Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• That will be us done.
  • edited September 2023
    Young, unknown, inexperienced signings - let's see if AS's magic wand works.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    How am I being scammed and how do I stop being scammed?
  • Anyone think it’s strange that Lyle Taylor is still around ?  Not that I'd want him back but just not seen any rumours about him at all. Has he retired  ?
    Might as well. Seemingly no one wants him for some reason. 
    Wonder if the only offers he may have had are below the money he's looking for.

Reckon he thinks he'll get a Championship move when I don't think he will at his age.

• Tough life twice a year...🙄😅.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we've filled all the major gaps in our squad and moved on some of the deadwood. The truth is none of us know if it's good enough for promotion. We're all gonna have to wait and see.
  • Peterborough have accepted a bid for JCH

Could we have gone in late

Or am i dreaming 
    Weren't Bristol Rovers spouting on their forum about being in for him. 
  • Yann897 said:
    Some of these youngsters have played just a handful of senior games. One or two in a starting line up is fine but this is ridiculous. We all knew Methven’s plan of slashing costs and getting promotion is laughable but it’s no loss to him if it fails, he’s already made his money from the deal. Expect more spin until a fire sale when the investors realise they’ve been had.
    When you say some of these youngsters .

Louie Watson has 18+ games in the championship so a league above us.

Abankwah only has a few games under his belt but in serie A against Juventus of all teams, so he clearly has something about him.

Tanai Watson is a good established league one player and not a youngster.

Tedic was bought by Man City for 3m has 100+ senior appearances and was in the Dutch top flight only two seasons ago .

there ya go with a slight positive spin for a change.
    FC Zwolle 38 games Two goals.

That’s a rip roaring goal scoring performance.

Tall lad isn't he? How many did his strike partner get from his assists? Carl Leaburn wasn't a prolific goal scorer IIRC, but Paul Williams was largely thanks to him. Give these guys a chance and don't write them off on the basis of their first 45 in a Charlton shirt if not before.
  • JCH will either be a championship side, Bristol Rovers or Derby I imagine. 

Most likely Bristol Rovers 
  • Peterborough have accepted a bid for JCH

Or am i dreaming 

It will be Derby, Rovers or Sheffield Wednesday. 
  • Anyone think it’s strange that Lyle Taylor is still around ?  Not that I'd want him back but just not seen any rumours about him at all. Has he retired  ?
    Might as well. Seemingly no one wants him for some reason. 
    Wonder if the only offers he may have had are below the money he's looking for.

Reckon he thinks he'll get a Championship move when I don't think he will at his age.
    Exactly that. 
  • Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley
    That’s it then, just kids. Not a promotion squad.
    Bore off..you don't have a clue what will happen with 41 games left.

Honestly, what a ridiculous statement
  • Croydon said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

I don't. 

Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
     Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
     Complete nonsense. Most fans are probably chuckling away at the back.
    We are a laughing stock. 
    I'm sick to the back teeth of us signing another no mark and people coming on here and telling us how good they are.
    They won't be. I've seen it all before. More than most with this shower of a football club. I flatly refuse to be taken in by clowns like Methven,Sandgaard and Southall
    I can see us being on the back of some real good hidings this year
    It's a complete and utter mess.
    It has been an excellent window , with young players with pace and energy … too 6 here we come 
    Who are you most excited about and why?
    The right wing back going to be a fav very direct with pace , and the Man City striker looks a force up top think he could be a real find and get the best out if May 
    Did you seen much of him last season in his 21 games for Barnsley ??   Scored 4 goals. Less than Fraser. Less than Payne. 

I hope to god he does do well & can score 8+goals that will be needed to keep us in this division. 
  • Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley
    Not saying he’s good or the answer, but I do think a 23 yr old is ok to lead the line. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley

Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley

To be fair, a lot of people predicted what would happen in the transfer window - and it has. 
  • Bristol Rovers
  • Mike said:
    That will be us done.
    Wouldn’t bet on it. Still time for outgoings! 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Peterborough have accepted a bid for JCH

Or am i dreaming 

It will be Derby, Rovers or Sheffield Wednesday. 
    Derby is my bet.

Certainly not us.

Very very certainly not us.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    How am I being scammed and how do I stop being scammed?
    Charlie and his minions giving us all false hope with made up spin. A few protests will put the pressure on him and the investors will sell up quicker rather than this being something that drags on for years.