Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."
    Shut up with this shit. It does my fucking head in. It doesn’t even make sense. 
    Yes, we need to sign players, but ideally they would be good enough. 

Let me give you an example: 
    ‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

If it was ‘Sign ANY striker. No not that one’ you might have a point. 

We all know Bonne is shit. Poor example.
    Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.
    Because they’re not household names, they’re already shit!
    If they’re shite they’re shite.
    I for one won’t judge until they’ve had a good few games.

They might never "have a good few games"

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

That's the issue.  Oh, plus we've spent about 25p and a packet of polos..... 
    such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

Do you think ANY of their actions add up to supporting their claims currently?

I don't. 

But sit there praying for a miracle if you like.
    Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    Bullshit, I've not been scammed by anyone, and if anything I'm asking to be in on the supposed bad news by demanding that the sales doc be out in public. 

You haven't seen what is in this document either so you're literally just taking someone else's word for it anyway, maybe you've been taken in by someone with an agenda, who knows?
  • I think we've filled all the major gaps in our squad and moved on some of the deadwood. The truth is none of us know if it's good enough for promotion. We're all gonna have to wait and see.
    Yes, exciting times ahead. (Insert emoji of your choice). Just hope the new manager is happy with these players & not asking Scott to get rid of half of them in January. 

• edited September 2023
    I think we've filled all the major gaps in our squad and moved on some of the deadwood. The truth is none of us know if it's good enough for promotion. We're all gonna have to wait and see.
    Deep down I think you know.
  • It appears only bit of business left is whether Kirk will stay or go before end of the window.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

Most on here, like me will have never seen some of these players play, possibly never heard of them.

That's the issue

A bunch of unproven, inexperienced young players will not enable our own unproven, inexperienced young players to force our way into the Top 6.

such a negative spin it’s a joke, I wonder why some of you even bother with Charlton. 
    SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I am within my rights to point out the bleeding obvious.   You may be happy with getting worse season on season.

We were promised money would be spent.  Boasts of "Billionaires" and a desire that CAFC only makes sense in the upper half of the Championship. 

I don't. 

Can you find me where Methven said money would be spent ? ( some has clearly ) but I’d also like to read that.. I remember him saying we’d be run sensibly with a good senior management team. That’s what a lot of people wanted, we’ve signed good players now we have to wait and see what they can do once we get a manager in and a few players back fit.
    You’re right, according to his sales doc his plan is to slash costs by £7-8m and gain promotion. Cloud cuckoo but he’ll spin it out until we all realise we’ve been done over. I mean step back for a moment. The worst start to a season for decades, the first team to sack their manager this season and signed a load of young players with a handful of senior games between them. I know it’s hard to admit things are going so badly wrong so early and hope is already fading of promotion but don’t sugar coat it. Friends who support other teams are messaging me saying WTF. I think we need to wake up to reality.
    WHAT SALES DOC
    The one that’s been seen by trusted people who care for this club. I know it’s easier to discredit it rather than wake up to the fact that this lot are no good for us. I know we don’t deserve this bad luck but don’t attack the people who care about this club.
    But if it's that bad and the people care for the club that much, they have to share it. If no-one shares it, there's no point referring to it, you may as well refer to the zodiac signs or tarot cards, or a mischievous little green leprechaun that only you can see and hear, for all it's worth.
    Because the person who shared it with the people who are Charlton through and through didn’t want to reveal who leaked it. It’s fine, put your fingers in your ears and carry on shouting I don’t want to hear bad news. When people get scammed they will do anything but admit that they were taken in by it all.
    How am I being scammed and how do I stop being scammed?
    Charlie and his minions giving us all false hope with made up spin. A few protests will put the pressure on him and the investors will sell up quicker rather than this being something that drags on for years.
    Ridiculous… … we have a sad bunch of followers ( not calling them supporters) 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley
    That’s it then, just kids. Not a promotion squad.
    Bore off..you don't have a clue what will happen with 41 games left.

Honestly, what a ridiculous statement
    Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley

To be fair, a lot of people predicted what would happen in the transfer window - and it has. 
    Which is what? Us not signing players? Think Tedic makes 10 unless I'm wrong? 

If not those players, what ones? The expensive ones, the overpriced ones? 

Most on here will only want players they have heard of because otherwise there shit. 

• edited September 2023
    At what point does a kid become a man in football? Bielik was 21 and Josh Cullen 23 when we had them. I need to see these loans play to pass judgment, but bore off with saying that youth can’t help us move forward. Especially as we have experience in every part of the team from strike force down to defense to help mentor them
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

WHAT SALES DOC
    Charlie and his minions giving us all false hope with made up spin. A few protests will put the pressure on him and the investors will sell up quicker rather than this being something that drags on for years.
    No chance of protests any time soon mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Doubt Kirk is going anywhere now. Down to him to prove himself to the new manager now. 
  • I think we've filled all the major gaps in our squad and moved on some of the deadwood. The truth is none of us know if it's good enough for promotion. We're all gonna have to wait and see.
    Deep down I think you know.
    I wish I did, but I don't. We'll see soon enough.
  • JCH goes Bristol Rovers, Peterborough bring in Ladapo to replace him.

