Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• As for loan players coming into CAFC, I'm disappointed when they are not from the top half of the premier league establishment/ long term academies of premier clubs . Those players must have been scrutinised so much its a high % likelihood of being a successful loan. The others, well they may be hidden gems, or may suit us better in our system (whatever that is atm) , but my level of scepticism goes higher.Are they any better than players we have here. etc.

PS Dylan Levitt doesn't fit my case, so please ignore him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I expected a more experienced CB coming in if I'm being honest. This feels like a gamble but the reports from Ireland do sound quite promising. 
  • Remember everyone was getting hugely excited about Luc Ness back in January when he was getting MoMs
  • edited September 2023
    Croydon said:
    Cawley:

Not had confirmation on this, but sounding like #cafc could be set to sign Udinese centre-back James Abankwah on loan. Republic of Ireland U21 international.
    Based purely off his appearances at senior level, this seems a very odd signing. 
    Same with the Louie Watson rumour. Neither have much experience to add to our already inexperienced squad. Yes the likes of Rak-Sakyi and Gallagher mean it's not always necessary but it all sounds like we're doing things on the cheap.
    Pretty clear we're doing things on the cheap. So far today, 2 kids on loan and an out of contract full back who was last at MK Dons, isn't exactly blowing the budget.

I'd be amazed if our wage bill isn't now lower than it was last year.

It's going to go one of 2 ways. Too many kids means we'll either completely fold in some games due to a lack of experience, or we'll take the league by storm with a young, exuberant, fearless side playing a progressive style of football.
  • Remember everyone was getting hugely excited about Luc Ness back in January when he was getting MoMs
    Point being? (Said in a polite voice)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Striker still feels like the key piece , if we have played the waiting game perfectly and get Ladapo then that's pretty good work from Scott , not too sure about Tedic. 
    would prefer Etete to Tedic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair the CB does sound exciting, doesn't mean he will be any good mind but must be better than a Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce type CB
  • I really hope I’m wrong but I think the CBT interest has been put out by us. We don’t have £££ to spend purely frees/loans. We will try to get ladapo on loan but if it fails come out and say we turned down bid from championship club for CBT due to being unable to bring our main target it etc.

• Croydon said:
    Cawley:

Not had confirmation on this, but sounding like #cafc could be set to sign Udinese centre-back James Abankwah on loan. Republic of Ireland U21 international.
    Based purely off his appearances at senior level, this seems a very odd signing. 
    Same with the Louie Watson rumour. Neither have much experience to add to our already inexperienced squad. Yes the likes of Rak-Sakyi and Gallagher mean it's not always necessary but it all sounds like we're doing things on the cheap.
    I don't know that I would say our squad is inexperienced. Hector, Thomas, Jones, Watson, Dobbo, Fraser, Camara, May, Aneke, CBT all very experienced.

AMB and TC entering their second years as first team regulars (third for AMB if you count Ross County).

Asiimwe, Anderson, and Kanu are all very inexperienced, although the former two are quite promising. But after today/when players coming back from injury I expect all three to be on the fringes of the first team soon. 
  • As for loan players coming into CAFC, I'm disappointed when they are not from the top half of the premier league establishment/ long term academies of premier clubs . Those players must have been scrutinised so much its a high % likelihood of being a successful loan. The others, well they may be hidden gems, or may suit us better in our system (whatever that is atm) , but my level of scepticism goes higher.Are they any better than players we have here. etc.

PS Dylan Levitt doesn't fit my case, so please ignore him.
    Matt Smith, Nile John, Juan Castillo, Abdul Razak, Frimpong... 

Not convinced about this theory!
    I'm ignoring them as well