Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Peanuts. Backed the lot. Build up the pot to take full advantage of Bobs GN promotion. 
  • Options
    Have taken some mouth watering prices about a number of runners including Big Breakaway and Back on the lash. Really hope he gets in. 
    Thank you once again Peanuts for a wonderful thread and good luck on your selections. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Cheers @Cardinal Sin @Gary Poole @Starinnaddick and @CHG
    Really appreciate your very kind comments and am glad you find my ramblings of interest. 

CHG said:
    Good luck Peanuts. Backed the lot. Build up the pot to take full advantage of Bobs GN promotion. 

Don't have a great record in the Irish - anything less than 4 miles is far too much of a sprint for my liking - but they surely have to fare better than my picks last time, when 1 fell at the first and brought down another.
    Fingers crossed they can top up the kitty - a brochure for the Marvels of Alaska has ominously appeared on the coffee table   :/

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I find myself blinking in amazement but Must be Obeyed is still available at 50s with Coral (6 places), despite being as short as 20s with some others. 
    Caveat emptor, naturally, and no doubt 7 places will be offered by some tomorrow but that is nutso e/w value IMHO.
  • Options
    where will I be next Saturday p.m. ? .. Portman Road .. hope there is time post game to find a telly to see the G N
  • Options
    I find myself blinking in amazement but Must be Obeyed is still available at 50s with Coral (6 places), despite being as short as 20s with some others. 
    Caveat emptor, naturally, and no doubt 7 places will be offered by some tomorrow but that is nutso e/w value IMHO.
    I just had a tiny each way bet on that based on your earlier post, unless I am reading it incorrectly the each way part of the bet is 1/5 odds for 6 places with Coral.
  • Options
    I just had a tiny each way bet on that based on your earlier post, unless I am reading it incorrectly the each way part of the bet is 1/5 odds for 6 places with Coral.
    Yeap, so if placed 2~6 you get x10 half the stake plus that half stake back.
    If it wins you get that plus the other half stake x50 plus that half stake.
    Cheers for the vote of confidence, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts, I was just surprised it was 1/5 not 1/6 on six places. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts, I was just surprised it was 1/5 not 1/6 on six places. Fingers crossed
    Wasn’t so long ago it was 1/4 with a lot of bookies 
  • Options
    It will be 50s peanuts , when they are only letting you have 50p e/w on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    clb74 said:
    It will be 50s peanuts , when they are only letting you have 50p e/w on it.
    That was my initial thought too but I got a reasonable slug on with the OK of their “traders”.
    You’ve no doubt performed a cashectomy on them they haven’t forgotten.
    My weighing in will no doubt nail her on for a first fence departure.
  • Options
    They can't take it any more. We've beaten them down to 28s  :D
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Holy cow. Best e/w price now 20s, as low as 16s.
    I reckon 18s is about the right price for her myself.
  • Options
    And now top price 16s, as short as 12s. 
    Gone from one extreme of nuts to another.
    Let’s hope she delivers.

