Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited September 2023
  • I'll admit I'm surprised that we're getting a few in. Experienced players who play  regularly for clubs in higher leagues were never our targets and would not come to a club hovering just outside the relegation zone in L1 with no manager anyway. That's the reality of our predicament.

I'm worried that we won't have leaders on the pitch, but if Tedic is next in, I'm hoping a Carl Leaburn / Paul Williams type partnership might develop with either him or Miles alongside May.
  • Abankwah is the fifth piece of a potentially overhauled back five.

Isted, Watson, Abankwah, Jones and Edun
  • We have been saying for ages to sign a striker. Still to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got mixed feelings so far. Striker aside, CB, RB and a CM to cover injury to Fraser abd Camara are exactly the POSITIONS we needed covering. So that is actually pretty good and shows that SOMEONE has some genuine football knowledge.

But on the other hand, we've gone for very young/inexperienced (I.e., CHEAP) options for all three. Plus the striker situation is bordering on the tragicomic with how long its ongoing.
  • Surprised by that. They have youngsters like Baggott and Humphries that I expected would be loaned out today at the very least.
  • How's Stockton been doing since his move out of interest?
  • Would definitely soften the blow if Ladapo didn’t leave Ipswich 
  • LTKapal said:
    How's Stockton been doing since his move out of interest?
    We will see tomorrow when he will score no doubt! 
  • Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Agreed. Blindly accept whatever players are signed.
    Said absolutely nobody ..... but anyway, the alternative is what? I mean,  what do you do when you've already pissed your pants?
    Shit yourself for good measure
  • Great point
  • How can any of you say that the window has been good, bad or indifferent. Until the players have arrived, got match fit, and worked with the new manager we just don't know. At least the SMT  have brought in a good number of players, we have the quantity let's wait and see if we have the quality
    Agree with this. Last summer I felt very underwhelmed and had no idea how Rak Sakyi and Leaburn would be the standouts.

This season I am hopeful for the same, that some of the nobody's become somebody's. I don't expect better than mid table, becaise we've got mid table owners. 

Let's get a new gaffer and see where these players end up in May. 
  • Surprised by that. They have youngsters like Baggott and Humphries that I expected would be loaned out today at the very least.

I expected Baggott to go somewhere in League 1 for sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    LTKapal said:
    For Burton against Exeter?
  • Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Said absolutely nobody ..... but anyway, the alternative is what? I mean,  what do you do when you've already pissed your pants?
    I’ve only seen people asking perfectly valid questions of the signings we’re making. If you’re happy with it then good for you, but ‘not those signings’ is really not an unreasonable thing to say if you think the quality of players isn’t good enough to get us promoted, is it?
  • RedRobin said:
    LTKapal said:
    Are you saying he will score against us tomorrow?

doesn't he play for burton and we are playing Fleetwood?
  • sam3110 said:
    Off_it said:
    Smithy said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shit yourself for good measure
    Yeah, I guess that's the only option left - go proper nuclear.
  • edited September 2023
    Come on... 3.5 hours to announce something decent... Or Tedic. 
  • When we have given Kirk and Aneke long contracts its been a disaster so maybe at this stage we need to be a tad circumspect as some poor decision making in the last few years including not going for Sorba Thomas when we had first dibs for the Boreham wood player who is an established Championship player now.
  • Maybe Andy Scott thinks he’s bringing in players to play for our U21 team 
  • I reckon tomorrow’s attendance will be below 10k