Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2023

Comments

• Options
    I saw that but it is not mentioned on any of the ITV channels listing pages
  • Options
    I'll have a look when I get in. 
  • Options
    I'll have a look when I get in. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the virtual race will be shown this year? I can't find it on any television listings magazine.
    It's not showing on the Virgin Media planner. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the virtual race will be shown this year? I can't find it on any television listings magazine.
    Surely they haven't scrapped it
  • Options
    Heard they’re using finger puppets this year, cost of living crisis….
  • Options
    Heard they’re using finger puppets this year, cost of living crisis….
    Muffin the Mule- Muffins Aquarium Part 1 on Make a GIF
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    As a family, we watch the race every year and make a bit of a day of it, and obviously we all pick a horse or two. One that my son picked last year (can't remember the horse's name) had a tendency according to the papers, to 'jump to the right'  This was the 1st fence, most of us thought it was funny. I've just had a little flutter on Dunboyne, got a boosted 60/1at Ladbrokes, good luck all. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    That was Mount Ida pressing the ejector button last year @cafc375

Good luck with Dunboyne - carrying my money as well.
    Will be ridden by Jack Tudor, who’s got Welsh GN and Eider Chase wins on his CV (both were nicely judged rides) and has just been announced as David Pipe’s stable jockey.
    Feather in his cap and a good booking for Dunboyne IMO.

• Options
    When are the final decs? Today? Hoping that Bob's gang will launch their offer afterwards?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    When are the final decs? Today? Hoping that Bob's gang will launch their offer afterwards?
    Final as per below link 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2023/04/13/grand-national-runners-riders-2023-horses-jockeys-list-entries/
  • Options
    Dunboyne out to 66/1 with Coral E/W 1/5 odds for six places
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    So all stand their ground and Born By The Sea is the last in on OR137 (lowest mark to get a run since 2013)
    10-02 is bottom weight so following are running O/H:

Recite A Prayer 1lb
    Eva's Oskar 1lb
    Our Power 2 (but OR has been uprated from GNOR to 147 so on paper 4lbs well-in)
    Dunboyne 2
    Francky Du Berlais 2
    Fortescue 3
    Back On The Lash 3 (but OR has been dropped from GNOR to 138 so on paper 5lbs wrong)
    Born By The Sea 6

The most runners O/H since 2002.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Racing Post "Predictor" reckons the first 6 home will come from the top of the weights (none with <11-00):
    1. Delta Work
    2. Gaillard Du Mesnil
    3. Noble Yeats
    4. Any Second Now
    5. Capodanno
    6. Galvin
    OLBG "Predictor" on Good to Soft calls it:
    1. Corach Rambler
    2. Le Milos
    3. Noble Yeats
    4. Back On The Lash
    5. Dunboyne
    6. Eva's Oskar

• Options
    Despite Bobs teasing, there is no Bet365 offer this year 
  • Options

• Options
    Wait and see. Closed market at the moment. 
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Wait and see. Closed market at the moment. 
    https://www.bet365.com/?lng=1&rurl=poker.bet365.com#/AC/B2/C101/D20230415/E20881921/F136063316/P10/
  • Options
    Is was suspended for a short while. 
  • Options
    This is all that is on offer currently. I can't help thinking that they wouldn't open a "day of the race" market without the previous offer if it was their intention to do so this year: 

https://extra.bet365.com/promotions/en/grandnational
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree. It doesn’t look good. 
  • Options
    Their customer service team have advised the offer isn't on, both on live chat and on twitter (to different people, I've not been pestering them btw). 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Live chat from any bookie is very very unreliable. I wouldn’t believe a word they say personally.
  • Options
    Gutted if true RE: 365 offer.  Pinned my hopes on this got the funds uploaded and waiting n all sorts.  Not that’ll it stop me anyway..
  • Options
    Their customer service team have advised the offer isn't on, both on live chat and on twitter (to different people, I've not been pestering them btw). 
    It's indicative of the fact that B365, like the rest of the bookies, are trying to make as much profit as they possibly can. Given that, as long as I can remember, it was 1/4 the odds first 4 in a 16 runner handicap, offering 1/5 the odds first 6 in a 40 runner affair that the biggest gross revenue producer is rather pushing things to the limit.

If you're not worried about best odds guaranteed (and I don't believe one should given how bookies will shorten up the SP of all the fancied horses) or first past by the post then there will be more value to be had on the win and place markets on the Betfair Exchange. You will get a couple of points better on all the ones at the front of the market and substantially more on many others and can tailor your place bets, as stand alone, according to how many places you wish to have albeit that it will take time for the place markets, bar the first 4 one, to mature. 
  • Options
    Live chat from any bookie is very very unreliable. I wouldn’t believe a word they say personally.
    The issue is that not launching it at the same time as they put up the day of the race market, as they have done previously, causes issues as those that have already had a bet in the market will feel short changed. For that reason, I am inclined to believe that it won't be offered but we will see. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    She's making provision for the cost of Bob's pension and golden handshake. Those watches he likes don't come cheap you know!
  • Options
    On ITV Just saying ground is on good side of good to soft.