Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited September 2023
    cfgs said:

Is it JCH
  • sm said:
    Croydon said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
     Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
     Complete nonsense. Most fans are probably chuckling away at the back.
    We are a laughing stock. 
    I'm sick to the back teeth of us signing another no mark and people coming on here and telling us how good they are.
    They won't be. I've seen it all before. More than most with this shower of a football club. I flatly refuse to be taken in by clowns like Methven,Sandgaard and Southall
    I can see us being on the back of some real good hidings this year
    It's a complete and utter mess.
    It has been an excellent window , with young players with pace and energy … too 6 here we come 
    Who are you most excited about and why?
    The right wing back going to be a fav very direct with pace , and the Man City striker looks a force up top think he could be a real find and get the best out if May 
    4 goals and 2 assists in 29 games last season for Barnsley is unlikely to be a real find.
    He didn’t start many of those 29 games but 173 mins per goal scored is almost as frequent as Leaburn (152 mins) and May (168 mins).

Think it might be a better pick up than most expect.
  • Surprised we needed someone of Scott’s calibre to achieve what he’s managed to achieve. And I doubt he’s cheap.
    I doubt if Gallen's contact book extended to Italy. Great coop by Scott to bring in a player with 2 Serie A appearances 👏👏👏.  
    There you go again trying to belittle people.

You are a sad, sad person.
    Belittling who ?  Gallen or the player ?? For the record i thought Gallen did a great job. As for the Udinese player.....I'll hold judgement until I see him play a number of times. 

As for Scott.....if it takes you 6 weeks to bring in a 20 year old with no league games under your belt then I suggest you're not doing a great job. 
    But he’s not just brought in 1 20 year old? We’ve brought in lots of players and let lots go.

I wish we’d done it 3 weeks ago so we weren’t in this mess in the league already, but we know that a lot of players don’t become available until the last couple of days.
  • A teddy bear and someone scratching?
  • Tedic confirmed by the club on Twitter
  • cfgs said:

And here it is, the finale. They'll milk this dry.

I'm off to Asda to get some snacks and comfort eat
  • cfgs said:

We haven’t signed Roy Walker have we? 
  • Are we getting Tedic or not ?
    Cutting it a bit fine now.
  • A teddy bear and someone scratching?
    Ted, Itch.

Tedic
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Does anybody know if any of our new (or expected) signings/loans are left footed?
    Are you recruiting for the Freemasons ?
  • fair point on leadership  looking at the squad I would say possible leaders are..

Jones
    Hector 
    Thomas 
    dobbo
    May

maybe Taylor and Watson in CM can step up and lead too  

Dobson is definitely a leader. May could be. Don't know yet about Jones.
    Seen nothing from Hector and Thomas to suggest that they could be leaders. I don't even want them in the starting eleven. Unfortunately, one or the other, or both, may have to be at times.
    Hector has worn the armband both here a few times and I believe at Reading. I don't know that that makes him a great leader, but it's one data point.

TT seems to be described widely as "a great guy to have around." And again, that doesn't mean he's a leader, but it indicates he's a solid pro who gets on well with everyone, which is important in a squad.

At the end of the day, we're all just speculating here. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    Bullshit, I've not been scammed by anyone, and if anything I'm asking to be in on the supposed bad news by demanding that the sales doc be out in public. 

You haven't seen what is in this document either so you're literally just taking someone else's word for it anyway, maybe you've been taken in by someone with an agenda, who knows?
    Wow, are you really calling into question Airman who fought for this club to return to Valley. This reminds me of when Southall first took over and people didn’t want to hear what was common knowledge within the football community, that they were wrong uns.
    So because of the past, they can't have an agenda now? 

I've said time and again I respect what Airman did for the club, but I cannot hide the fact that I think people have wanted to besmirch this ownership group before they got in the door, and having close links to rival bids for the club, leads me to question the motives. 
    What links does Cardinal Sin have to rival bids? How did we know that Leneghan was involved before he turned up?

it’s been explained multiple times why no documents have been shared, but how is it going do you think? Do we have multiple small shareholders? What is the plan?

When people show you who they are it’s a good idea to believe them. Methven that to a TV audience of his own volition. He’s been doing it here since last December. It’s playing out on real time. Worst start in 33 years. Chosen manager sacked after five games. 

Ask Curbs, Brownie or Powell about the squad. What’s so hard to understand?

Was having a really undercooked, half fit and massively lack in several key areas squad in the document as well?  Or did that happen at Sunderland?

Methven never sacked a manager inside 30 games at Sunderland either.

Do you think they intended it to be the worst start in 33 years?

Obviously "the plan" is to make some money but it seems a very funny way of going about it. 

The end game might be malice but what we have seen so far is probably more incompetence or under/over estimation IMO.
  • It’s Leko on loan
  • Redrobo said:
    I am always surprised that so many fans are able to look at some stats, compare that to the age of the player and be able to judge the quality of a player. To be able to do this having never seen the player in question even kick a ball!  It really is astonishing. How they get an insight to the character of the individual is also a mystery. Maybe they can see shadows in a photograph, or is it all in the eyes?
    It is surprising that Clubs don’t employ them instead of wasting time and money on scouts and employing professional and experienced football people to do the job.
    A pity no one told Sandgaard it really is that easy.

Some clubs do.

• Lavelle back for 500k
  • Sponsored links:

• Tedic incoming. 
  • edited September 2023
    Oh well, that will be that then. Night everyone. Exciting times. 
  • When do we reveal the outgoing players?
  • Is that good night then?  Lord knows what the XI looks like first game after the international break, tomorrow a must win I don’t care how stupid that sounds the clubs need a massive pick me up.  
  • MrBurns said:
    cfgs said:

This is what the kids call cringe
    Mrs AFKA said we’ve signed Bearback