Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Peterborough will have something up their sleeve for 10:30 or something to replace JCH as they loaned out Tshimanga too. 
    Probably a Serbian lad from Man City knowing us

Would be surprised if it was a loan McAnthony always likes to buy goalscorers as that where the cash is if they work out 
  • edited September 2023
    Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley
    That’s it then, just kids. Not a promotion squad.
    Bore off..you don't have a clue what will happen with 41 games left.

Honestly, what a ridiculous statement
    Mmm, worst start to season for decades, first team to sack their manager this season, an already inexperienced side filled with yet more inexperienced loan players on deadline day, a Chairman with a very dodgy past and I’m being ridiculous saying we may not get promoted. Wake up!
    After 5 games....the season has 41 games left and you were very definitive by saying "that's it then, just kids. Not a promotion squad"

Before shtting the bed, see how these new signings play out along with the new manager whoever that ends up being.
  • Uboat said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    Bullshit, I've not been scammed by anyone, and if anything I'm asking to be in on the supposed bad news by demanding that the sales doc be out in public. 

You haven't seen what is in this document either so you're literally just taking someone else's word for it anyway, maybe you've been taken in by someone with an agenda, who knows?
    No, you’re probably right. Airman and Cardinal Sin have taken me in with their special agenda. Makes sense. 
    You seen the document.....?
  • I think it’s been clear that the squad lacks leaders on the pitch, never mind the age profile. Has that been addressed with these signings, does anyone think?
    We will limp through to january when it could be that bad they HAVE to spend some money on proven players and leaders !
  • I think it’s been clear that the squad lacks leaders on the pitch, never mind the age profile. Has that been addressed with these signings, does anyone think?
    Apparently some people do. 
  • edited September 2023
    Just got out of the cinema, film 
    Number 2, have we signed anyone?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Peterborough will have something up their sleeve for 10:30 or something to replace JCH as they loaned out Tshimanga too. 
    Ladapo
    Wrong age for Peterborough and dropping down.
  •  Bring in other teams young players no need for our academy?
    Which is what Methcen will tell the yanks next year.

"See, you dont need to fund an academy when you can simply loan-in the player season on season". 

The seed has been sown......
  •  Bring in other teams young players no need for our academy?
    Which is what Methcen will tell the yanks next year.

"See, you dont need to fund an academy when you can simply loan-in the player season on season". 

The seed has been sown......
    But at the same time selling youngsters is the way they're going to make money out of us? So which one is it, because it can't be both...
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't look like Kirk is going anywhere - Cawley has told me we tried to ship him out, but unfortunately couldn't get anything done
  • sam3110 said:
    Uboat said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

I don't. 

Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    Bullshit, I've not been scammed by anyone, and if anything I'm asking to be in on the supposed bad news by demanding that the sales doc be out in public. 

You haven't seen what is in this document either so you're literally just taking someone else's word for it anyway, maybe you've been taken in by someone with an agenda, who knows?
    No, you’re probably right. Airman and Cardinal Sin have taken me in with their special agenda. Makes sense. 
    You seen the document.....?
    No, but some people I trust have and have shared a summary of its contents. Hopefully that’s not too confusing for you. 
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
    Do you think these signings now give us enough to get promoted @yann897 ?
    I think a lot of it will come down to getting Leaburn, Fraser and Camara back fit personally and no one really knows how the new lads will get on with the exception of Tanai Watson who we’ve seen play. But what it does do is gives us options and a squad.

Keep taking the tablets.
    What have I said that deserves a muggy comment like that ?
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

WHAT SALES DOC

Wow, are you really calling into question Airman who fought for this club to return to Valley. This reminds me of when Southall first took over and people didn’t want to hear what was common knowledge within the football community, that they were wrong uns.
    No, not even close. I don't think we have one vocal leader at the club. 

Before the season started I was optimistic we could get top6, now I am about 99% sure we won't be near the plays offs. Mid table at best and probably another season wasted.

From what started out as a positive transfer window has ended very shoddy, we are about on par with last season squad depth and strength wise. It wasn't good enough then, it won't be now. 

Already thinking about the teams I wouldn't mind coming up from League 2 for an away day and Championship to come down 
  • The confusing thing is why they can't share it with the wider community.

What's it going to jeopardise?

The new owners are already in, so who's going to get in trouble for sharing it, what's the big secret?

Until we see the document and digest it for ourselves, it's just a rumour
    Careful Airman. You ask sensible questions like that and you will be pigeon-holed as one of our “sad bunch of followers”.
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
    Do you think these signings now give us enough to get promoted @yann897 ?
    I think a lot of it will come down to getting Leaburn, Fraser and Camara back fit personally and no one really knows how the new lads will get on with the exception of Tanai Watson who we’ve seen play. But what it does do is gives us options and a squad.

Keep taking the tablets.
    What have I said that deserves a muggy comment like that ?
    Sooner the Window closes the better, then its the joy of waiting for January - Find the Transfer periods each year brings out the worst in people, as its the biggest time for expectations off the pitch 
  • Doesn't look like Kirk is going anywhere - Cawley has told me we tried to ship him out, but unfortunately couldn't get anything done
    Gutted by this i hate him at this club useless and doesnt do anything event half decent

but then again what club is going to look at him and his performances for us and want him🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got out of the cinema, film 
    Number 2, have we signed anyone?
    No one yet, but Cawley has tweeted that we are close to signing JCH, Lyle Taylor, Ladapo, Kevin Lisbie, Shaun Bartlett, Darren Bent, Jonatan Johansson, Tresor Kandol, Andy Gray, Chris Iwelumo and Alessia Russo.

We have surprisingly released the rest of the team from their contracts but the new manager, Alan Carr, is confident we can get the crowd on their feet.
  • se9addick said:
    Uboat said:
    I think it’s been clear that the squad lacks leaders on the pitch, never mind the age profile. Has that been addressed with these signings, does anyone think?
    Imagine how many leaders we'd have in our squad if we'd waited another few years for Peter Varney to finally put a successful takeover together 😍
    That literally doesn’t mean anything. Do you know what you’re trying to say?
    Listen, it’s getting late and we’ve all had a drink…
    I wish. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

WHAT SALES DOC

Wow, are you really calling into question Airman who fought for this club to return to Valley. This reminds me of when Southall first took over and people didn’t want to hear what was common knowledge within the football community, that they were wrong uns.
    So because of the past, they can't have an agenda now? 

I've said time and again I respect what Airman did for the club, but I cannot hide the fact that I think people have wanted to besmirch this ownership group before they got in the door, and having close links to rival bids for the club, leads me to question the motives. 
    Well then I suppose we’ll all have to just wait and see how it plays out. Like we did with Roland. Like we did with ESI. Like we did with Sandgaard. 
  • edited September 2023
    Meh, I don't mind these signings. 

I'll take good players over "leaders" any day. When you win no one talks about needing leaders.