Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Any money from a potential sale of CBT is likely not going to 'open the purse strings.' Methven has said that he wants to reduce our losses by 6-7 million per year through player trading. In all likelihood, that's where the money goes.
    I think that quote was talking about once we get to the championship we can reduce our losses. A little bit more realistic, Methven knows in league 1 we will lose lots
  • If Corey goes I'll genuinely be fkn livid. That would be taking the absolute biscuit. 

Pigs on pitch immediately 
    If CBT goes in this window given the current state of the squad that's me finished. Going to the Fleetwood game but that will be me done for as long as this mob are in charge. 
    Ridiculous comment .. they have been in the chair 2/3 weeks trying to sort a club out that basically been on its knees for last 8/10 years plus bringing in players in .. we stability we need the owners to have time and the new manager needs two more windows to get a squad that can hold its hands in the championship , taken Ipswich the same  time to get where they are today so why do people think we should be able to do in 3 week’s ridiculous?? We need better players then CBT there a reason he in league one when you watch him to can quickly see why .. 
    Bloody hell, can you count? For the last 3 weeks you've been saying new owners have only been here 2 weeks! Even by your OWN posts they must have been here at least 6 weeks then! Please stop making shit up!
    As for your opinion on CBT....total tosh. Best attacking option we have, hence other sides double and treble up on him, which, then creates space for other players!
    Do you understand football! FFS  give it a rest, please!
    I think you have to take Bexlyboy, ronnie moore, coline with a pinch of his salt, year on year he states the a same things over and over again. Three seasons or so ago he stated we dont need a striker to get out of the division we just need to keep 40 odd clean sheets. I did ask him to name one team to ever go a whole season without conceding and he did not reply. He wont give it a rest he genuinely believes what he write even if it contradicts what he has written the hour before. He may have a point saying we need better then CBT but he misses the point in that we have not got any better player nor are likely to. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Louie Watson is a good player so pleased with that. Got a feeling Fraser is out for a while. 
    Would love Ladapo but he won’t come here without a manager.
    Really hope we don’t sell CBT. While at his end product can be poor, he’s one of the most exciting players in the league.
    Watson’s played so few games how do you know he’s a good player? Kilkenny played a few games for Bournemouth but it didn’t make him good enough for us.
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Any money from a potential sale of CBT is likely not going to 'open the purse strings.' Methven has said that he wants to reduce our losses by 6-7 million per year through player trading. In all likelihood, that's where the money goes.
    I think that quote was talking about once we get to the championship we can reduce our losses. A little bit more realistic, Methven knows in league 1 we will lose lots
    Does he ? 
  • Welcome Tennai! Fancy a go up front? 
  • If Corey goes I'll genuinely be fkn livid. That would be taking the absolute biscuit. 

Pigs on pitch immediately 
    If CBT goes in this window given the current state of the squad that's me finished. Going to the Fleetwood game but that will be me done for as long as this mob are in charge. 
    Ridiculous comment .. they have been in the chair 2/3 weeks trying to sort a club out that basically been on its knees for last 8/10 years plus bringing in players in .. we stability we need the owners to have time and the new manager needs two more windows to get a squad that can hold its hands in the championship , taken Ipswich the same  time to get where they are today so why do people think we should be able to do in 3 week’s ridiculous?? We need better players then CBT there a reason he in league one when you watch him to can quickly see why .. 
    Bloody hell, can you count? For the last 3 weeks you've been saying new owners have only been here 2 weeks! Even by your OWN posts they must have been here at least 6 weeks then! Please stop making shit up!
    As for your opinion on CBT....total tosh. Best attacking option we have, hence other sides double and treble up on him, which, then creates space for other players!
    Do you understand football! FFS  give it a rest, please!
    There have been countless examples of players who we thought were not good enough or at least failing when in the first team. They move on then suddenly everyone is shocked that they are playing at a higher level, it is down to the quality of team they are in, playing with better players and in a better team makes you a better player. 
  • One down, 6 deals to go by my count, 3 in 3 out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott confirming in that interview that our 3 FBs going into the season are Edun, Watson and Asimmwe. Got thing we're a club that never has injury crises 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Didnt realise he could play both Right-Back and Left-Back

Nice option to have
  • Welcome Tennai.

How much was the transfer fee🤔
  • Chunes said:
    But you can’t keep trading down. Eventually you’ll be left with players with minimal or no real value. 
  • All those saying CBT isn't any good and we should sell for £1.5m.

Ask yourself why another team in a higher division are, supposedly, willing to pay all that money for him?

It's depressing when some fans immediately trot out the party line fed indirectly by Methvan that "this is good business","everything is ok", "it's all part of a three window plan" when it's plain to see that plan is already collapsing.

What plan?

Did we miss that grand announcement ?
  • edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't buy it. Not while he's leaking out "FFP is stopping us signing players" to his fan mouthpieces. 
  • I suppose even the Shamocracy have figured out it’s best to announce incomings before any significant outgoings.
    The most significant thing will be if there is any news about DJ, Kirk and McGrandles.
    The most shocking thing will be if CBT or Dobson leave ‘the building’.
  • We are not gonna sell CBT
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Interesting from Kirk’s Mrs.
    Bloody hell,  I’ve seen people do some stalking but this is on another level 🤣 

Brings me back the old days of someone messaging Andy Delort’s dad and reporting back on here.
  • Kirk is probably getting dogs abuse on social media.
  • Sage said:
    Don’t particularly know much about Louie Watson but would have preferred Lewis Bate, played more, left footed, good quality.

Really hope we go all out and get Ladapo. Being close to his brother might be an advantage for us.
    They're not brothers, just have the same surname. 
    The Watson Brothers, The Campbell Brothers & The Ladapo Brothers...
    Hulk Hogan Brother GIF - Hulk Hogan Brother - Discover  Share GIFs
    With the way our club is being run at the moment, stand by for the Chuckle brothers to turn up as well.
  • @DubaiCAFC out of interest, can I ask how your source gives you info?

Did he say to you "there's a striker that trained with us today".

Or did he say "[striker's name] trained with us today"

Assumedly if the source said version 1, you would have asked who.

I'm perfectly willing to believe this info is true as we will surely be signing a striker today. I'm just interested how the info is spread - is it in a precise way, deliberately ambiguous way..? I can't understand how there has been so many red herrings recently with ITK tip offs. For example, Nombe, a striker signing the past 2 weekends, how a manager had already been chosen.

Not an attack on you or Reams, genuinely curious.
  • Let's just see how today ends up.

The new SMT/CM are already viewed as useless by a lot of fans, so in a few more weeks, when a new manager is in and it all settles down, we will have something to shout about.

Frankly I am bored with it all.