Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited September 2023
    This is so not Charlton Transfer Deadline Day stuff, maybe get a early night in rather than waiting for the usual 11pm..."we tried our best but cocked it up"....Reasonably ok with things so far, just need the Ladapo/Tedic deal sorted...✅

• DOUCHER said:
    sam3110 said:
    I think Tedic is the backup plan and Ladapo and Etete are number 1 and 2 on the list, but are a lot harder to finalise. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced late tonight with a deal sheet submitted early but not confirmed til we know we don't have the other targets
    If u r right then this window could be salvageable - no proven striker incoming and we r pissing in the wind 
    I was hoping that the terrible start alongside Aneke (Not confirmed) having another set-back would be enough to persuade the budget to be pushed out to get a proven striker, but that does not appear to be the case.

• Happy with things so far. Get Ladapo in and I'm chucking some dollar on a play off finish! 😁
  • DOUCHER said:
    sam3110 said:
    I think Tedic is the backup plan and Ladapo and Etete are number 1 and 2 on the list, but are a lot harder to finalise. I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced late tonight with a deal sheet submitted early but not confirmed til we know we don't have the other targets
    If u r right then this window could be salvageable - no proven striker incoming and we r pissing in the wind 

So you wouldn't be happy with May, Leaburn,Tedic,Kanu and the Campbell brother Ched and Tyrese plus CBT (if he is still here) attacking from the wing ? 
    Not all at the same time obviously 🧐
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be more fine with these loan incomings if they were additions who could flesh out a squad rather than, as it feels, players who we might need to lean on in no small part. And it definitely feels like we'll be seeing a lot of them.

That said, in JRS and Gallagher in recent years, we've had some great loans. We could have others again. We might not. It is miles too early to tell.
  • What is the average age of the squad, anyone know out of interest and how does it compare to the rest of the league?
    23.64 ours is currently which is ridiculous 
  • Another transfer window and it’s like an afternoon on BBC1. 
    Repair Shop and Bargain Hunt. 
  • Plaaayer said:
    What is the average age of the squad, anyone know out of interest and how does it compare to the rest of the league?
    We're building a squad the same way I do on FM. It normally works for me!
  • edited September 2023
    No news on outgoings re: Kirk etc.? 
  • So the yanks have no money either. Like Sandgaard & ESI before them. Mostly loans & frees with money paid for just May, Taylor & Edun - and some of that was from money we got for selling a couple of players.

All played out just as we were told it would. 
  • edited September 2023
    I just see Peterboro have an average squad age of 22.9!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB3
  • Sponsored links:

• Has JCH gone anywhere yet? 
  • Got to laugh at Cawley having to tweet this - He really stuck his neck above the parapet mentioning Ladapo earlier.
  • Plaaayer said:
    What is the average age of the squad, anyone know out of interest and how does it compare to the rest of the league?

Just as well our caretaker/interim manager is only 35 or he wouldn't understand the banter.
  • DOUCHER said:
    sam3110 said:

So you wouldn't be happy with May, Leaburn,Tedic,Kanu and the Campbell brother Ched and Tyrese plus CBT (if he is still here) attacking from the wing ? 
    Not really - I think an experienced striker with some physical presence and mobility would help the whole team - a regular first choice up top with May not a load of bits and pieces who might have a good game one week then be injured or having a dip off n form or a growth spurt 
  • MrBurns said:
    Has JCH gone anywhere yet? 
    Perhaps he's stuck in the Blackwall Tunnel  :o
  • DOUCHER said:
    sam3110 said:

Apart from May, they have played a handful of games and scored a handful of goals between them. So no.