Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• If Corey goes I'll genuinely be fkn livid. That would be taking the absolute biscuit. 

Pigs on pitch immediately 
    If CBT goes in this window given the current state of the squad that's me finished. Going to the Fleetwood game but that will be me done for as long as this mob are in charge. 
    Ridiculous comment .. they have been in the chair 2/3 weeks trying to sort a club out that basically been on its knees for last 8/10 years plus bringing in players in .. we stability we need the owners to have time and the new manager needs two more windows to get a squad that can hold its hands in the championship , taken Ipswich the same  time to get where they are today so why do people think we should be able to do in 3 week’s ridiculous?? We need better players then CBT there a reason he in league one when you watch him to can quickly see why .. 
    You always told us that RD was sorting the mess out. Likewise TS.

Are you now saying you got that wrong?
  • It’s not Corey’s fault obviously but it does seem as if the team was set up in recent weeks to just give him the ball and pray something happens. That’s not a sustainable way to get results, as we’ve seen.

Instead, we need to be playing as a team and creating chances through attacking patterns of play. Much more likely to be able to sustain a run of positive results when you’re not reliant on an inconsistent wing player.

I don’t want to lose Corey by any means but at the same time it would be interesting to see how the team adapts as soon as that option to “give it to Corey” is taken away.
    I don't mind tbh
  • Forgive my ignorance, but are wing backs expected to score goals? If so Tennai hasn’t.
  • PWADDICK said:
    With regards to CBT, it depends on how the next manager wants us to shape up. If we use wingbacks I’m not against the sale as long as it’s reinvested, which I don’t think it will be.
    We’d have to get a new left wing back in today though. At the moment it is just Edun and CBT 
  • PWADDICK said:
    With regards to CBT, it depends on how the next manager wants us to shape up. If we use wingbacks I’m not against the sale as long as it’s reinvested, which I don’t think it will be.
    Honestly I’d love to see 442, it’s the dinosaur formation but it would suit us, plenty of width and two forwards, we’d be exposed at the back but when aren’t we anyway!  
  • I’m not advocating for Tennai Watson I know little or nothing about the lad but a couple of things worth pointing out.  

He rejected a contract at MK Dons he didn’t get released and secondly MK Dons fans on Twitter are gutted.  
    MK Dons are in league two - just a reminder.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Honestly I’d love to see 442, it’s the dinosaur formation but it would suit us, plenty of width and two forwards, we’d be exposed at the back but when aren’t we anyway!  
    Short term yes, but long term we have Dobson, Camara and Fraser which is one of the only good things about this squad. Would not make sense to play a way that doesn’t get them all in. 3-5-2 makes sense as we get those 3 and May and Leaburn all in the team 
  • edited September 2023
    mendonca said:
    I’m not advocating for Tennai Watson I know little or nothing about the lad but a couple of things worth pointing out.  

He rejected a contract at MK Dons he didn’t get released and secondly MK Dons fans on Twitter are gutted.  
    Yes he rejected league two, he’s played his football in league one pretty much exclusively.  
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Short term yes, but long term we have Dobson, Camara and Fraser which is one of the only good things about this squad. Would not make sense to play a way that doesn’t get them all in. 3-5-2 makes sense as we get those 3 and May and Leaburn all in the team 
    I’ll be honest I completely disagree, I think our wingers are our strength, our centre midfield is weak and poor in possession, I made this point in another thread that we seem to get bossed by most teams in this league in the middle, not including Camara in this btw he might be the real deal.  
  • What does our manager say about keeping or selling CBT?
    Oh hang on, there is no manager to object to losing him.
    Quelle surprise Rodney.
  • If Corey goes I'll genuinely be fkn livid. That would be taking the absolute biscuit. 

Pigs on pitch immediately 
    If CBT goes in this window given the current state of the squad that's me finished. Going to the Fleetwood game but that will be me done for as long as this mob are in charge. 
    Ridiculous comment .. they have been in the chair 2/3 weeks trying to sort a club out that basically been on its knees for last 8/10 years plus bringing in players in .. we stability we need the owners to have time and the new manager needs two more windows to get a squad that can hold its hands in the championship , taken Ipswich the same  time to get where they are today so why do people think we should be able to do in 3 week’s ridiculous?? We need better players then CBT there a reason he in league one when you watch him to can quickly see why .. 
    They've had 6 weeks not 3 and one way to build stability is to NOT sack your manager 5 days before the end of the transfer window when you clearly don't have a replacement lined up. 

Oh.....and to spend a bit of money on players and build a competitive squad. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Icing on the cake .  Let’s let Dobbo and Leaburn go too and make it the best window ever 
    I’m hearing from a reliable source that Dobson has been told by Andy Scott that he won’t be offered a new contract when this one ends. They feel he doesn’t do enough for the team defensively apparently. Very concerning if true as I think he’s probably one of the first names on the team sheet for many of us. No doubt his eventual departure will suggest that he wanted a move and that we wanted him to stay. The opposite is true. George bloody loves playing for Charlton. Christ, he’s about the only player playing creative forward passes to the wingers. He connects brilliantly with the fans. I’ll never forget the way he applauded us for so long at Old Trafford and was easily the last player to leave the pitch. He’s not the best player we have ever had but he’s certainly making us better than we would be without him.

I think it’s fair to say that there have been zero positives whatsoever for our beloved club since the new owners took charge. Crap results, decent human being seemingly ostracised and disposed of hastily, low level alternatives being sought evidencing low ambition, prospective managers no longer seeing CAFC as a good career decision, terrible transfer window, no fan engagement so far, no sense of direction…………….
    Getting him to leave whilst they can still get a fee for him.

• Andy Scott be like 

Dollar Dollar Bills GIFs  Tenor
  • If CBT does go it will further make me think that Andy Scott wants 3 5 2 and CBT does not fit that at all. In that way it makes sense but only if more players come in to make the group better.

• edited September 2023
    mendonca said:
    I’m not advocating for Tennai Watson I know little or nothing about the lad but a couple of things worth pointing out.  

You say that but in 21/22 they missed out on championship footie by just one point, they also then went down by one point the following season. Fine margins

Would this be a viable singing had we got him if they went up or stayed in this division? I'll always take with a pinch of salt what other clubs fans say about a player, look at Gilbey for instance, they made out he was a championship player. That said MK Dons do have a knack for getting decent players in their squad and I imagine MK Dons fans can spot a decent player. 

He has to be an upgrade on the inexperienced Asiimwe, not to throw Nath under the bus but he can't keep playing every game. 

Bit of optimism about this signing for me 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Sure are a lot of reliable sources out there 

I think im the only one who doesnt have a reliable source :( 
  • NabySarr said:
    PWADDICK said:
    I’ll be honest I completely disagree, I think our wingers are our strength, our centre midfield is weak and poor in possession, I made this point in another thread that we seem to get bossed by most teams in this league in the middle, not including Camara in this btw he might be the real deal.  
    We haven’t seen the 3 of Dobson Camara and Fraser yet though. I think if you asked other league 1 teams whether they’d rather have our midfield 3 or our 3 wingers then most would take the midfield 3
  • MarcusH26 said:
    He spells his name wrong. Will surely make for a decent Dobbo replacement though
  • mendonca said:

Yes he rejected league two, he’s played his football in league one pretty much exclusively.  

And he also played 36 times for them the season before last when they came third. Have a good feeling about this one.
  • The Louie Watson signing suggests maybe one of Camara and Fraser is going to be out a lot longer than first thought....