Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• LTKapal said:
    How's Stockton been doing since his move out of interest?
    Played one game, didn't score. I think he's been injured
  • Talal said:
    sam3110 said:
    As it stands we can play 2 full XI's without fielding an injured player, which is a step forwards at least. 

Isted
    Jones Hector Thomas
    Asiimwe Dobson Anderson Edun
     T. Campbell May Blackett-Taylor

Maynard-Brewer
    Elerewe Abankwu Ness
    T.Watson Taylor L.Watson Kirk
    C.Campbell Kanu Jaiyesimi 

Yes, the second XI is even more shite than the already shite first XI, but at least we have the bodies, and that's without the new Striker, Camara, Fraser, Leaburn, McGrandles and Aneke (stop sniggering at the back) in it.

343 with wingers cutting in to shoot and wing backs overlapping is the way forwards!
    Glad that was edited, just seeing two Kirks in a team made me shudder. 
    Have you not heard, we've cloned him 😎
  • RedRobin said:
    LTKapal said:
    How's Stockton been doing since his move out of interest?
    We will see tomorrow when he will score no doubt! 
    He plays for Burton .. and as yet to play this season through injury 
  • CafcWest said:
    From all the comments/moans about signing "youngsters" it's a good job we didn't sign Erling Haaland then as he's only 23...would have been a meltdown.
    That's not the point and you know it. 

Slightly different signing a 22 year old with 3 seasons & 50 goals under his belt to a 21 year old with just a handful of games.

How old was Bowyer when he left us for Leeds ?  Plenty of experience in those 2 seasons I'd say. 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Off_it said:
    Croydon said:
    Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Agreed. Blindly accept whatever players are signed.
    Said absolutely nobody ..... but anyway, the alternative is what? I mean,  what do you do when you've already pissed your pants?
    I’ve only seen people asking perfectly valid questions of the signings we’re making. If you’re happy with it then good for you, but ‘not those signings’ is really not an unreasonable thing to say if you think the quality of players isn’t good enough to get us promoted, is it?
    I can't say I've seen any of them play much - a bit like everyone else on this thread. Apart from the Udinese lad. I've been following all of his games for a while now.
    Big fan of the Irish league?
    Massive fan. My knowledge of Irish football is second only to my knowledge of Italian youth football.

Avanti!
    And west coast trains? 
    See what a little bit of continental influence can do do. Avanti just sounds so much better and more efficient.
  • edited September 2023
    Ben Ransom on Twatter is saying the Man City striker is finalising his loan move to Charlton or was it he's been kidnapped and being held to Ransom?
  • Bodies in is how I'd sum up today. Fingers crossed they're decent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

• I think the main thing I've taken away from today, if it stays like this, is they haven't sold any of the players worth anything.
  • SDAddick said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Leuth said:
    Sure are a lot of reliable sources out there 
    Indeed. I feel at times the only person who doesn’t know what’s going on!

Woke up this morning feeling very negative if I’m honest. The whole thing has been a shambles so far in my eyes. 

As said, what player worth their salt will sign with a long term view to a club with no manager, not knowing if the next manager rates them or wants to play a style that suits them?. So we effectively wrote off this week when we desperately needed to be putting proper foundations in for the next 18 months. 

It’s abundantly clear as well with so little business done since the takeover and with us scrabbling round for scraps on the last day with everyone else that there was no intention or financial ability of this group to come in and have a genuine push for promotion this year. 
    You’re right of course but when we’re only fishing in the ponds of free transfers, the unemployed and inexperienced kids on-loan then they may well be less discerning on where they sign up to for the next 9-months…
    We signed Taylor, Edun, and May for fees this off season. I would guess 2-3 League One clubs will pay fees today. We're playing in that pool because we're in League One. 
    Edun was a free with a sell on clause attached.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
  • Chunes said:
    We aren't building a squad either as we have players like CBT and Dobson, who are out of contract next year.
    Yes and that is a key point. Below are the senior players who will still be in contract next summer.

GK
    Isted
    AMB

DEF
    Jones
    Edun

MID
    Fraser
    Taylor
    T.Campbell

(Kirk)
    (McGrandles)

ATT
    May
    Leaburn

(Aneke)

-

We'll be playing youth players until the end of August again - and the cycle continues. 
    Businesses don’t change overnight. Football clubs are different but not entirely different. If this season is about stabilising and then getting promoted next year, that’s probably as good as it gets. I’m not saying that’s the plan, but it’s the only credible one.
  • No squabbling please, it's a big day for the 5 coming to our fantastic club, let's get behind the kids and see where this takes us!

• Leuth said:
    Why is this 'so shit'? Provided nobody good leaves, four in is probably one more than we all expected? And they seem like they might be pretty decent 
    If the Man City fella arrives, I would hope Kanu goes out on loan, but a late bid for CBT or Dobson ??
  • As it stands. 
    I predict a 10th place finish 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Can’t see Cardiff letting Etete go if they miss out on Kieffer Moore. 

• As it stands. 
    I predict a 10th place finish 
    I'm more inclined to go with the Kaiser Chiefs.
  • edited September 2023
    Much more to chew over than I expected. They all sound good signings on paper, but that’s so often the case with our transfers. It’ll take four or five games to get a real idea of where we go from here.
    Bring in the City fella and it’ll be clear a real effort has been made at least. Whether they’ve been stingy with the dough we’ll have to see. 
    This is L1, let’s see if there’s enough experience and grit in the squad to make a go of it. 
  • supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    played a few games a little clearer? Not saying they will have a few good games.
    they could well be crap. We don’t know until we’ve watched them.
    ipswich spent a fortune in their first window with new owners, and sacked the manager mid season.
    It took 3 more windows to get it right .
    imagine buying Piggot back. That makes him good because he cost money 😂 
  • CafcWest said:
    I was hoping we'd sign young master bate.

• sam3110 said:
    I think the main thing I've taken away from today, if it stays like this, is they haven't sold either of the players worth anything.
    Fixed
  • CafcWest said:
    I was hoping we'd sign young master bate.
    Just couldn't pull it off. 

• Never thought we had ever been after him?

it was The other one that went to Chelsea.
    Was it Kezman?
    Correct. He was our first choice before Rudd Gullit put him off Charlton.
    It was on Dutch tv at the time.