Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Wouldn't mind seeing a front two partnership of Watson and Holmes. 
  • Ladapo is this season's strop/saviour I see.
  • Wouldn't mind seeing a front two partnership of Watson and Holmes. 
    I'd prefer Marple and Poirot myself
  • Chunes said:
    Cawley said there had been little interest in DJ, so likely he'll be hanging around.
    cant fleece him to national league club? no deadline day for them right?
  • Never thought we had ever been after him?

it was The other one that went to Chelsea.
    Think van Bommel was always a suggested possibility on forums because we had Rommedahl

Dont think he was ever an actual rumour - Only Curbs could answer that one.
    We were linked with him, at least in here

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2297962/van-bommel-move-dashed
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Are football forums just echo chambers?
    Are football forums just echo chambers?
    Chambers... chambers... chambers....
  • 173 minutes per goal for Tedic at Barnsley last season. Only made 4 starts, 17 appearances from the bench. Gives the impression that he was a bit of a super sub for the Tykes.
    Even if all 4 were in his 17 sub appearances that doesn't scream super-sub to me. And with 17 of his 21 appearances being off the bench it screams "give that lad a bit of game time" or "throw on the tall lad & see if he can nick us a goal". 

For super-sub see David Fairclough.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Disappointing if we don't get Ladapo. Feels like we're gambling big time.
    The gamble is, we wait around to see if Ipswich get Gelhardt, allowing us to go for Ladapo - Or we turn our attention to others with time to spare, so we can get any Striker.

The risk after all is we wait for Ladapo, who Ipswich don't let go, and we're left with no one.

Bit like when the DJ to Mansfield deal fell through.

Of course we shouldnt have left it this long, we should have paid up for Nombe or Clarke-Harris, we wont have signed Ladapo on a perm deal, because Ipswich have long indicated they're not letting him go, until they have adequate cover.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    If we can close the day with Overmars and Ketzman, I think we’ll be in a good position.
    And Darren Purse, just to keep things tight at the back.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Ladapo is this season's strop/saviour I see.
    Ladapo vs Prem young loanee I think is an easy choice. 

Ladapo every time. When was the last time we had a decent scoring loanee?
    There might be a chance Ladapo doesn't fancy coming to an unstable club, who talk more about promotion, rather than actually threaten it.

JRS scored more than a few. 
  • We could want Ladapo all we want, but if Derby are on the table then he’s going there ain’t he.
    I live near Derby
    Most of it is a shit hole
    Get him a pad in Blackheath/Greenwich/Docklands

No comparison !
  • edited September 2023
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

JRS last season
     Sorry I meant as in an out and out striker. But you probably gathered that from the comparison to Ladapo. 
  • Does anybody know if any of our new (or expected) signings/loans are left footed?
  • I presume Man City saw someting in Tedic that ought to be enough for League One at least. A bit of straw clutching maybe, but they must have.
    You would hope so.  However, these Premiership teams seem to sweep up any youngsters who can kick a ball.

As I said the other day when Slobadan Tedic name was first mentioned, both him and the Illic brothers were purchased by City from Serbia and none of the 3 got anywhere near the 1st team other than in the Gym on occasions.

The conveyor belt at City, Chelsea etc is international and they need a myriad of Tracey Leaburn's as well as interpreters for the masses of players that pass through.
  • Never thought we had ever been after him?

it was The other one that went to Chelsea.
    Was it Kezman?
  • Ladapo has become the measurement of a bad window, never mind that we don't know anything about the other signings. Seriously, I don't think we are that far away from having a squad that can compete and the full back cover has now been addressed. If the Irish centre half from Udinese is incoming that's a bonus, my only gripe would be relatively young age of the squad.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

JRS last season
    Sorry I meant as in an out and out striker. 
    Nope, we injure them once they start to look promising! 
  • Right, visiting a friend now. Be good you 'orrible lot, and don't freak out too much when they sell Dobson 
  • Fingers crossed a bit of magic is done in the last few hours but for me the reason I feel so underwhelmed is not only do I not feel we have a top six squad this season I don't see many signs of this being the first window of building one.
  • So we've got the Udinese Lad
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

JRS last season
     Sorry I meant as in an out and out striker. But you probably gathered that from the comparison to Ladapo. 
    Fair enough. Had a quick look on Wikipedia, I don’t think we’ve had many on loan - Burstow but that’s a bit different. Stockley scored enough for us to sign him permanently.

Before that you have to go back to 17/18 when we loaned Dodoo, Mavididi and Zyro.
  • This lad is either going to be the next Conor Gallagher / Rak-Sakyi or a huge massive disappointment.
  • Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

JRS last season
    Fair enough. Had a quick look on Wikipedia, I don’t think we’ve had many on loan - Burstow but that’s a bit different. Stockley scored enough for us to sign him permanently.

Before that you have to go back to 17/18 when we loaned Dodoo, Mavididi and Zyro.
    Kind of my point, we have landed on a striker that did okay last season, instead of one that is known to do well at this level.