Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Lapado has been our number 1 target all summer, would like to think if there is a chance, we would go all out to get him. 
    Sounds fair but the issue is could be our boundary that defines to "go all out".
  • Leuth said:
    Well I’ll be straight back down the club shop if it does happen 🙄

I don't see what the problem is ?

Just get a red marker pen and leave T.Taylor.
    Cross out the 3, draw a white 1 before the 2, job done 
    That said, he'd only need to be T. Taylor if we sign another Taylor. Luckily I can't think of one who's available 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Lapado has been our number 1 target all summer, would like to think if there is a chance, we would go all out to get him. 
    If we get him I don't mind selling CBT
  • lawhite said:
    I can really see us being the Chelsea of league one … selling ALL our academy products for peanuts in the next 12 months … for these new owners to balance the books … 

goodbye Tyreece Campbell
    goodbye Miles Leaburn
    goodbye Karoy Anderson
    goodbye Nathan Asiimwe 
    goodbye Daniel Kanu

I think this is the plan all along.
  • CafcWest said:
    So is Freddie Ladapo related to our U21 Tolu Ladapo?
    Im sure i read they are brothers ?!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    18 appearances in 3 years . 12 for Derby and 5 for Luton. No Goals . Great

I read the post and then a game of guess the poster. My guess was golfie 😂
  • CafcWest said:
    So is Freddie Ladapo related to our U21 Tolu Ladapo?
    Brothers
    Well you'd hope that might help swing it...working alongside his little brother...
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    With regards to CBT, it depends on how the next manager wants us to shape up. If we use wingbacks I’m not against the sale as long as it’s reinvested, which I don’t think it will be.
    So demoralising. One of the only joys of the last year has been watching him skating past his full back. And any team that only uses 3 at the back and wing backs in L1 is nuts, or has enough money to buy at least three seriously good wing backs. 
  • I wonder if players see our immediate league position and just think, Nah im alright. How do you sell to them the ambition is promotion with 4 losses already. Hard sell surely?
  • Forgive my ignorance, but are wing backs expected to score goals? If so Tennai hasn’t.
    Anyone? 
  • Forgive my ignorance, but are wing backs expected to score goals? If so Tennai hasn’t.
    Anyone? 
    Assists. 
  • LTKapal said:
    I wonder if players see our immediate league position and just think, Nah im alright. How do you sell to them the ambition is promotion with 4 losses already. Hard sell surely?
    Because they are pros and understand that there are 40 games left and the league position on 1st September doesn't mean much
    Anyone? 
    Not really, you would probably want assists but in all honesty it depends on how the rest of the team is set up. Some wing backs are more defensive and some are more attacking. Taking a guess based on MK having Leko I think Watson was playing more defensively in that team
  • All those saying CBT isn't any good and we should sell for £1.5m.

Ask yourself why another team in a higher division are, supposedly, willing to pay all that money for him?

It's depressing when some fans immediately trot out the party line fed indirectly by Methvan that "this is good business","everything is ok", "it's all part of a three window plan" when it's plain to see that plan is already collapsing.

It praps might have been good business for £1.5-2m at the start of the window to fund other fundamental signings. 

Selling one of our only effective attacking outlets (being generous to May at the moment) on deadline day with very little on the horizon is certifiable. He’s been the only real excitement in some pretty turgid football at the moment. 
  • Scoham said:
    For anyone saying selling CBT would be a good thing how has losing our better players worked out for us in our history, and particularly over the last 10 years or so?

I’m not surprised he’s being linked with a Championship club. Even if he’s mainly a sub he’ll be a useful player at that level with his pace and ability to beat players on either side. He’s improved since he’s been here where he joined on a 6 month contract and wasn’t a regular for Tranmere in L2.

So many claim he has “no end product” but I see a player who consistently beats defenders using his pace, game in, game out. This season he has 2 assists in 5 league games. Last season he scored 8 in the league in 19 starts and 10 sub appearances. That’s a far better record than many wingers we’ve had who could go through games without beating a player more than once or twice, having a shot or getting a decent cross in.

