Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• And unless u have been on the pitch playing or training with Pearce how the hell can u know definitively how good he is at organising a defence ? His main attributes to me seemed to be his bravery, his attitude and his organising - pace, height and football ability were missing so clearly had something. 
  • Feels like wingers are a bit of a luxury in L1. Mostly people want to play 2 up front so difficult to accommodate CBT without playing him out of position.

442 doesn't work anymore without top tier, industrial CBs and CMs as its too easy to overrun the midfield with a 3. 

I'd be disappointed to lose him, but understand it from a business point of view. If we're playing WBs then Edun is first choice.

Potentially might hamper us if we need to change formation/ need impact off the bench but need to assess the window once it's closed. 
  • IF we sign Watson & Tedic, we have a very decent 12/13/14 if all fully fit and on form.
    As said by someone else, the trouble is that will likely never happen and we've given most of our intended rivals a head start.
    I’m still bizarrely hopeful.  The only challenge is how well do they gel, and we’ve got no room for any injuries.  I know you can make that comparison to say Bowyer’s team in 18/19, but we didn’t know just how good Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Aribo, Bauer and Philips were going to be, add to that the emergence of Dijksteel and having Aherne Grant for half a season.  No disrespect to any of the starting XI here today, but none of them match any of that team if you’re going like for like in comparing (imo)

The worries are the likes of Camara.  Decent player, but how many games will we get out of him.  Will Fraser actually start to consistently deliver?  
  • So exciting transfer deadline day isn't it. All gonna be happening in the next 15 hours.
  • I don't get why anyone would want to sign for us.  They could sign, then a week later .... We get a new manager and he isn't part of their plans.  
  • It’s been a poor transfer window and start to the campaign. 

But I’ve never really thought we’d be relegation battlers.
    That changes though if they sell our only real pace and attacking threat in CBT, on deadline day, when they’ve not signed anyone for bloody weeks and sacked the manager. 

• DOUCHER said:
    if we got substantial money for CBT and reinvested it well today I’d be happy - he’s got something but personally I’m bored of seeing him absolutely murder a full back the whole game but somehow create virtually nothing 
    Agreed
  • edited September 2023
    Quite simply, by tomorrow morning we will know whether we are in for at least another couple of years of league 1 tedium or actually have something to get excited by - for the latter, their gonna need to have the deadline day window of their lives - a huge great shard like curtain wall in fact !! 
  • DOUCHER said:
    if we got substantial money for CBT and reinvested it well today I’d be happy - he’s got something but personally I’m bored of seeing him absolutely murder a full back the whole game but somehow create virtually nothing 
    That ‘if’ Is really doing a lot of heavy lifting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• To have any sort of expectations for today would be an epic triumph of hope over experience. 
  • With the distraction of finding a manager we could end up with our pants down - CBT goes last minute and we don’t have a back up to bid for or now Leaburn is fit training with the first team he goes as well and we have no attack (cafc circus) 🤦🏻‍♂️🎪
  • I’ve been wondering why we haven’t announced the signings of this striker and right back who have supposedly been training with us for the past few days.

Now it makes sense that they want to soften the blow of losing Corey (& possibly 1 more?) by announcing them straight after.

Charlie pink pants, we’re not stupid so don’t treat us as such.
  • edited September 2023
    Would be a decent player if he could actually get the ball in the box 
    Go back to bed. It’s far too early for your wind ups . 
  • CBT out for 1.5 and Ladapo in for 1 is the only way to make it worthwhile.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Icing on the cake .  Let’s let Dobbo and Leaburn go too and make it the best window ever 
    Hope not true, but if we was to get 1.5 - 2 mill, would be good business for us right? 

Yea of course that would be great business just like it was when M. Gliksten pulled the same stunt regularly during his time running the club.

Mugs game mate.  
    If anyone offered 1.5 / 2 mill for him
    snap their hands off .. he so inconsistent so frustrating so many good positions but no end product . 

But it’s all rubbish because Warnock already said there no money at Huddersfield so will only be free transfers and out of contract players 
    Of course you'd defend the decision to sell him
  • If we sell CBT today then it’s absolutely confirmed that the people running the club have no interest in winning games of football but just lining their pockets . That will be me finished 
    I think you are correct. I'm hoping that any money brought in will be reinvested but that's all I have, a bit of hope! There is no evidence to suggest this will happen. Sunderland fans warned us!!!!!
  • CBT out for 1.5 and Ladapo in for 1 is the only way to make it worthwhile.
    You got to love a dreamer.
  • Valley11 said:
    It’s been a poor transfer window and start to the campaign. 

But I’ve never really thought we’d be relegation battlers.
    That changes though if they sell our only real pace and attacking threat in CBT, on deadline day, when they’ve not signed anyone for bloody weeks and sacked the manager. 

So at the end of today 11 new signings is disappointing .. unbelievable!!! 

• MarcusH26 said:
    Selling CBT when our record of wingers in for fees in recent years has been utterly abysmal would certainly be one way of upsetting the fanbase even more. 
    Yeah bring it on, let’s just sell the whole first team squad while we’re at it and play academy youngsters, that will work….