Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• All those saying CBT isn't any good and we should sell for £1.5m.

Ask yourself why another team in a higher division are, supposedly, willing to pay all that money for him?

It's depressing when some fans immediately trot out the party line fed indirectly by Methvan that "this is good business","everything is ok", "it's all part of a three window plan" when it's plain to see that plan is already collapsing.

if we had taken 1.5m, for example, and bought Nombe before Rotherham, then fair play. But yep, this is becoming a joke. 
  • How long until us fans start to protest against this new ownership?? I’ve written off this season already … I bet the attendance for tomorrow game is gonna be very very low … league two here we come !!
  • How many previous transfer deadline days have we had with no manager to give a perspective?
    It’s like the regime are preparing the burgers but refusing to eat them themselves.

• I can really see us being the Chelsea of league one … selling ALL our academy products for peanuts in the next 12 months … for these new owners to balance the books … 

goodbye Tyreece Campbell
    goodbye Miles Leaburn
    goodbye Karoy Anderson
    goodbye Nathan Asiimwe 
    goodbye Daniel Kanu

• Sponsored links:

• Wont be surprised if we don't end up signing a Striker.

Not for want of "trying" - But there seem to be too many moving elements; Cosgrove | Tedic | Etete | Lapado have all been linked.

Who else have we got our eye on as a possibility.
  • Heard rumours Mcgrandles is injured, but maybe camara/Fraser are worse than previously thought. 
  • I don't know much about Watson so maybe he'll be great but his appearance sheet makes him look a little bit like another Nile John/Matt Smith style fill in the gaps in case of emergency sort of signing. I hope he's more than that
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if CBT being offered out is so we can the money to get Ladapo in. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Heard rumours Mcgrandles is injured, but maybe camara/Fraser are worse than previously thought. 
    I think it's this, probably Fraser given how little we've been told about it
  • edited September 2023
    Ladapo is the perfect get out this league striker.  

I fear he’ll be loaned to Derby/Bolton/Barnsley though, or even a championship struggler like QPR/Cardiff 
  • Well I’ll be straight back down the club shop if it does happen 🙄

I don't see what the problem is ?

Just get a red marker pen and leave T.Taylor.
    Cross out the 3, draw a white 1 before the 2, job done 
  • So is Freddie Ladapo related to our U21 Tolu Ladapo?
  • edited September 2023
    supaclive said:

If CBT does go it will further make me think that Andy Scott wants 3 5 2 and CBT does not fit that at all. In that way it makes sense but only if more players come in to make the group better.

This. I don't want B-T to leave but sadly he is just not suited to a 3 5 2 formation.
    NEITHER ARE WE 
    WE ARE 19TH
    The formation hasn't been the problem. We have often looked good in 3-5-2 this season. The bigger issue has been the attitude and desire in the side to win and worse a lack of effort to stop us losing.

Something CBT has is that desire to win. I have obviously been frustrated with his end product, but I also think we would do well to learn to play without him, especially given his injury history. TC could step in, but even he concerns me with injuries and age. 
  • CafcWest said:
    So is Freddie Ladapo related to our U21 Tolu Ladapo?
    Brothers
  • edited September 2023

Interesting that Rich put out the tweet, who doesn't usually link us with players unless he's been fed info and now this person has mentioned Ladapo..

So he'll end up at Barnsley