Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited September 2023
    We’ve got who we’ve got now until January. 

Get to the Valley if you can, get behind the lads and who knows what might happen. 

It’s a really shit league this year so you never know! 
    Excellent summary. The die is cast. Let’s hope for luck with injuries and that these lads click. 

Edit. Just remembered that we also don’t have a manager, so there’s that to sort out. 
  • So Tedic has signed.

I haven't seen any of today's signings play (well I have but was unaware).
    I've no idea how good/poor they will be (probably like everyone else).
    I'm disappointed that we didn't make better signings, but then again we were never going to be spending millions.

I'm disappointed that we hadn't recruited earlier, but it's undeniable that Sandgaard pissing around didn't help and it's not our fault that no one took Kirk & McGrandles is injured again.

We've been unlucky with injuries to Leaburn, Fraser & Camara.

I don't think anyone predicted us losing to Newport, Peterborough, Bristol R, Port Vale and Oxford, with Holden appearing to lose the plot, so I can't in all honestly totally hang that on the SMT.

All in all I'd rate the transfer window as 6.5/10 when i was hoping for an 8.
    Mind you last week it was looking like a 5/10.

Let's see what happens and if you're going to support the team tomorrow it would be great if we can get behind Pearce & the boys.

Great post. If we did the exact same business but a couple weeks earlier it might have been a 7/10 and a few more points
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Looks like JCH has gone back to Brizzle.
    Losing two strikers, who are they bringing in?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Looks like JCH has gone back to Brizzle.
    800k plus add ons. Their owners are going for it this season.
  • Needed another striker and the defence is still very worrying. Oh well, I’ll be there tomorrow as with every other game, hoping for the best 
  • Redhenry said:
    sam3110 said:
    AMB, ISTED

ASIIMWE, T.WATSON, EDUN

HECTOR, JONES, THOMAS, ELEREWE, NESS, ABANKWAH

DOBSON, TAYLOR, ANDERSON, FRASER, CAMARA, MCGRANDLES, L.WATSON

C.CAMPBELL, T.CAMPBELL, BLACKETT-TAYLOR, KIRK 

MAY, LEABURN, TEDIC, KANU, ANEKE

The only thing I think we're missing overall is one more wingback, but I think between Watson being able to play on both sides, Thomas being able to play left back and CBT being able to play as a (very attacking) left wing back, it's sufficiently covered until the inevitable injury list pile up.

Maybe if Kanu hadn't kicked on a bit like he has I'd be more concerned about the strikers, but he appears to be a viable fourth choice now.

We have the quantity many were clamouring for, the huge question now is if there is actually any quality in that lot. 

Long season ahead I think, but let's hope there's some nice surprises at least
    I admire your positivity but it all points to a mediocre season again.
    the only chance we have is if there is a Cullen, Bielik and rak sak in the lot we have signed. Time will tell
    What positivity haha I literally said it's gonna be a long season and questioned if there's any actual quality. 

Or is that it now, if you're not constantly screaming how "the squad is shit, and everything is terrible and ahhhh I hate Charlton" and you're not making Golfie look like a carefree, happy-go-lucky kind of guy then you're "optimistic"? 
  • I think a lot of peoples annoyance is that throughout the summer we’ve been briefed indirectly that we’ve bid 500k for Nombe, enquired after JCH, suggestions we were interested in Collins at Bristol Rovers etc etc which is obviously all bullshit. It’s no wonder then that people are underwhelmed when we sign players on deadline day whom none of us have heard of.

I don’t know if these players will work out or not and only time will tell but, in my opinion, we haven’t enough about us for a top six finish but I really hope I’m wrong.

I'm staggered Collins is still at Bristol Rovers, and hasn't left for a Championship side. If they've bought JCH back, they've got really good strike force
  • Sponsored links:

• The manager signing is absolutely huge now, get it right and give the team time to gel, who knows what could happen.

This.

Having read lots of posts over the past few hours I think I might have been a tad negative. 

Time to give this new bunch of players time to gel & see what a new manager can do with them. We finally have a finisher up front (May) and Tedic could be just what we need up there with him. With Chem Campbell, CBT & Camara in midfield we should have enough to create some chances.

Just hope the defence can tighten up enough & stop lett8ng in last minute goals.

Still think top 6 is a big stretch but top half should be bear minimum. And that starts tomorrow with a 2-0 win. 

COYA.
  • Richard Chin is another wing back option. I prefer him on the right, sadly it was playing there that he got injured at Newport
  • I'd love nothing more than for it to all work out now for Kirk. Time for him to knuckle down and force his way into the new managers plans. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Rather than wanting Kirk away at this point, I'd sooner he gets his finger out his arse over next 4 months
    Would love this to happen mate but im sick of how many times we give him a chance and i watch him shirk challenges barely run or trackback
    not beat or take on fullbacks
    doesnt cross at all

i mean he and us will need a miracle for him to turn into half a good player
    hopefully he is kept out the way and goes in jan🤦🏻‍♂️🤞🏻
  • Overall I think it’s been a pretty good window. A few wait and see signings but nice to see  a few deadwood shifted ( shame about Kirk ).

• edited September 2023
    ValleyBen said:
    I am honestly jealous of those fans who can somehow see serious positives in our business lately, I hate feeling like we are already set up to fail at our objectives with 41 games still to play.

Even if everyone is suddenly fit again and stays fit the rest of the season I cannot see how this squad has the know-how to be a promotion threat to our rivals. 
     Don't be, the facts are staring you in the face. 
  • £800k for JCH is an absolute steal.
  • Sponsored links:

• £800k for JCH is an absolute steal.
    Is it though? No sell on value whatsoever and Bristol rovers apart from him, aren’t exactly a powerful force. 
  • Ah good, another Kirk pile on. 

It’s been a tough few weeks for all involved not being able to blame him for the circus that it our club has become. 
  • How the hell can Bristol Rovers afford fees like that from the revenue the club will generate?!!
    Patel family own em and made a lot of dough out of property deals
  • If some people are happy with our transfer dealings this summer then good for them but I’m not happy with a half arsed squad that will be lucky to finish top ten in my opinion.
    I’m neither happy, nor unhappy. I don’t know how anybody knows enough about these players to take a view about the most recent signings. 
    Of the new players we’ve seen May as expected looks to have goals in him and the rest (Isted,  Camara, Edun, Taylor & Campbell) look good to promising. 
    The rest could be anything. They all seem to be highly regarded, but then so was Kirk, and he hasn’t clicked with us. 
    But anyone saying they’re dogsh1t signings is bullshitting. None of us know how they’ll turn out,  but at least they’re not on the way down, like Watson, Arter and the like.
    Will this squad finish top 10? In the words of the mighty Lurkers, ‘Ain’t got a Clue’. But it’s not outside the bounds of possibility imho. 
    Having said that, my 16/1 odds for automatics looks ridiculously bad value now. 🙁
  • How the hell can Bristol Rovers afford fees like that from the revenue the club will generate?!!
    Part of it will be that they have a sell on % which is a mad scenario. They've also been taken over by someone from Kuwait I think. Feels like a big gamble though because if it doesn't work then they've committed a lot of money
  • So the yanks have no money either. Like Sandgaard & ESI before them. Mostly loans & frees with money paid for just May, Taylor & Edun - and some of that was from money we got for selling a couple of players.

All played out just as we were told it would. 
    Edun was a freebie