Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Ladapo is a funny one. In his 30s now and was knocking around not even top level non-league till 5 years ago. Something just seemed to kick in when at Plymouth 4 years ago as his returns have been good since.

Why are Ipswich wanting to release someone with a decent goal return? Would have thought even if not first choice he seems a perfect bench / replacement 
    Ipswich are aiming towards the top end of the championship. Ladapo is great but I don’t think he’s that level
  • Ipswich mate just text me, he reckons Ladapo is coming to us.
    Still think its on the basis of IF Ipswich get more cover... i.e. Gelhardt
  • Yann897 said:
    Interesting from Kirk’s Mrs.
    No one wants to pay Kirk decent wages by the sounds of things.
    I suspect a lot of it is that the people who really, really don't want to pay Kirk a decent wage are the ones who committed to do so a couple of years ago. Must be pretty horrible for a player regardless of performance if your employer is trying to force you not only to uproot yourself to go somewhere you might not want to but also for less money than you're legally required to get if you sit still. Add to that your bosses briefing in the news that you're unwanted, offering you to clubs and then putting pressure on you to bugger off to Fleetwood or wherever, and if you could leave 3 grand a week on the table to do it that would be great, thanks! Otherwise you're not allowed to be picked for the squad and you can just turn up to training and then go home every week. On top of that, there's probably plenty of the worst type of fans sending you a load of abuse online telling you to get out of 'their' club, people on message boards calling you Shirk and other shit nasty nicknames and telling anyone who'll listen that you're 'dogshit'. Toxic barely even covers it
    Really good post actually 
  • Unless we have a very big day today, this lot are done after just a few weeks of being owners.
    Ridiculous blimey we are giving people just 3 weeks now even that ridiculous even for some Charlton fans … ask a question what do you expect them to archive in 3 weeks that owners in the last 8/10 years have failed 
    I’d have thought those involved in the museum would do the archiving rather than the owners.
  • Unless we have a very big day today, this lot are done after just a few weeks of being owners.
    Ridiculous blimey we are giving people just 3 weeks now even that ridiculous even for some Charlton fans … ask a question what do you expect them to archive in 3 weeks that owners in the last 8/10 years have failed 
    They'll certainly make their lives harder to get fans in the stands on this Window - But should be given more time, before proper judgement gets past.

Too many people understandably have PTSD from the last decade of back ownership.

Thats exactly it - the cumulative effect of shit owners has shortened our fuses.

CM pretended to show empathy on the radio interview I heard, but within a few weeks, he has reverted to type [arrogant, up his own jaxxi type].

I also think that any player will be sold if it means this lot can get costs/losses reduced. If results improve, then fans will get back on side, but that seems less likely given their actions so far.

• Leuth said:
    Sure are a lot of reliable sources out there 
    Indeed. I feel at times the only person who doesn’t know what’s going on!

Woke up this morning feeling very negative if I’m honest. The whole thing has been a shambles so far in my eyes. 

As said, what player worth their salt will sign with a long term view to a club with no manager, not knowing if the next manager rates them or wants to play a style that suits them?. So we effectively wrote off this week when we desperately needed to be putting proper foundations in for the next 18 months. 
    One that doesn’t care if he plays or sits on the bench? Welcome back to Charlton Lyle Taylor!

PS Agree with your sentiments in the post. I tend to be quite optimistic normally, but I’m beginning to get that sinking feeling again. Something about SE7 Partnership (or whatever they’re called) doesn’t add up. 
  • My mate who supports - insert name - says - insert name - is joining us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    I suspect a lot of it is that the people who really, really don't want to pay Kirk a decent wage are the ones who committed to do so a couple of years ago. Must be pretty horrible for a player regardless of performance if your employer is trying to force you not only to uproot yourself to go somewhere you might not want to but also for less money than you're legally required to get if you sit still. Add to that your bosses briefing in the news that you're unwanted, offering you to clubs and then putting pressure on you to bugger off to Fleetwood or wherever, and if you could leave 3 grand a week on the table to do it that would be great, thanks! Otherwise you're not allowed to be picked for the squad and you can just turn up to training and then go home every week. On top of that, there's probably plenty of the worst type of fans sending you a load of abuse online telling you to get out of 'their' club, people on message boards calling you Shirk and other shit nasty nicknames and telling anyone who'll listen that you're 'dogshit'. Toxic barely even covers it
    I get your point entirely, but kirk has barely been any use his entire time at CAFC and that warrants him a sidestep to another club? Fucked around, and now he's about to find out.
    Well, I think we might be the ones about to find out to be honest, not him. I think Kirk does try, he's just at a really difficult point in his career and nothing is coming off for him. Nothing in terms of his performance warrants a sidestep to another club maybe, but equally nothing warrants him giving up the two years of guaranteed high level pay that he and the club mutually agreed to either. Kirk is obviously low on confidence and has been since his move here, I wonder how confident he would feel of getting anywhere near the money he's on again in the future. In many ways he'd be daft to let it go.

