Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• ValleyBen said:
    Here is a crazy idea, go get Ladapo without selling one of our best players on the cheap, you know, have a serious crack at promotion.
    Nice idea but not going to happen with these chancers 
  • Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
    If you fail do you get a BenWatsonPM certificate instead?
  • CaptainBob you have made me laugh out loud. 
    Absolutely outstanding.
  • Right - I'm off for two hours to fail an AgilePM exam so if the news can stop for a while, that'll be much appreciated
    Need a job we are hiring an Agile PM
    WTF is AgilePM ???

Properly made me spit out my drink. Roll in the LOLs!
  • SDAddick said:
    Bailey said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    Of course he does :(
    Chuks has very fit hands though, never the sniff of a finger strain when he signed that contact.
    Good for him. He didn't offer himself that contract. And as a professional athlete offered a contract, I don't know any who would think "I don't know, what if I can't stay fit? Better stay on my current deal than sign for 3.5 years and secure my future for 3.5 more years and beyond." 

You are probably right SD, unfortunately I care a little more about the welfare of my club rather than Chuks welfare. 
  • Sounds like we could do with an AgilePM to plan our transfer windows in the future 
  • Sounds like we could do with an AgilePM to plan our transfer windows in the future 
    Don't you mean a PO or Scrum Master!?
  • DOUCHER said:
    sam3110 said:
    I imagine Bates' wages would be a big issue
    Yes, if Leeds aren't contributing then same for all league 1 clubs and he's not allowed to move to championship so they've effectively trapped him as bench fodder which is a real shame - he would have run through brick walls for us - he regularly wins the top trainer stats at Leeds and had a very good loan spell at Oxford - would have been perfect all round.     
    In fact i've got further info on that - all i can say is i hope Watson is good because the difference in outlay from Charlton on both players is minimal in the grand scheme of things - Lewis is gutted. Have to get behind Watson now though, its not his fault. 
  • Sponsored links:

WTF is AgilePM ???

*Rocky theme tune intensifies*
  • Have we signed a striker yet?
  • Seen Derby fans saying Louie Watson's ceiling is league two. Will obviously give him a chance but frustrating if it's between him and Bate

• Kyle Edwards has signed for Oxford.
  • edited September 2023

• Trying to keep up today, miss a few pages and lo and behold a picture of Boris 😱 is that what we’ve come to as a latest suggested signing!!
    Not sure he’d pass a medical with those moves
  • Croydon said:
    Kyle Edwards has signed for Oxford.
    Another good signing for them
  • Croydon said:
    Good signing, they're putting together a decent side.
  • I was hoping we'd sign young master bate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Croydon said:
    Good signing, they're putting together a decent side.
    BuT tHeY wOnT aMoUnT tO aNyThInG according to some on here...

They are doing what I hoped we would, a fast start and getting some young and exciting players in. 

Maybe that was Methven's plan all along, scupper our chances and help pave the way for his beloved Oxford to get promoted!
  • CafcWest said:
    I was hoping we'd sign young master bate.
    Just couldn't pull it off. 
    Was pretty hard
    All the best on the exam mate. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    I'm also hearing that Chucks has a new injury FFS!
    It has to be a mental thing with him now rather than physical.

He's been out for what seems like months with a calf injury. 

Christian Eriksen almost died on the pitch and returned quicker than him.
    and Steve Austin
  • sam3110 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Watson has a brother – Noah – who is in Crystal Palace’s academy.’
    Might as well sign him too, then we’ll have three Watsons. Elementary. 
    Then sign Tony Watt and Hueng Min Song, so we can have Watson, Watson, Watt, Son, Watson
    What’s Matty Holmes up to these days?
  • Hearing we are currently in negotiation with a  Striker from Basildon utd.

Only sticking point is whether we are willing to pay the ULEZ on his 09 Renault Megane?
    I believe we have reached a compromise by offering to buy him a bike