Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Joking aside, no idea how good he is but unless he is a once in a generation far too good for this league talent I would have preferred someone experienced as neither Hector, Thomas or Jones look to be that leader at the back we have so sorely missed since Pearce retired. 

Obviously like every player who signs though, gets my support and will hope for the best. 
  • He must have something about him if a Serie A club plucked him out of the Irish league as a teenager.
    The Spanners & QPR have picked up a few Irish youngsters in the last couple of seasons.
  • He must have something about him if a Serie A club plucked him out of the Irish league as a teenager.
    He's going to have to be the second coming of Paul McGrath if he's going to make any difference to our defence.
  • a little over 24 hours left.

not making much progress are we ?

Farcical mate.
  • Ipswich have signed Dane Scarlett, pushing Freddie Ladapo further down the pecking order.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Derby swoop in and pick him up tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• So left field. How did he get on our radar? It will be interesting seeing just how good he is.
  • Ipswich have signed Dane Scarlett, pushing Freddie Ladapo further down the pecking order.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Derby swoop in and pick him up tomorrow.
    I'd rather Lapado than Scarlett at this stage of their careers
  • fenaddick said:
    Another one that'll take a month or so to get up to speed!
  • fenaddick said:
    Can always trust Pete, on paper doesn't sound too bad. MK Dons have a knack for having decent players on their books and if there was Oxford interest that's promising for me.

Let's see how the lad gets on ay
  • Putting 2+2 together, this from earlier in the window would suggest he was holding out for Championship football but is willing to sign now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    Sounds like we’ve been after him for six weeks and he’s been holding out on us. Not sure what more can be done in situations like that.
  • Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    Sounds like we’ve been after him for six weeks and he’s been holding out on us. Not sure what more can be done in situations like that.
    I get that, although does that mean we are more than happy to sit back for this long, in order for ‘tenia Watson’ to decide if he fancies joining us or not ? 
  • Six weeks...??!
    Oh yes, he's FREE!
  • edited August 2023
    Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    I get that, although does that mean we are more than happy to sit back for this long, in order for ‘tenia Watson’ to decide if he fancies joining us or not ? 
    I guess that’s why we’ve had Dabo in training for so long. But as soon as we would’ve signed Dabo, it makes it hard to justify also spending wages on Watson.
  • edited August 2023
    Has he been training with anyone... Has he had a pre-season... Is he going to be 4-6 weeks off the pace... Key questions.
  • Would be happy with Tennai Watson. MK had a poor season but he was one of their better players, and was also involved there the previous season when they only just missed automatics.

6’1” so tall for a full back as well - would help as far as set pieces go
    Did you watch many of MKD's full games, or are you basing your opinion on stats, or something else?
    Heat map?