Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• So if that one’s done, we are 2 out, 2 in so far this week?

In

Watson - Right / left back
    Watson - midfielder 

Out 

Payne - midfielder
    Mitchell - Centre Half / utility

Has the Luton Watson joined as I can't see the Thread for it ?
    Just got back on line after aeroplane mode and was hoping for the striker to be done as well.

The next 7 hours could be critical 😱
     It yet but Cawley says it’s done 
  • edited September 2023
    Anyone know if there are any strikers available called Watson?
  • Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
    Bollocks... Of all the predictions I get right it had to be this one!! - Missed out on a Pass by 8-Qs... I'll get it at the re-sit!!

Should be pleased I guess - Passed the first exam yesterday, and only got put on the Course on Tuesday, compared with everyone else who had a few weeks to prepare.

Least Deadline Day is going well for Charlton!!
    Was the 8-Qs ‘have you wrote a preview for Charlton v Fleetwood yet?’ :-)

hard luck mate, you’ll smash it next time 
  • So if that one’s done, we are 2 out, 2 in so far this week?

In

Watson - Right / left back
    Watson - midfielder 

Out 

Payne - midfielder
    Mitchell - Centre Half / utility

Has the Luton Watson joined as I can't see the Thread for it ?
    Just got back on line after aeroplane mode and was hoping for the striker to be done as well.

The next 7 hours could be critical 😱
     It yet but Cawley says it’s done 

Ok cheers AFKA 👍
  • edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Twitchy bum time. 
    Have you tried preparation H cream...🙄
  • TeeC said:
    Am I right in saying the Luton player will take us to 3 loans? So 2 remaining if we want to pick them all at the same time?
    probably the Udinese kid and Tadic/Ladapo will be the other two loans.
    If that’s the case does that mean we are unable to sign anymore loans this season?

If that’s correct someone has put all his eggs in one basket.
  • TeeC said:
    Am I right in saying the Luton player will take us to 3 loans? So 2 remaining if we want to pick them all at the same time?
    probably the Udinese kid and Tadic/Ladapo will be the other two loans.
    If that’s the case does that mean we are unable to sign anymore loans this season?

If that’s correct someone has put all his eggs in one basket.
    No you can sign more than 5 but can't name more than 5 in one squad. A couple of years ago we have 6 or even 7 on the books 
  • Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    Who was responsible for signing him in the first place and Kirk 
  • Sponsored links:

• Now on official Twiiter about watson
  • keep em coming pls...
  • kentred2 said:
    Sage said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.

Only 11 left? 
    Is the answer Ness is the odd one out because his name is not in white font?  :)
  • Not really transfer news, but was wondering, would anyone have a clue what the starting line up might be, if they were writing a match preview?
    Would love to see two Watsons, two Campbells and two Taylors starting. @KillersBeard would have a meltdown!
  • Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    Bowyer signed DJ. Adkins signed Kirk
  • fenaddick said:
    lovely stuff, don’t think Rich would put this out if there was a chance 
    So did Brennan of Forest & he's now speeding down the M1 to Tottenham. 

To get to Huddersfield for 11pm on a Friday you'd probably need to set off by 7pm. So still plenty of time for CBT to leave. 
  • I always rated Kendall Waston - huge CB who played in the MLS for Vancouver Whitecaps & has 74 caps for Costa Rica - would have been a great signing if only to confuse the hell out of Brian Cole

Anyway, Watson is a very prominent surname in our family history my dad & my son had/have it as a middle name, so all good here.
  • edited September 2023
    fenaddick said:
    lovely stuff, don’t think Rich would put this out if there was a chance 
    So did Brennan of Forest & he's now speeding down the M1 to Tottenham. 

To get to Huddersfield for 11pm on a Friday you'd probably need to set off by 7pm. So still plenty of time for CBT to leave. 
    Plenty of time yes but if a deal was anywhere close you’d think he’d be kept out of training as a precaution.

Could imagine it’s perfect Charlton to agree a big fee for a player then he can’t sign because he pulls a hammy in training on deadline day.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Burstow going to Sunderland on loan
    Thought he's off to AC Milan?! 

Sunderland, The Nissan of the Northeast. 

• Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    DJ scored a brilliant goal against us at The Valley. Turned out to be the highlight of his career. 
  • Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
    Bollocks... Of all the predictions I get right it had to be this one!! - Missed out on a Pass by 8-Qs... I'll get it at the re-sit!!

Should be pleased I guess - Passed the first exam yesterday, and only got put on the Course on Tuesday, compared with everyone else who had a few weeks to prepare.

Least Deadline Day is going well for Charlton!!
    I've been doing Agile for 15 years so if you ever need someone as a sounding board let me know FA! 
  • Are these 2 x confirmed transfers today - really today or just stage managed PR for today?

Just curious really.
  • Oakster2 said:
    I always rated Kendall Waston - huge CB who played in the MLS for Vancouver Whitecaps & has 74 caps for Costa Rica - would have been a great signing if only to confuse the hell out of Brian Cole

Anyway, Watson is a very prominent surname in our family history my dad & my son had/have it as a middle name, so all good here.
    Absolute unit that man. 
  • Are these 2 x confirmed transfers today - really today or just stage managed PR for today?

Just curious really.
    Doesn't matter
  • SDAddick said:
    Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
    On the one hand I agree, but in the other we have May, Miles, Aneke, and Kanu, plus CBT, Campbell, and Campbell. Obviously one big problem with this squad is how they fit together, but I feel like we have a lot of attacking players. 
    Out of those only May, Kanu, Leaburn & Aneke are strikers. The last 2 aren't currently fit and if you are thinking of relying on Aneke to be a part of your matchday squad anytime soon then think again. 

At 3pm tomorrow we currently have just 2 fit strikers......still. 

Just curious really.
    Don’t know about Louie but Tennai was signed yesterday but announced today 
  • sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    Cheaper to pay off than Aneke at least
    Plus, think of the wonders it'll do for this year's budget!