Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zach Mitchell joins Colchester on season loan

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Interesting... Someone suggested it recently, as think Colchester have just lost one of their Centre-Backs to injury.

Good loan move for him - Especially with the Udinese lad on his way
  • Options
    Good move for him, gets him away from the madhouse for a year to develop before we sell him next summer 
  • Options
    Good luck Zach, let's hope this experience serves you well for a long career at the Valley 
  • Options
    Someone predicted this yesterday. Colchester's loanee from Southampton got injured.

All loans have a recall clause, so let's see how he does.
  • Options
    I'm excited by this! 
  • Options
    Copied from the OG Zach Mitchell thread.

Can't say I am a fan of him going in loan yet but good that it's a league 2 club with a manager he knows, who is a good coach.
  • Options
    Should be a good move for him. He clearly likes to play and is confident on the ball. With Garner's style he could be a good fit for them.
  • Options
    Hahaha I honestly didn't expect this to actually happen. Was more seeing Nico Lawrence getting injured and knowing that Garner would need another CB and obviously would know Zach really well. 

Think it's an excellent move for him.  
  • Options
    Good move for him, if he does well I’m sure we’ll have the option of recalling him in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased for him. Good loan move. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Can't say I am a fan of him going in loan yet but good that it's a league 2 club with a manager he knows, who is a good coach.
    Being hoofed out the C Cup early wont have helped him staying here. 
  • Options
    Taken the place of the injured Nico Lawrence the Southampton youngster who was impressing at Colchester like he did at Torquay after taking the place of Ness when he was recalled back to cafc.

• Options
    Good move for him glad its league 2 and not national League. 

• Options
    Think it’s a great move, gets to stay in a really professional environment, close to home and with a manager and at least one player he knows
  • Options
    That is at a higher level than I was expecting given his age and how poorly he performed in the preseason
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Good move for him, if he can get game time.

As a footballer, he's class. As a defender, he's not L1 standard, so hopefully that part of his game will improve.
  • Options
    was it Garner gave him his first team debut ?
  • Options
    was it Garner gave him his first team debut ?
    Yes in the EFL Trophy
  • Options
    Good loan for him, if it goes really well we can likely recall him in January as I was confident he would be likely to break in to our team by the end of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Being hoofed out the C Cup early wont have helped him staying here. 
    No but I am not a fan of players in their 18-19 season going out on loan full stop.  

If all your 18-19s are out on loan or in your first team, as ours appear to be, there seems little point having an u21 side.

The 19-20 season is when they either need to be in your first team squad or out on loan.

Obviously there are exceptions.
  • Options
    Really hope that Zach is happy with this move as we rate him highly, albeit maybe thrown into the 1st team squad in SE7 a tad too soon. 

But a decent step in his career path as long as he gets a regular place in the team.

Will be watching Colchester's results closely now.

Go & show 'em what you can do, Zach ! 
  • Options
    Good luck Zach.
    Could be a good move for everybody concerned.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    God move for him, if he can get game time.

As a footballer, he's class. As a defender, he's not L1 standard, so hopefully that part of his game will improve.
    He is a similiar player to Beilik so would make a good defensive mid.
  • Options
    A good move for him and us. He will develope in a less toxic atmosphere than is currently to be found at Charlton at the moment.
  • Options
    good move, need to get others of the youngsters out of similar loans.
  • Options
    Surprised for the season, I would have hoped / expected him to be involved with us in the 2nd half of the season 
    Loans have to be until the end of the season now don't they? we can always recall him if Colchester agree
  • Options
    Happy with this, needs game time and to learn.