The ultimate winger has both pace and great technical ability. He’s one of the extremes - his pace allows him to go past defenders with ease. He’s the opposite of say an Andy Reid who wasn’t quick but had the skill and intelligence to regularly create and score goals without needing many opportunities

An Andy Reid type appears to have more end product as it can come from far fewer chances. That one moment in a game when they find a bit of space to pick out the perfect cross, pass or shot.

CBT does it the other way, beat players multiple times a game, and as long as he keeps it up he’ll get his fair share of goals and assists over the course of a season. It includes a lot of mis hit crosses and shots ballooning over the bar but as long as he regularly beats the full back enough of those will lead to a goal. It’s both exciting and frustrating to watch but it’s also effective with the stats proving he has an end product.

If we sell him the money won’t benefit the squad this late in the window other than reducing the losses. We were mid table last season with an even better player in JRS on the other wing. 

If he goes we’ll lose our main attacking threat, where’s that going to lead us?
    Give that man a promote!!
  • Sponsored links:

• LTKapal said:
    I wonder if players see our immediate league position and just think, Nah im alright. How do you sell to them the ambition is promotion with 4 losses already. Hard sell surely?
    Because they are pros and understand that there are 40 games left and the league position on 1st September doesn't mean much
    Although I agree I was thinking would that mixed with the lack of manager not be  warning flag, thats all.
  • LTKapal said:
    To be honest, at this level, I think it’s mainly about money (there will be some exceptions where family ties trump cash). Even in such a lowly position, if we offer them more than a team ten places above us they’ll take the better deal. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Not exactly a kid - 22 now. And played 9 times on the way to promotion from the champ last year. Feels like a good squad depth option.
    9 whole appearances. Wow
  • If Corey goes I'll genuinely be fkn livid. That would be taking the absolute biscuit. 

Pigs on pitch immediately 
    If CBT goes in this window given the current state of the squad that's me finished. Going to the Fleetwood game but that will be me done for as long as this mob are in charge. 
    Ridiculous comment .. they have been in the chair 2/3 weeks trying to sort a club out that basically been on its knees for last 8/10 years plus bringing in players in .. we stability we need the owners to have time and the new manager needs two more windows to get a squad that can hold its hands in the championship , taken Ipswich the same  time to get where they are today so why do people think we should be able to do in 3 week’s ridiculous?? We need better players then CBT there a reason he in league one when you watch him to can quickly see why .. 

ValleyBen said:
    Reasonable chance both Morgan and Clare will end up playing for teams who finish higher then us, I fully supported letting them both leave as I really thought we would significantly strengthen in their positions. 

I know weve been told to not pile in on you, but you talk so much bollox its unreal.
  • If CBT does go it will further make me think that Andy Scott wants 3 5 2 and CBT does not fit that at all. In that way it makes sense but only if more players come in to make the group better.

This. I don't want B-T to leave but sadly he is just not suited to a 3 5 2 formation.
    Then dont play 3 5 2
    It was a clear 3 5 2 on Saturday. Just watch a replay on charlton TV if you don't believe me 

BT was playing in a wing back role and defensively, he was all over the shop.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Sure he has. We won't get him and they'll peddle some shit about trying hard but in reality we won't have offered anywhere near the asking price, just like Nombe.
  • Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sure he has. We won't get him and they'll peddle some shit about trying hard but in reality we won't have offered anywhere near the asking price, just like Nombe.
    Be impossible to sign him on a Perm basis, he'll be another loan.

Hence why he'll only sign if Ipswich get the Leeds lad on loan.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Strange one for Ipswich, Scarlett scored 4 in 34 in league one last season so not exactly sure what they saw that makes them think he'd be an asset in the championship. I don't even think we'd be overly happy if we signed Scarlett.

If i was them i'd rather keep Ladapo.
    I think they’ve signed Scarlett O’Hara by mistake, fans won’t be happy:(