Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.
  • Yann897 said:
    CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Both Watsons on the left ? I bet the club will be happy
    Starting lineup for tmw?
    7–3? Interesting formation. 
  • CBT has been training at Sparrows Lane today

Maybe someone can put names to these players for the people who don’t recognize them please.
    Back row: Tennai Watson, Terry Taylor, Michael Hector, Terrell Thomas, Lucas Ness, Alfie May, Tyreece Campbell, Ashley Maynard-Brewer

Front row: Nathan Asiimwe, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Karoy Anderson
  • The guy who posted that tweet about Fosu has literally said in the replies that he just included his name because he's a free agent. Surely he gets a Championship move
  • Taylor hinting at the number of incomings in that picture.
  • Watson, Taylor, Hector, Thomas, Ness, May, T.Campbell, AMB top row
    Asiimwe, Blackett-Taylor, Anderson bottom row. 
  • Apparently the players already have a nickname for Tennai and its really made me laugh - "Twenty-B"
  • sam3110 said:
    That pic *almost* works as an XI but it’s a central midfielder light… it has five defenders and three forwards.
    343 with wingbacks? 
    I suppose that could work, feels clunky though! 

With a 3-4-3 you want more Fraser/Payne types because the wing backs already supply width, rather than wing backs overlapping wingers.
    More Fraser/Payne types?  Injured and out on loan. Really helpful.
  • sam3110 said:
    Fosu isn't coming here! Been on a prem wage for a couple of years, will get into many championship sides too
    Which one then? He’s had all summer and not joined anyone. He was a prem wage but he’s currently on a lot less than minimum wage 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently the players already have a nickname for Tennai and its really made me laugh - "Twenty-B"
    I thought Tennai were lady pants
  • sam3110 said:
    Fosu isn't coming here! Been on a prem wage for a couple of years, will get into many championship sides too
    Which one then? He’s had all summer and not joined anyone. He was a prem wage but he’s currently on a lot less than minimum wage 
    If you’re still a free agent now then you’re better off waiting until after the deadline. Then you are one of only a few players left available and can get a better deal from a desperate team. So we’ll probably sign him next week 
  • sam3110 said:
    I'm not saying he's signing, but what wages he's been on doesn't matter - he's currently on zero wages.
  • Why is Watson not very good at poker? Because the best hand he can make is Tennai. 
  • edited September 2023
    How’s everyone doing on transfer deadline day, cool, calm and collected, or frazzled and fed up with it all?
  • NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you’re still a free agent now then you’re better off waiting until after the deadline. Then you are one of only a few players left available and can get a better deal from a desperate team. So we’ll probably sign him next week 
    From the clubs perspective you are better signing free agents today as some clubs will miss out on targets and therfore be back in the free agent pool 
  • How’s everyone doing on transfer deadline day, cool, calm and collected, or frazzled and fed up with it all?

Continuing the theme of the last month or so; severely underwhelmed. Hope the business picks up into this evening but also not surprised this is the reality in the same vein 
  • Sponsored links:

• PLEASE SIGN A STRIKER!
  • NabySarr said:
    sam3110 said:
    I get your point but you also risk clubs signing a loan player or backup option instead. See plenty of free agents sign at a lower level than expected after the deadline
  • RC saying Watson from luton done. 
  • Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
  • .Bailey said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    Of course he does :(
    Chuks has very fit hands though, never the sniff of a finger strain when he signed that contact.
    Are you saying he was hiding an injury when he signed the contract? If not I don’t get what you mean, sorry. 
  • edited September 2023
  • Genuinely can't believe we have left it this late into the window to get a striker considering what happened this time last year
    On the one hand I agree, but in the other we have May, Miles, Aneke, and Kanu, plus CBT, Campbell, and Campbell. Obviously one big problem with this squad is how they fit together, but I feel like we have a lot of attacking players. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    .Bailey said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    Of course he does :(
    Chuks has very fit hands though, never the sniff of a finger strain when he signed that contact.
    Are you saying he was hiding an injury when he signed the contract? If not I don’t get what you mean, sorry. 
    I think he means he's never had a finger injury at least...
  • Will we have more midfielders than owners?