Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Shrewsbury Town: Saturday 1st April 2023: KO 3.00Pm

12345679»

Comments

• CBT is an X factor player and couldn't be more different to Thomas.  Corey can be a game changer but will always be inconsistent because he has the job of taking players on and when he's not on his game he will lose the ball more than anyone. BUT in League 1 Blackett-Taylor is a great option to start or come on as a sub.
    Another player who's mind and body needs looking after but an asset in the match day 18.

Personally feel, lets see how Thomas does for the rest of the season BUT again with Ness getting injured, O'Connell leaving for Wrexham, Penney struggling for confidence and Sessegnon struggling to play  two games in a row. Terelle Thomas has stepped up to the plate and is doing Fine.
  • We're not good enough for automatic promotion BUT with the players we have we should still be fighting for the playoffs. No way should we be 9/10 points behind Pompey and Wycombe.

Valley11 said:
    What’s the chances of another loan for JRS next season? Zero?
    less than zero
    https://youtu.be/dJygTz0gB6g
    Love that LP thanks for reminding me. I think I left my copy in a flat share somewhere, just enjoying it again, Alison , Redshoes
  • Albie Morgan has improved Under Dean Holden and it has taken far too long but at last when a Central striker in Form: Leaburn, and a baller like Rak Sakyi as well as Dobson and Fraser on their game, then Morgan can run on to the ball with a great first touch and finish with aplomb with no one in row Z in any danger. 5 goals this season means I can't keep saying he "can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo".

Even yesterday when he scored a cracker, had assists, closed down and even had the sense to hand the ball to Miles for the penalty for another assist ! (If he had missed the haters would have screamed with bile) Albie still got one score of 5 On the Players marks ! 
    Most of our fans/critics recognised Morgan's all round performance TBF.
    I think that would have been pre planned Sam. 
  • Of course I would be on holiday for this one. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Good as we were, they were absolutely bereft of confidence after going three nil down.

Don't want to read too much into this given it's end of season fare - but I'd want us to keep Hector because he clearly has a great influence in terms of shape. That said he will get done for pace a LOT so wouldn't want him first choice. Inniss has really improved and taking the safety first, conservative option each time has been good for him. I like that. Wouldn't mind another year from him, but as a first choice? Wouldn't be too comfortable. (Hopefully Ness will make a full and timely recovery.) Mitchell is really decent and I'd actually not mind him as a 4th choice tbf. Sign Thomas, too. Got a brain and good feet.

Henry looked good against a team that had been dismantled. We had SO MUCH space that he was allowed to exploit. But he's only 19 - I keep forgetting that- and I'd keep if possible. Clare can't stay on as a full time RB - he makes decisions that are fine for a CM but that leave us exposed on the flanks. Ambivalent there.

Campbell is gonna be very important. I'd sacrifice a small animal to have JRS back. We need a Morgan replacement because a fresh start is good for all parties tbh, nothing against him though. 
    I think the big question re Clare is is Egbo good enough to be first choice?

If so keep Clare if not bring in someone better than Egbo and let Clare go. 
    From what we’ve seen Egbo is definitely good enough, if fit. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    Amazing! Think that must be the biggest home win I’ve ever seen.

The scary thing is, I saw all 3 of those games back in the 70s.

Did Flanagan score four goals in one of those games?
  • Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    Amazing! Think that must be the biggest home win I’ve ever seen.

The scary thing is, I saw all 3 of those games back in the 70s.

Did Flanagan score four goals in one of those games?
    Yes v Notts C.
  • Valley11 said:
    less than zero
    Valley11 said:
    less than zero
    I seem to remember when Holden was asked some while about JRS staying with us next season he said lets wait and see.
    So probably little chance of him being with us next season but maybe more than zero (slightly). 

• JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Good as we were, they were absolutely bereft of confidence after going three nil down.

Don't want to read too much into this given it's end of season fare - but I'd want us to keep Hector because he clearly has a great influence in terms of shape. That said he will get done for pace a LOT so wouldn't want him first choice. Inniss has really improved and taking the safety first, conservative option each time has been good for him. I like that. Wouldn't mind another year from him, but as a first choice? Wouldn't be too comfortable. (Hopefully Ness will make a full and timely recovery.) Mitchell is really decent and I'd actually not mind him as a 4th choice tbf. Sign Thomas, too. Got a brain and good feet.

Henry looked good against a team that had been dismantled. We had SO MUCH space that he was allowed to exploit. But he's only 19 - I keep forgetting that- and I'd keep if possible. Clare can't stay on as a full time RB - he makes decisions that are fine for a CM but that leave us exposed on the flanks. Ambivalent there.

Campbell is gonna be very important. I'd sacrifice a small animal to have JRS back. We need a Morgan replacement because a fresh start is good for all parties tbh, nothing against him though. 
    I think the big question re Clare is is Egbo good enough to be first choice?

If so keep Clare if not bring in someone better than Egbo and let Clare go. 
    From what we’ve seen Egbo is definitely good enough, if fit. 
    That's been the issue with him. He's started EIGHT games this season, so while he's looked good when on the pitch, until he has a decent run of games for us there'll always be that nagging doubt in my mind that he's been Charltonised.

The other wild card is Kane. It will be interesting who gets more minutes for the rest of the season, Kane or Egbo, as Holden might want to check Kane out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    less than zero
    Valley11 said:
    less than zero
    I seem to remember when Holden was asked some while about JRS staying with us next season he said lets wait and see.
    So probably little chance of him being with us next season but maybe more than zero (slightly). 

If it's more than zero, it can't be any more than 1%. He's had a year in L1, and is ready to be tested in the Championship. 
  • Valley11 said:
    less than zero
    Valley11 said:
    less than zero

If it's more than zero, it can't be any more than 1%. He's had a year in L1, and is ready to be tested in the Championship. 

He needs a season in a L1 promotion chasing team thats going to play him so he can sort out that part of the game that’s not quite working at the moment. If he does that then forget the championship, he’d be ready for the PL.
  • ross1 said:
    Wait until you see us beaten by 11 goals, Aston Villa beat us when I was a lot younger. No doubt someone will tell me the year. If you see this, you will know you reach bottom of your support 
     It was 1959 and I was there, a 15 year old with my father. Willie Duff, the goalie went off injured when we were 6-1 down. Two more players tried their hand in goal. No substitutes then. I think Villa were promoted that season. Happy days😀