• Options
    Peanuts Molloy - market mover. 
  • Options
    That is quite a call to find a horse move like that.
    Shame you never had it on the exchange, you could have already “won”.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    R0TW said:
    That is quite a call to find a horse move like that.
    Shame you never had it on the exchange, you could have already “won”.
    Cheers - not often I back a market mover and, indeed, it means nowt if they don't deliver. And there's those that go the other way of course - Farceur Du Large backed at 40, now available at 66  :/  
    I've had the odd plunge windfall on Betfair (Delta Work last April) but I'm an each way punter and the place portion is so illiquid on the exchanges and usually for fewer places.
    Did you make merry on the Exchanges with Must Be Obeyed @ROTW ?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    With 6 and now 7 places up for grabs and 6mm of rain due in Dublin today, and with my first 3 all unexposed over a trip, I'm going to add a 4th to my team from those that have no stamina doubts, hopefully to ensure at least 1 place.
    There are some big prices for proven stayers but it's difficult to muster confidence that Punitive, Fakiera or Milan Native's jumping is up to this these days.
    Tempted by another mare, Fairyhill Run at 50s, but the e/w case is a lot stronger with the wet weather for Champagne Platinum 28/1 (6pl, or if you prefer 22/1 for 7pl), who's also been heavily backed in the last 24 hours.
    8th (9L) last year off OR138 on Y, he'll appreciate the slower ground and runs off OR135 today. Best RPR 144 when close 2nd in last year's Irish GNT on Heavy.
    Apologies - I should have bitten the bullet on this fella yesterday when he too was 50s but wanted to be sure the rain was going to come.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Confirmations today. The Shunter and Gin On Lime, plus those we knew about out (Envoi Allen, Royale Pagaille, Quick Wave and, alas, Battleoverdoyen) taken out.
    So Back On The Lash is in and only 50 remain standing.
    Next up are Defi Bleu, Gevrey, Punitive and Milan Native (though they all run this pm). Next one that’s not running today is Born By The Sea.
  • Options
    Irish Nat ..
    Tenzing (come on ye old Sherpa) ... Place
    The Devil's Coachman .. E/W
    Espanito Bello .. Win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top man yet again, peanuts, had a little ew and it's topped up my account nicely for next weekend. Cheers!
  • Options
    Lovely Peanuts. Well done!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Cheers chaps.

BTW, I just looked up a 2010 calendar.
    That was the last year I had the Irish GN winner (Bluesea Cracker).
    It was 5 days before the Aintree GN.
    My (then) model's 6 best rated for the GN produced 1st (Don't Push It), 4th, 5th and 6th.
    Deja vu all over again or crash and burn time?    :/    
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts! 
  • Options
    Cheers chaps.

My (then) model's 6 best rated for the GN produced 1st (Don't Push It), 4th, 5th and 6th.
    How weird…. Facebook memory just popped up. I’m now going to have to try and not get carried away for next Saturday.

“10 April 2010: thank you peanuts molloy whoever you are! Two wins on your tips! Happy days. Woo hoo! An smiffy won too!”
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Curb_It said:
    Cheers chaps.

How weird…. Facebook memory just popped up. I’m now going to have to try and not get carried away for next Saturday.

“10 April 2010: thank you peanuts molloy whoever you are! Two wins on your tips! Happy days. Woo hoo! An smiffy won too!”
    Cheers @Curb_It
    Those were the days!! Blimey, Aintree was indeed 10 April that year.
    Spookier and spookier.
    Buckle up, I’m going for my first ever hat-trick of Welsh, Irish and Aintree GN winners.
    I can just see Mr Incredible 20L clear at the Elbow and deciding to chuck a right to the stables for an early bath.   :D
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Cheers chaps.

And even spookier.
    Both Aintree GN winner on 10 April 2010 and the Fairyhouse GN winner today carried JP’s Green & Gold with White Cap.
  • Options

BTW, for the Irish GN, my first selection is JP's latest purchase, I Am Maximus 14/1.

Carrying 11-01, aside from a near-miss over the course (always a handy box to have ticked), the 7 year old has a strong pedigree for a stamina-test, sharing Tiger Roll's sire (Authorized) and being nicely linebred to Wild Risk. Distantly related to Little Polveir, one of my GN winners of yore, when my model was a mere flashing cursor in an A1 cell   :)
    I actually got on him in play 25/1 , i also had 8/1 pre, strange call really but just luck as i hadn't seen this thread lol
  • Options

BTW, for the Irish GN, my first selection is JP's latest purchase, I Am Maximus 14/1.

Carrying 11-01, aside from a near-miss over the course (always a handy box to have ticked), the 7 year old has a strong pedigree for a stamina-test, sharing Tiger Roll's sire (Authorized) and being nicely linebred to Wild Risk. Distantly related to Little Polveir, one of my GN winners of yore, when my model was a mere flashing cursor in an A1 cell   :)
    I actually got on him in play 25/1 , i also had 8/1 pre, strange call really but just luck as i hadn't seen this thread lol
    Top man. Well done.
    I’d written him off after 2 fences  :)
    Sounds like JP had as well.