Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I'm feeling more positive about our hopes for the season compared to last night. Wish we did some of this business earlier though, not getting a striker in before the season has probably cost us 3-6 points. 
    Apart from Tennai Watson which of the three loans has you feeling all positive and why?
  • With most of today's signings unable to play tomorrow because they were signed after midday, it'll be interesting to see whether any of them get a game against Crawley.
  • With most of today's signings unable to play tomorrow because they were signed after midday, it'll be interesting to see whether any of them get a game against Crawley.
    Thought Tennai Watson signed in time. Maybe Louie Watson too.
  • MrBurns said:
    Two and half hours left. Where's this 30 goal a season centre forward then? 
    We signed him before the start of the season, Alfie May. 

No club this level signs 2 strikers that will score 30 goals each
    Thought Tennai Watson signed in time. Maybe Louie Watson too.
    Edit - Louie didn’t sign in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Mansfield to St Johnstone 
    DJohnstone
  • CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Where's our captain ?
  • Yann897 said:
    Some of these youngsters have played just a handful of senior games. One or two in a starting line up is fine but this is ridiculous. We all knew Methven’s plan of slashing costs and getting promotion is laughable but it’s no loss to him if it fails, he’s already made his money from the deal. Expect more spin until a fire sale when the investors realise they’ve been had.
    When you say some of these youngsters .

Louie Watson has 18+ games in the championship so a league above us.

Abankwah only has a few games under his belt but in serie A against Juventus of all teams, so he clearly has something about him.

Tanai Watson is a good established league one player and not a youngster.

Tedic was bought by Man City for 3m has 100+ senior appearances and was in the Dutch top flight only two seasons ago .

there ya go with a slight positive spin for a change.10th place finish 
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
     Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
    Do you think these signings now give us enough to get promoted @yann897 ?
  • Yann897 said:
    Some of these youngsters have played just a handful of senior games. One or two in a starting line up is fine but this is ridiculous. We all knew Methven’s plan of slashing costs and getting promotion is laughable but it’s no loss to him if it fails, he’s already made his money from the deal. Expect more spin until a fire sale when the investors realise they’ve been had.

Abankwah only has a few games under his belt but in serie A against Juventus of all teams, so he clearly has something about him.

Tedic was bought by Man City for 3m has 100+ senior appearances and was in the Dutch top flight only two seasons ago .

there ya go with a slight positive spin for a change.
    Watch out. You’ll get plenty of lol’s for putting any kind of positive spin on anything.
  • I make that a squad of 28 once the Man City loanee is confirmed, can’t argue with the numbers we have, even if Kirk ends up going 27 is good.  

A real shame we started so badly as there’s pressure on us now, it would’ve been lovely heading into Fleetwood at home with say 9/10 points but we are where we are, let’s see what they’ve got.  
  • sam3110 said:
    MrBurns said:
    Two and half hours left. Where's this 30 goal a season centre forward then? 
    We signed him before the start of the season, Alfie May. 

No club this level signs 2 strikers that will score 30 goals each

Two hours to go and still no striker. May will struggle to reach double figures without a partner. 
  • I make that a squad of 28 once the Man City loanee is confirmed, can’t argue with the numbers we have, even if Kirk ends up going 27 is good.  

A real shame we started so badly as there’s pressure on us now, it would’ve been lovely heading into Fleetwood at home with say 9/10 points but we are where we are, let’s see what they’ve got.  
    Which makes the amateurish defending and decision making in the last three leagues games, even more annoying 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

I don't. 

Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
     Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
    Has Bowyer been appointed?
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.

But to some fans all they see is numbers. We don't know much about these players so I doubt Fleetwood or Exeter fans do either. 
  • CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Where's our captain ?
    Taking the picture
  • This is a gut feeling, but I just think we MUST go with 2 up top, whatever that looks like whether it’s 352/442.  I just think that’s what’s most effective in this hellhole of a league.  
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.

What signings would though AFKA, people are talking up Lapado as if he's the messiah. There are no guarantees whoever you sign.  
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I bet we’re still paying a huge chunk of his wages.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Yann897 said:

there ya go with a slight positive spin for a change.
    Watch out. You’ll get plenty of lol’s for putting any kind of positive spin on anything.
    I'm getting that for not being wholly negative never mind being positive. Still my lol count needs a boost.
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.

I think a lot of it will come down to getting Leaburn, Fraser and Camara back fit personally and no one really knows how the new lads will get on with the exception of Tanai Watson who we’ve seen play. But what it does do is gives us options and a squad.
    This…👍