Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 
    Laughable. 

Struggling with FFP even though the squad this year is considerably younger, less experienced than last year and less players to boot?

Anyone claiming FFP should be laughed off the forum at this point. Joke. 
    It’s probably SMT posting the FFP rumours!
    What was said, when and by whom at the Club? My understanding is that, if to sign a player would breach the rules, the EFL wouldn't allow them to be registered.
    The EFL don't have real time FFP information do they?  I mean neither so the club.  Isn't FFP etc only ever applied retrospectively? 
    As i posted earlier
    All the rules concerning FFP/SCMP can be found here on page 96  https://www.efl.com/documents/efl-handbook.pdf
  •  SELR_addicks said:
    sam3110 said:
    "all we sign is crocks and player no-one else wants"

*Charlton decide not to sign a crocked player as he failed a medical*

"FFS why haven't we signed him"

😂
    Why have we waited around for weeks in the hope to sign a crocked player then moved on the day before the end of the window, perhaps? 
    He failed a medical first time around, we gave him an extended trial he played in an unders game and we named him, so we thought he proved his fitness, and he's failed the second medical, so now we've moved on. 

The easiest answer is usually the correct answer. It's called Occam's Razor. 

Or is it all just a ploy to make Charlton fans think we're signing players when actually we're on an embargo that is so secret that even the EFL don't know about it
  • clive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 
    Laughable. 

Struggling with FFP even though the squad this year is considerably younger, less experienced than last year and less players to boot?

Anyone claiming FFP should be laughed off the forum at this point. Joke. 
    It’s probably SMT posting the FFP rumours!
    What was said, when and by whom at the Club? My understanding is that, if to sign a player would breach the rules, the EFL wouldn't allow them to be registered.
    The EFL don't have real time FFP information do they?  I mean neither so the club.  Isn't FFP etc only ever applied retrospectively? 
    As i posted earlier
    All the rules concerning FFP/SCMP can be found here on page 96  https://www.efl.com/documents/efl-handbook.pdf
    And that uses a lot of the use of "assumtions" which can't be proved true, or not, until after the event.
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Nombe at £1m when we already paid for May wasn't going to happen. 

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now
    WE didn't pay for May, a sponsor did apparently.

I'm interested to know where this has come from.

I seem to recall people being 100% sure the previous shirt sponsor paid the £300k to Thomas Sandgaard to help him with finance the training ground renovation but, seeing as that is my father I enquired if my inheriatnce had taken a further hit and he confirmed it did not. 

So be careful what you believe.  These stories are often put out with an agenda in mind  
    Exactly this... half of this stuff starts off being born within the deepest depths of some keyboard warriors brain, they post it, someone reposts it and before long its 100% fact lol
    August 27 edited August 27
    Plaaayer said:
    The only reason we stumped what was asked for May is because some money came in from a sponsor partner on the day that he was just about to sign for Bristol Rovers. The owners have put in the bare minimum they have to so anyone thinking we’re signing a top striker on a perm is off their heads. 

We’ll be relying on loans and free from hereon in I would expect unless something major changes. 
    Not doubting you but how reliable is your source on that @Plaaayer ?
    100% mate reliable mate, the money for May did not come from pocket of the new owners. 

Funny nobody picked up Plaaayer on this or called him a keyboard warrior
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now

I seem to recall people being 100% sure the previous shirt sponsor paid the £300k to Thomas Sandgaard to help him with finance the training ground renovation but, seeing as that is my father I enquired if my inheriatnce had taken a further hit and he confirmed it did not. 

So be careful what you believe.  These stories are often put out with an agenda in mind  
    Exactly this... half of this stuff starts off being born within the deepest depths of some keyboard warriors brain, they post it, someone reposts it and before long its 100% fact lol
    Plaaayer said:
    The only reason we stumped what was asked for May is because some money came in from a sponsor partner on the day that he was just about to sign for Bristol Rovers. The owners have put in the bare minimum they have to so anyone thinking we’re signing a top striker on a perm is off their heads. 

We’ll be relying on loans and free from hereon in I would expect unless something major changes. 
    100% mate reliable mate, the money for May did not come from pocket of the new owners. 

Been told there should be some action before Fridays deadline. 
    Holden coming down to the Valley to sort methven/scott out ?

If that's how the money was made available, who was the sponsor and who owns May!?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    4 strikers out on the training pitch today! 
    Bonne on trial 
    What’s he done?

masquerading as a striker 
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:

Plaaayer said:

Sad-faces GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • We are looking to appoint a manager and failing.
    We are looking to sign decent players and maybe will fail at that too.
  • seth plum said:
    We are looking to appoint a manager and failing.
    We are looking to sign decent players and maybe will fail at that too.
    Zzzzzz
  • View on T Watson from MK Dons fan:

Watsons decent. We had him on a free from Reading and he did ok without setting the world alight. Decent on the ball and I always thought better going forward than the other way. We had Kioso competing with him two seasons ago and Kioso won that hands down. But he can cover either flank and did a decent job in a back three as well.  We offered him a contract which he turned down (or if you believe the club didn't respond to..) and im staggered he's still a free agent.  Saw Oxford being linked with him too 
  • There's the CB signing then  , made 2 appearances for Udinese , 19yr old Irish U21 international. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Andy Delort and his dad spotted at Charlton Kwik Fit. 
  • edited August 2023
    Sounds promising going by his Wiki

Very random though, one of one of Scott's connections is @ Watford.

He then made his first Serie A start on 4 June, in a 0–1 league loss against Juventus, with manager Andrea Sottil stating after the match that Abankwah was one of the players that are "the future of Udinese".

Very much a Right-sided Centre-Back though.

James Abankwah - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt
  • The way things are looking at the moment , there could be a meltdown tomorrow of nuclear proportions come this time tomorrow :)