If I could like this twice , I would. It feels like a confidence thing with Kirk and I don't know if a move necessarily fixes it. After what happened to him personally just before he signed I'm not surprised he's struggled to replicate his Crewe form. 
  • Another Ipswich player I wouldn't mind is George Edmundson. They are willing to let him go by the sounds of things. 

We have said we need a centre back and he's a very decent one at this level, tall, strong, good in the air and can pass fairly decent. 

I'd be all over that if I was the recruitment team 
    What a waste of 1.2 mill that was 
  • NabySarr said:
    Nixon saying Cosgrove rejected us earlier this week 
    The sources in Nixon’s head no doubt gave him this information. 
  • the new RB, the Luton Midfielder, get Ladapo and keep CBT and I think that's a bloody solid window all round 

gonna be a long day....
    Dont forget the Udinese kid as well at Centre-Back

Another youngster which isnt ideal, but must have something about him to have moved from Ireland to Italy at a young age.
  • the new RB, the Luton Midfielder, get Ladapo and keep CBT and I think that's a bloody solid window all round 

gonna be a long day....
    All of that and a CB then I think we could salvage our season if we get the manager appointment right 
  • My mate who supports - insert name - says - insert name - is joining us?
    It is a rumours thread, I'm not claiming to be ITK.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    the new RB, the Luton Midfielder, get Ladapo and keep CBT and I think that's a bloody solid window all round 

gonna be a long day....
    Add in a CB (Amankwah?) and Ronnie will have been proven right, he always said we’d sign 4 or 5 at the end of the window.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Yann897 said:
    I get your point entirely, but kirk has barely been any use his entire time at CAFC and that warrants him a sidestep to another club? Fucked around, and now he's about to find out.
    Well, I think we might be the ones about to find out to be honest, not him. I think Kirk does try, he's just at a really difficult point in his career and nothing is coming off for him. Nothing in terms of his performance warrants a sidestep to another club maybe, but equally nothing warrants him giving up the two years of guaranteed high level pay that he and the club mutually agreed to either. Kirk is obviously low on confidence and has been since his move here, I wonder how confident he would feel of getting anywhere near the money he's on again in the future. In many ways he'd be daft to let it go.

If I could like this twice , I would. It feels like a confidence thing with Kirk and I don't know if a move necessarily fixes it. After what happened to him personally just before he signed I'm not surprised he's struggled to replicate his Crewe form. 
    Strikes me that he hasn't struggled very much.
  • Ipswich mate just text me, he reckons Ladapo is coming to us.

Are you sure you could hear him properly over the loud rumble of his tractor in the background?
    That and the noise of trains at our end 
  • Another Ipswich player I wouldn't mind is George Edmundson. They are willing to let him go by the sounds of things. 

We have said we need a centre back and he's a very decent one at this level, tall, strong, good in the air and can pass fairly decent. 

I'd be all over that if I was the recruitment team 
    Edmundson was the wanker who, when they went 4-2 up last season, instead of celebrating with his teammates, immediately turned round to the Covered End (with Christian Walton) and started gesturing and giving it some.

For that reason alone I don't like him, but you can't deny, he's a good footballer.
  • edited September 2023
    Ladapo is a funny one. In his 30s now and was knocking around not even top level non-league till 5 years ago. Something just seemed to kick in when at Plymouth 4 years ago as his returns have been good since.

Why are Ipswich wanting to release someone with a decent goal return? Would have thought even if not first choice he seems a perfect bench / replacement 
    I'm guessing it's as simple as they thought he was a good L1 striker but not good enough for the Championship.  Bit like when we loaned out Hollands, BWP etc the season after we went up.