Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Uboat said:
    It’s been quite clear for a while that there isn’t mountains of money to spend on overhauling the squad so I don’t understand when folks get so irate about the situation.
    You don’t get why having a shit 3rd division team would make people irate?

We've been that club for near enough ten years now. I suppose I'm past the point of being angry about it.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    "Yeah he's good, quick, strong, intelligent, able to pass with either foot and dribble out with the ball. He's a CB but is currently playing at RB, he'd be perfect in a 3 at the back system." An Irish view on Abankwah, Clare's replacement?
    If only we had someone good to play on the left of a 3 then we’d be sorted 
  • Pearce may not have been a great footballer, but he undoubtedly was and is a leader.
    Transferable skills mate.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Try saying ‘Abankwah’ three times quickly, after a couple of pints 
    My sofa just started floating
    My wife dropped my trousers.
  • Uboat said:
    It’s been quite clear for a while that there isn’t mountains of money to spend on overhauling the squad so I don’t understand when folks get so irate about the situation.
    You don’t get why having a shit 3rd division team would make people irate?

We've been that club for near enough ten years now. I suppose I'm past the point of being angry about it.
    Since 2006 when Curbs turned it in, minus three years with Powell and Bowyer.
    We have gone from a club to be looked up to and now being laughed at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    Sounds like we’ve been after him for six weeks and he’s been holding out on us. Not sure what more can be done in situations like that.
    You do what 91 other league teams do & sign someone else.
    Like the crocked Sessegnon or Dabo? Or re-sign Clare? Or maybe bring back Todd Kane?
  • edited September 2023
    supaclive said:
    Because Charlie Boy and his group have been telling fans (who then tell us), there is plenty of money available.

Therefore if there is little cash we've been played again and the only people going to enjoy the next year are CM and the group who will be trousering significant salaries!

Whilst we continue to suffer and be lied to.

That's why.

Sadly.

I never believed the whispers for a second. And I don't think most others (including you?) did either. We've had too many false dawns to take anyone decent at face value, let alone Charlie Methven.

Regardless, some money has been spent. But not as much as most will have wanted.
  • sam3110 said:
    Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    Sounds like we’ve been after him for six weeks and he’s been holding out on us. Not sure what more can be done in situations like that.
    You do what 91 other league teams do & sign someone else.
    Like the crocked Sessegnon or Dabo? Or re-sign Clare? Or maybe bring back Todd Kane?
    The Sess who signed for Wigan? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pearce may not have been a great footballer, but he is undoubtedly was and is a leader.
    Leader I'll give you but he wasn't some sort of defensive organisational mastermind that some make out.  
    No one claimed he was.

But he was captain at Wembley and has played in the Championship for us and others.

He was also captain at most of his other clubs.

Not the greatest player but made the most of his talents which is just what you want from a manager.

Personally, I hope he gives Fleetwood a thrashing and then steps back into his U21 role to continue his own development as a coach.

But wasn't in the starting 11...

He played over 150 games for us and I can't recall more than a handful where he "organised" some sort of defensive reguard masterclass.  Which was my original point.

Ironically his best run of games for us, IMO, was at the start of the championship season when it was like the Alemo.  It was also the season he played most games for us.

Great leader?  No arguments for me.  Great organisation of the back four?  Not in my book.  Sorry.

My favourite memories of him where one on one battles, especially Mitravic and, I think Wyke at Sunderland.
    I’d love the 2016 version of JP in the defence and as captain now.  Even the 2021 version would be better than most of what we have now . 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Genuine question: If he is a brilliant young centre back that they really value highly. Why would Udinese think, “I know who we’ll send him to, that random side in League One in England without a manager who have started the season really badly.”
    Probably his agent is a mate of Scott’s.
  • Given CBT almost went in January to Wigan this doesn't especially surprise me that there is Championship interest. But it would be a massive letdown if he did go and wasn't adequately replaced.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Icing on the cake .  Let’s let Dobbo and Leaburn go too and make it the best window ever 
    Hope not true, but if we was to get 1.5 - 2 mill, would be good business for us right? 

At the start of the transfer window then yes.
    But not now as it will be to late as the window slams shut.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Icing on the cake .  Let’s let Dobbo and Leaburn go too and make it the best window ever 
    Hope not true, but if we was to get 1.5 - 2 mill, would be good business for us right? 

Yea of course that would be great business just like it was when M. Gliksten pulled the same stunt regularly during his time running the club.

Mugs game mate.  
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    No because we won't get that much and even if we did they won't re-invest it. They'll get a loan from Preston or something in & pocket the rest 

I am really hoping this is pure fabrication cause Corey is one of the only players who actually looks up to it atm