydon said:
    Genuinely time to have an investigation into our training methods. We're clearly doing something very wrong
    Glad it’s Mcfragile rather than any of our 1st team.
    Fire up the shit McGrandles nicknames list, we've got a live one!
    If only he’d have made a deadline day loan move to Mansfield, I’d have been in my element….
  • meldrew66 said:
    He just can't transfer from rehab/gym to full training or match fitness can he?
  • You'd think it would make sense to send Deji out on loan to a league 2 club too. Would still have Hector, Ness, Jones & Thomas + hopefully an addition.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Leuth said:
    Sure are a lot of reliable sources out there 
    Indeed. I feel at times the only person who doesn’t know what’s going on!

Woke up this morning feeling very negative if I’m honest. The whole thing has been a shambles so far in my eyes. 

As said, what player worth their salt will sign with a long term view to a club with no manager, not knowing if the next manager rates them or wants to play a style that suits them?. So we effectively wrote off this week when we desperately needed to be putting proper foundations in for the next 18 months. 

It’s abundantly clear as well with so little business done since the takeover and with us scrabbling round for scraps on the last day with everyone else that there was no intention or financial ability of this group to come in and have a genuine push for promotion this year. 
    You’re right of course but when we’re only fishing in the ponds of free transfers, the unemployed and inexperienced kids on-loan then they may well be less discerning on where they sign up to for the next 9-months…
    We signed Taylor, Edun, and May for fees this off season. I would guess 2-3 League One clubs will pay fees today. We're playing in that pool because we're in League One. 
  • Sponsored links:

• You'd think it would make sense to send Deji out on loan to a league 2 club too. Would still have Hector, Ness, Jones & Thomas + hopefully an addition.
    Probably be best to have three CBs as backup, especially if we keep playing with three at the back.
  • So only T.Watson can be expected to play tomorrow?

mendonca said:
    meldrew66 said:
    He just can't transfer from rehab/gym to full training or match fitness can he?
    Genuinely believe he has some imbalances that he is not properly working through physio  correctly on. 
    this is where the manager issue comes in, if we played 4 at the back then you’re right but if we’re playing 3 then Deji will be needed for cover and probably for EFL trophy games 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So only T.Watson can be expected to play tomorrow?
    Unless we've signed others, and havent announced them.

Louie Watson could be one of those.
  • JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we got substantial money for CBT and reinvested it well today I’d be happy - he’s got something but personally I’m bored of seeing him absolutely murder a full back the whole game but somehow create virtually nothing 
    We do have a habit of finding a players’s weakness, exaggerating it, and deciding he’s surplus to requirements. 
    in an ideal world, i would sooner keep him as an option if nothing else but if we are skint and think we can replace him with something better that helps the team then i can understand it - pass it round the back and then 'give it to the winger and see what he can do' style over and over again has bored me to death   
    Probably be best to have three CBs as backup, especially if we keep playing with three at the back.
    How far away is Bakrin from being in and around the mix? 
  • sam3110 said:
    You'd think it would make sense to send Deji out on loan to a league 2 club too. Would still have Hector, Ness, Jones & Thomas + hopefully an addition.
    How far away is Bakrin from being in and around the mix? 
    Forgot about him... Probably a good way if Mitchell has jumped him in the pecking order, I say that because Bakrin didnt go to Spain