Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• A club with good owners and ambition to get out this division would get ladapo on loan or maybe even put their hands in their billionaire pockets if we sell one of our biggest attacking threats to fund this a player who gets you out of your seat and skins fullbacks then I'm done honestly my season ticket can sit on the bedside actual p take but I hope I'm proved wrong by tonight I really do.
  • Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Lapado has been our number 1 target all summer, would like to think if there is a chance, we would go all out to get him. 
    Sure he has. We won't get him and they'll peddle some shit about trying hard but in reality we won't have offered anywhere near the asking price, just like Nombe.
    Ipswich will strengthen first before letting him go as that is sensible. 

As FA said, it will be loan because simply put they go through quicker than a permanent transfer. 
  • Why don’t we just get Ladapo permanently? Would put us ahead of all the other league 1 clubs that want him on loan, otherwise the fact we don’t have a manager will probably mean he picks one of the others 
  • If we were a normal club I'd honestly be ok with letting CBT go. If he doesn't fit the formation we want to play and we can get £1.5m for him to fund players who do then great! Except we'll never get £1.5m for a L1 player in the last year of his contract. And we don't seem all that committed to 352. And it's deadline day, so the £1.5m that could have been reinvested in a few players, or just getting Nombe weeks ago and having some left over would now need to be chucked at various last minute deals or saved up for next time, meaning we're weakened now. And we're already terrible and don't have a manager. And the signings we've made so far have looked a bit ropey, unfit and depressed so I don't trust that we'd use the money to get better players in compared to what we've lost. I think that about covers it
  • Suppose and it’s a big suppose that we need to sell CBT so that we can buy Ladapo. I realise it’s a big suppose but what would the feeling be then ?
  • Suppose and it’s a big suppose that we need to sell CBT so that we can buy Ladapo. I realise it’s a big suppose but what would the feeling be then ?
    If we also signed another left wing back then I’d be ok with that 
  • edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Why don’t we just get Ladapo permanently? Would put us ahead of all the other league 1 clubs that want him on loan, otherwise the fact we don’t have a manager will probably mean he picks one of the others 
    What if Ipswich dont want to sell him? - Bit like Camara

They'll only have Scarlett and Gelhardt (Cant see Spurs or Leeds giving up on those two just yet) for the season, so need to think about their options next year too.
  • edited September 2023
    Suppose and it’s a big suppose that we need to sell CBT so that we can buy Ladapo. I realise it’s a big suppose but what would the feeling be then ?

Formation wise, we don't play (and neither do many teams) an old school 442 with two wingers. 352 with wing backs and Edun is probably better suited to the formation. 433 and I am not sure there is enough end product to be one of the wider attackers with CBT.

So looking at the formations we play, Ladapo would likely be of more value.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ladapo, May, Leaburn. Be very happy with those striking options. Sort out the defense and then I'd be happy with the window
  • Sage said:
    Don’t particularly know much about Louie Watson but would have preferred Lewis Bate, played more, left footed, good quality.

Really hope we go all out and get Ladapo. Being close to his brother might be an advantage for us.
    Bit gutted about this tbh. I had hoped Bate might be coming in after @d@DOUCHER ' s inside knowledge although he did say the chances were not as good after Holden's.departure.

Is Louie Watson left footed? Currently we only have Edun and ( the injured ) Fraser as genuine lefties in the squad.
  • LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    I wonder if players see our immediate league position and just think, Nah im alright. How do you sell to them the ambition is promotion with 4 losses already. Hard sell surely?
    Because they are pros and understand that there are 40 games left and the league position on 1st September doesn't mean much
    Although I agree I was thinking would that mixed with the lack of manager not be  warning flag, thats all.
    Yes but I have a plan. Tell them peps coming in. Job done
  • I’m interested in the recruitment process we seem to now be following. Who said “that guy who was released by MK Dons and has sat on the sofa until September because no one else wanted him, that’s the guy we need”? Or are they just looking at Transfermarkt for free agents and going down the list until they find someone cheap/desperate enough?
  • So Watson and Watson both seem pretty close if they have an official Cawley mention. I suspect that Ladapo is our leading candidate for "falling through at 10:59pm" in the transfer bingo.

CBT the favourite for being sold on deadline day for cheap with no replacement, though a few faint whispers maybe Dobson could be a dark horse there?

All in all, in the immortal words of Captain H. Solo.... I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Sage said:
    Don’t particularly know much about Louie Watson but would have preferred Lewis Bate, played more, left footed, good quality.

Really hope we go all out and get Ladapo. Being close to his brother might be an advantage for us.
    They're not brothers, just have the same surname. 
  • Sage said:

They're not brothers, just have the same surname. 
    So everyone with the surname Smith aren't close blood relatives?  Don't believe you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
  • On August 24th I wrote this on the Chem Campbell thread.

‘I wonder if this signing means we try to cash in on CBT.’

• Watson, Watson, Abankwah and Ladapo in. Kirk and DJ out. If that's our deadline day I can live with that. Is it as good as we need? Possibly not.

Could it have been better? Definitely.

Right now though I'd take that if that's what happens.
  • We're definitely getting a statement tomorrow about how hard everyone tried and how we faced Premier League competition for our top signings amongst other bullshit, I want to believe but fear we'll only see 1/2 in today 
  • Louie Watson is a good player so pleased with that. Got a feeling Fraser is out for a while. 
    Would love Ladapo but he won’t come here without a manager.
    Really hope we don’t sell CBT. While at his end product can be poor, he’s one of the most exciting players in the league.
  • edited September 2023
    Sounds like Tennai's in, CAFC Twitter 
  • Could see Ladapo as the 'we tried to get it over the line' one, leaving us with kids on loan.
  • I'm really not interested in who done with going to cafc if certain managers come in or certain players leave. 

The last day in the summer window is normally desperate for Cafc but nothing can be worse than the Southall con trick when Great expectations turned into bleak house and we were left wanting more.

Hopefully it's the injury to McGrandles as mentioned 1st by Henry Irving and not problems for Camará or Fraser who are desperately needed.

Because we are and have been struggling for a few seasons now most of the guys coming in will be a gamble as the sad truth is we are a club that has lost its way and we are the second or third chance saloon for many of the incoming players to go with our own 18-21 years olds trying to adapt to professional men's football.

August really is the Cruellest month for Charlton fans and Critics.
  • Any money from a potential sale of CBT is likely not going to 'open the purse strings.' Methven has said that he wants to reduce our losses by 6-7 million per year through player trading. In all likelihood, that's where the money goes.