Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Leaburn, Bonne, Stockley is fine for the rest of the season imo. Especially if we're only playing one striker
    You've forgotten to add aneke 😬
    I genuinely had completely forgotten about Chucks  :D
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23279768.bolton-wanderers-boss-warns-unexpected-exits-deadline-day/

Ian Evatts comments sound like Kieran Sadlier could be available.... 
    I have seen his name mentioned in dispatches as a possible 🤔
  • I do wonder if Kieran Sadiler is the cryptic “force” player swisdom is referring to? His name sake - Helen Sadiler is the voice actor for multiple characters in the animated Starwars series. He is also, as stated above in the Bolton news link, A no.10 that has been utilised as a striker although has been playing wingback this season. Although I could be clutching at straws and over thinking this massively!
  • According to the Off Piste thread we have already signed.three strikers today. 
  • Has anyone ever questions where Salary Sport sources it data from? I seriously doubt how accurate it can be.
  • Is it a bad sign when you are just 4 days away from the deadline and there is more activity on the tomato soup thread than the transfer thread?
    Has Andy Scott got the souper phone ready for Tuesday?
  • edited January 2023
    According to the Off Piste thread we have already signed.three strikers today. 
    You mean the Piste Off thread!!.. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Sadlier has joined Orient on loan.
    Ahh! Looks like Detective Deflected isn’t going to be getting a job at MI5 anytime soon after my previous comment!
  • A good coup for Orient. Don't think he would've been much more than a squad player here but will be useful at League Two level.
  • @Swisdom any hints, clues or insinuations you want to challenge us with ahead of tomorrow?
  • Hearing Nada Rien is a possibility 
    I’m more negative than that.  
  • I'm hearing No One is a possibility, surplus to requirements at No where?
    I’m more negative than that.  
    It's looking like Fookin Noone again.
  • edited January 2023
    I'm hearing No One is a possibility, surplus to requirements at No where?
    Shouldn't that be on the Piste Orff thread..🙄
  • Bolton also signed Odenoyejo from Burton. He’s in the side tomorrow too. 

He was a name that was put forward as who could be the player @Swisdom hinted at. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley stay as 3rd/4th choice now is hardly the end of the world.  If he is still here on the first of September that's a bit different.  I would imagine him and Kirk would be the two that they want off the wage bill though. 
    Unless there is another striker lined up, we need to keep Stockley. All season people have been complaining that 2 strikers plus Chuks is not enough depth, but now we've signed Bonne and Leaburn is fit again, they want to go back to 2 strikers plus Chuks just because they're frustrated that Stockley's form has been poor this season. I don't see the rush to get rid of hi in January. Keep him around as an option/backup. See if a spell out of the side can help him rediscover some form either to be useful to us, or to improve his market value, and hopefully get rid and sign a replacement on better terms in the summer, perhaps with a new owner a more generous transfer budget.  
  • If you look at the numbers  we are struggling to offload it underlines what an expensive catastrophe our recruitment, player analysis and black box nonsense has been over the last two years.

Someone should be held accountable but won't be because he is the owner's little boy.  

Pathetic!
    And the question is just how much longer must we put up with this

Another 6months another 18 months only Sandgaard knows.
  • mart77 said:
    Bolton also signed Odenoyejo from Burton. He’s in the side tomorrow too. 

He was a name that was put forward as who could be the player @Swisdom hinted at. 
    That's being greedy now. That must condemn Burton to relegation too, unless they can find a replacement
  • Can’t imagine there’s many clubs that are likely destinations for Stockley that could afford his wages.

He’s finished footballing wise and has got nothing to offer, so I can’t see him wanting to go anywhere to play.  He’ll want to stay here until his contract is up.  
  • Leaburn, Bonne, Stockley is fine for the rest of the season imo. Especially if we're only playing one striker
    You've forgotten to add aneke 😬
    Should this not be on the jokes thread?
  • The window with the clock counting down.
    In: Bonne, Kane ( injured ) , Penney
    Out: JFC , Big Mac, McGrandles

Penney will probably start and Bonne will have some involvement in most games start / bench. The three out players doubtful would have had any involvement so overall  a slightly stronger squad but no more than a 6/10 so far.
  • No Jaiyesimi or Kirk in the 18 today.

Surely we can offload these two, even if only on loan until the end of the season, before the transfer window shuts.
  • Watching Gillette Soccer Saturday, just said that Jack Marriot not playing today as maybe being transferred. One we could be interested in?