Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

1486487488489490492»

Comments

• Options
    Ladapo scored twice for Ipswich today. Which begs the question why they even considered letting him go.
  • Options
    Ladapo scored twice for Ipswich today. Which begs the question why they even considered letting him go.
    He came on in the 36th minute for Hirst, so guess he only appeared because of injury.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Why is this 'so shit'? Provided nobody good leaves, four in is probably one more than we all expected? And they seem like they might be pretty decent 
    Because I don't agree that they seem like they might be pretty decent. Almost all of our main targets have been missed this window and I don't think Tedic is worth a loan space. Happy to be proved wrong at the end of the season, but seems like we've signed a load of panic loans, plus one maybe decent full back. 
    I should add I don't include Chem in this - he seemed to be an actual target with his signing a bit earlier than others. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Why is this 'so shit'? Provided nobody good leaves, four in is probably one more than we all expected? And they seem like they might be pretty decent 
    Because I don't agree that they seem like they might be pretty decent. Almost all of our main targets have been missed this window and I don't think Tedic is worth a loan space. Happy to be proved wrong at the end of the season, but seems like we've signed a load of panic loans, plus one maybe decent full back. 
    I should add I don't include Chem in this - he seemed to be an actual target with his signing a bit earlier than others. 
    "Im going to write off all of our signings because ive never heard of them. Apart from Chem Campbell, who ive also never heard of, because now ive actually seen him play and he looks quite good"
    Campbell played in this league last season and did reasonably well. Tedic also played in this league last season and did okay, the other loans I'll admit I have seen very little of, but we really need some experience and grit, I am not sure they'll add that. As I said I am happy to be proven wrong.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The thing with strikers, more so than with other positions, is that they just ‘click’ sometimes and start scoring goals. Confidence, team system, age, whatever it is, it just seems to click. Which is why teams take punts year on year on strikers and why the likes of Clarke-Harris (a regular goalscorer) are always worth big bucks. Lyle Taylor didn’t come good until later in his career whereas Ajose had one great season and couldn’t replicate it. 

Tedic may or may not be good for us and score goals but I’m not concerned by the fact he didn’t score that many for Barnsley, particularly as we already have one goalscorer in the team.
  • Options
    We need good players over anything else. When CBT was out last season our front three were all teenagers. It wasn’t a problem though and they were better players individually than many experienced players we’ve signed at this level.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    "Im going to write off all of our signings because ive never heard of them. Apart from Chem Campbell, who ive also never heard of, because now ive actually seen him play and he looks quite good"
    Campbell played in this league last season and did reasonably well. Tedic also played in this league last season and did okay, the other loans I'll admit I have seen very little of, but we really need some experience and grit, I am not sure they'll add that. As I said I am happy to be proven wrong.
    I think there may have been an element of panic in watson (midfielder) due to injuries. 

I reckon the defender was on our radar but we thought we were covered in that position but the start we've had proved otherwise

agree with your view on the other recent signings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    68 years ago today, JS was reflecting on the First Division 8-1 away defeat to Sunderland (1st Sept ‘56), the fifth defeat in a row for the Addicks. He was sacked on Monday 3rd September 4pm, and told to say he’d retired through ill health.
    Lack of investment (and injuries) had finally caught up with Charlton. Sounds familiar.
    Pretty sure we’ll avoid relegation this time though. 
    That’ll be 67 years ago! Typo. 
  • Options
    I’d like the focus to move on to contract renewals for the likes of CBT, Dobson etc 
    Good idea, but will probably be on hold until a new manager is appointed, but then def needs urgent attention...
  • Options

Ladapo is in the Championship team of the week after scoring twice for Ipswich. Guessing we were never realistically in the running there.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Ladapo is in the Championship team of the week after scoring twice for Ipswich. Guessing we were never realistically in the running there.
    He started on the bench, but replaced an injured striker before HT - Probably would have left had they signed Gelhardt like they wanted.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Do we actually even know for sure that they were considering it? There were a few rumours kicking around but nothing really seemed that concrete so i'm not entirely sure they wanted rid of him. 

I said last week that i wasn't sure why they bothered to sign Dane Scarlett on loan when he did absolutely nothing in league one last year, and Ladapo is a great option, especially as a 3rd or 4th choice striker.
  • Options
    Do we actually even know for sure that they were considering it? There were a few rumours kicking around but nothing really seemed that concrete so i'm not entirely sure they wanted rid of him. 

I said last week that i wasn't sure why they bothered to sign Dane Scarlett on loan when he did absolutely nothing in league one last year, and Ladapo is a great option, especially as a 3rd or 4th choice striker.
    All summer they said they won't consider bids for him, Derby, Sunderland and us were all interested parties but they didn't change their minds. 

Also in a position where they didn't need to sell and it's a move down for the player, unlike Nombe where they didn't need the money but it's hard to turn down a player wanting to move up the career ladder
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    We all know that repeatedly beating your man is a skill yes and that an assist every other game is decent?

Plus being a man and not a boy and able to play 90 minutes is helpful too?

CBT is not one of the many problems in this squad.
    Still questioning if CBT is the problem in our squad?!

His stats are absolutely phenomenal and we must get him signed up, IF we can!
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Fascinating.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Did someone forget to pay ?
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Interesting. The possibility of someone else coming in had been mentioned, I can't remember if Sam Walker was one of the rumoured names.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Interesting. The possibility of someone else coming in had been mentioned, I can't remember if Sam Walker was one of the rumoured names.
    We were told he was physically big and Walker is bloody massive.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Martin Sandgaard eat your heart out:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Scoham said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Louie Watson is a good player so pleased with that. Got a feeling Fraser is out for a while. 
    Would love Ladapo but he won’t come here without a manager.
    Really hope we don’t sell CBT. While at his end product can be poor, he’s one of the most exciting players in the league.
    Watson’s played so few games how do you know he’s a good player? Kilkenny played a few games for Bournemouth but it didn’t make him good enough for us.
    I was around most of his West Ham Academy games when I was there for a couple of years - won't say what I was doing ( wasn't a player or media!)
    Also was itching for us to sign Cullen as well back in the day but of course, Cullen already had a good reputation in the football league.
    Sadly - even see a fair few of Poyet's games in the U23s there... what a waste. 
  • Options
    Kirk is no way near good enough, league 2 player at absolute best
    Got 9 lol's for this back in July... maybe i was wrong and league 2 was generous