Absolute meltdown on here and twitter 
    We sell Leaburn and buy both Ladapo and JCH? 
  • If Tedic is done it’s a decent day in terms of getting players in in the positions we need. I’d like a left back too, myself, because I wouldn’t want to play Thomas there every week if Edun gets a bad injury but I accept that’s not part of the “plan”. 

Disappointed they are all loans. And a little concerned that the squad will be so young, but they do all seem to have decent pedigree and if it all clicks with our own youngsters it could be quite exciting.

Would have been better if we’d got some of this done sooner too. 

I don’t expect this will get us promoted but I hope to be proven wrong. 
    Good news! Watson the full back has signed on a two year contract.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    This is a gut feeling, but I just think we MUST go with 2 up top, whatever that looks like whether it’s 352/442.  I just think that’s what’s most effective in this hellhole of a league.  
    Except all those pesky clubs that keep getting promoted with 433.
    Did you miss the bit where I said gut feeling.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

WHAT SALES DOC
    Bullshit, I've not been scammed by anyone, and if anything I'm asking to be in on the supposed bad news by demanding that the sales doc be out in public. 

You haven't seen what is in this document either so you're literally just taking someone else's word for it anyway, maybe you've been taken in by someone with an agenda, who knows?
    No, you’re probably right. Airman and Cardinal Sin have taken me in with their special agenda. Makes sense. 
  • Bet Peterborough sell JCH and get Ladapo it wld be an ideal replacement late on
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley

Mike said:
    Tedic done - Cawley

To be fair, a lot of people predicted what would happen in the transfer window - and it has. 
    I think that is being a bit economical with the truth. A lot of people were declaring that nothing would happen, then we would only have two players in and two out. I appreciate that people think we should be spending millions but I think that was never going to happen. With that in mind people who wanted the club to splash out, were never going to be happy. My opinion is in this division, if you splash out you better know what your doing because if it fails you can sidled with that mistake for a lot of years, Kirk, Aneke are pretty good examples of that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

WHAT SALES DOC
    Was this made up spin in the sales document or another source you haven't seen?
  • Peterborough will have something up their sleeve for 10:30 or something to replace JCH as they loaned out Tshimanga too. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Some of these youngsters have played just a handful of senior games. One or two in a starting line up is fine but this is ridiculous. We all knew Methven’s plan of slashing costs and getting promotion is laughable but it’s no loss to him if it fails, he’s already made his money from the deal. Expect more spin until a fire sale when the investors realise they’ve been had.
    When you say some of these youngsters .

Louie Watson has 18+ games in the championship so a league above us.

Abankwah only has a few games under his belt but in serie A against Juventus of all teams, so he clearly has something about him.

Tanai Watson is a good established league one player and not a youngster.

Tedic was bought by Man City for 3m has 100+ senior appearances and was in the Dutch top flight only two seasons ago .

there ya go with a slight positive spin for a change.
    FC Zwolle 38 games Two goals.

That’s a rip roaring goal scoring performance.

To be fair to him both seasons he played there, the top scorer for the whole team only got 6, and one season that player was Reza
    Reza was top scorer for Zwolle two seasons on the spin with 6 both seasons.Still a better return than Tedic.

• edited September 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Peterborough will have something up their sleeve for 10:30 or something to replace JCH as they loaned out Tshimanga too. 
    Probably a Serbian lad from Man City knowing us
  •  Bring in other teams young players no need for our academy?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Peterborough will have something up their sleeve for 10:30 or something to replace JCH as they loaned out Tshimanga too. 
    Ladapo
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    Yann897 said:
    supaclive said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Uboat said:
    Off_it said:
    "Sign more players."

"No, not those players."

‘Sign a striker’
    *Club signs Bonne*
    ‘No. Not that one.’
    What’s the problem? 

That's the issue

SPIN ???!

Methven uses SPIN

I don't. 

Have we bollox.
    We've basically signed anyone mad enough to put pen to paper. Who worth their salt would really show up for an outfit with no manager?

This will be a shit show of cataclysmic proportions, even for us!
    Iv seen so many other fans say they’re jealous about the business we’ve done but Charlton fans are just never happy.
    Do you think these signings now give us enough to get promoted @yann897 ?
    I think a lot of it will come down to getting Leaburn, Fraser and Camara back fit personally and no one really knows how the new lads will get on with the exception of Tanai Watson who we’ve seen play. But what it does do is gives us options and a squad.

Keep taking the tablets.