Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• all very under whelmimg but I do think we will have enough to stave off relegation, maybe even a top half finish.
  • I’m just off to the cinema to see a couple of films, I’m hoping that by the time I get out, we’ve signed a team of Watsons!
    Wotsits more like!
  • Can see the profile we are singing on perms. Generally happy with those. Loans are always a gamble. We aren’t going to get instant promotion with this squad, but for a base to build in 2/3 years I think we have the right players. 
  • Chunes said:
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
    On the one hand I agree, but in the other we have May, Miles, Aneke, and Kanu, plus CBT, Campbell, and Campbell. Obviously one big problem with this squad is how they fit together, but I feel like we have a lot of attacking players. 
    Out of those only May, Kanu, Leaburn & Aneke are strikers. The last 2 aren't currently fit and if you are thinking of relying on Aneke to be a part of your matchday squad anytime soon then think again. 

At 3pm tomorrow we currently have just 2 fit strikers......still. 
    True, but if we want to play 4-3-3 I think two fit up front is fine given that after the international break Miles will probably be ready to be in the squad. We shouldn't sign a player for one game especially given that any player signed at this point can't play tomorrow anyway. 

Agree about Aneke, but he is still taking up space on the wage bill. 

A League One team having five out and out strikers who can pretty much only play striker must be incredibly rare. Especially given the other attacking talent we have. 

Yes, I hope we get another striker in that allows Kanu to go out in loan. But I also get that it's a lot of squad places and money on one position who we can play, at a max, two. 
    Do we want to play 4-3-3? Has that come from somewhere 

We need more than one formation to be successful. We need May nearer to Leaburn/ Tedic for example but if CBT is on the field he needs licence to take his man on and have less defensive duties.

Over a 100 minute match we would probably need to switch formations to suit the 11 on the pitch at the time. 

Maybe professionals footballers don't feel they should have to be at the training ground in the afternoon but until Charlton players stop playing like strangers then I would expect them to train in the morning and be drilled in the afternoon.

We are falling down on the basics.

Forget the golf or playing on line in the afternoon show that you are professional and want to play higher than the lower reaches of the 3rd tier.
  • Tedic on the way for his medical now.
  • edited September 2023
    I presume Man City saw someting in Tedic that ought to be enough for League One at least. A bit of straw clutching maybe, but they must have.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    But but I thought we had plenty of money! Was someone lied to? 
    Aren't you the richest man in the town? Why don't you sign the players?
  • What a shit state of affairs.
  • 'Did ok'

Superb.
  • sam3110 said:
    MrBurns said:

I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment. 
  • MrBurns said:
    sam3110 said:
    MrBurns said:

I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment. 
    As you can see this place is falling apart.
  • Never thought we had ever been after him?

it was The other one that went to Chelsea.
  • 173 minutes per goal for Tedic at Barnsley last season. Only made 4 starts, 17 appearances from the bench. Gives the impression that he was a bit of a super sub for the Tykes.
  • another younger player, not many experienced pros in our squad 
  • Sponsored links:

• He's one of our own, he's one of our own,
    Slobodan Tedic, he's one of our own.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Done it on the cheap with frees and young loans once again. Don’t let the PR from this mob fool you anymore. 

I obviously haven't been paying attention because have they ever said we were going to go down the Wigan or Ipswich route of the 21/22 season and outbid the other League 1 clubs ?

The 100+ point League 1 winners that Powell/ Chappel assembled was done on the cheap from the million or so we got from Jenkinson sale to Arsenal; Was it 16 new players !

Not defending the new owners or Charlie boy but since our demise from the Premier League and the parachute money went we have hit terra Firma hard.

The odious Chelsea fans don't have our problems.
  • It's very funny going on the Barnsley forum to get an opinion on Tedic, you open a thread of someone suggest they should go in for Ladapo and all the responses say they'd prefer Cosgrove.

Are football forums just echo chambers?
    So they should get Cosgrove, Tedic can go Derby and we'll take Ladapo. Perfect
  • I presume Man City saw someting in Tedic that ought to be enough for League One at least. A bit of straw clutching maybe, but they must have.
    You would hope so.  However, these Premiership teams seem to sweep up any youngsters who can kick a ball.
  • Never thought we had ever been after him?

it was The other one that went to Chelsea.
    Think van Bommel was always a suggested possibility on forums because we had Rommedahl

Dont think he was ever an actual rumour - Only Curbs could answer that one.
  • Ladapo has got wind purely because Cawley said he might be available this morning, that’s it, could well have never been a goer.
  • Disappointing if we don't get Ladapo. Feels like we're gambling big time.