Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I know nothing about Jon Russell, but going by this picture, I want him in the side. He has a  I’m not going to get bullied off the ball look about him. 

• No Jaiyesimi or Kirk in the 18 today.

Surely we can offload these two, even if only on loan until the end of the season, before the transfer window shuts.
    Plus no Stockley, Lavelle, Aneke, Thomas.

A lot of big earners not in the squad today.

Gallen has a lot to do over the next few days to make up for the crap recruitment over the last 2 seasons.
    Aneke undergoing training program to get him fit 
    No kidding.🫢
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    The issue is we have too many players that we cant offload to anyone. If we manage to ship them out it will be on loan where I suspect we will be paying most of their wages. Absolutely no chance of getting anything like what we paid for Stockley, Kirk etc. I dont understand how Gallen gets the free ride that he does on here as he has signed some proper shit for decent money the last few years
    Why is it when we are going for someone on loan we all hear "well loans aren't free - got to pay wages" etc etc but when we send someone out on loan all of a sudden it's "well we will be covering most of their wages" so when we get a loan we pay full whack but when we send someone out we get minimal benefit financially?

Not saying people are wrong but I just don't get it? Is this based on anything factual or just people being negative?
    Because the players that we are trying to send out nobody wants, in these cases we arent sending out youngsters to get them experience and game time, these are players that we cant sell because we have basically devalued their value so much since we bought them e.g Kirk. They are on decent wages and the only clubs likely to want them cant afford the wages so the choice is leave them here doing nothing or send them out somewhere and keep paying their wages
    more like we massively overpaid for what we were actually getting
    a glass half full view might be that we gambled on Kirk, McGrandles, DJ  stepping up and improving but those gambles all lost
    There is no excuse or justification for the A&Eke fiasco
    The reality is that Kirk never could be arsed, McGrandles is conference at best and DJ was eclipsed by the much cheaper CBT
    We've fobbed off the total chump and should be taking any offers for the other 3

• I am hoping that the likes of Kane, Penney and Russell are effectively auditioning for a role next season. I would hope that they will not cost a fee.It concerns me slightly that their clubs have 'options' on them. Could for example a relegated Huddersfield make use of Russell especially if he has a positive end to the season with us.

JRS will almost certainly not be with us next season, so a genuinely left footed player is needed because we will miss him badly. Maybe his replacement could genuinely cover left back as well in the way back in the day that Paul Mortimer did.
  • Stewart said:
    I know nothing about Jon Russell, but going by this picture, I want him in the side. He has a  I’m not going to get bullied off the ball look about him. 

Yeah. The bleached hair, right?
  • edited January 2023
    Stewart said:
    I know nothing about Jon Russell, but going by this picture, I want him in the side. He has a  I’m not going to get bullied off the ball look about him. 

Nah, that's natural, just looks young for his age...🙄
  • AndyG said:
    The issue is we have too many players that we cant offload to anyone. If we manage to ship them out it will be on loan where I suspect we will be paying most of their wages. Absolutely no chance of getting anything like what we paid for Stockley, Kirk etc. I dont understand how Gallen gets the free ride that he does on here as he has signed some proper shit for decent money the last few years
    Why is it when we are going for someone on loan we all hear "well loans aren't free - got to pay wages" etc etc but when we send someone out on loan all of a sudden it's "well we will be covering most of their wages" so when we get a loan we pay full whack but when we send someone out we get minimal benefit financially?

Not saying people are wrong but I just don't get it? Is this based on anything factual or just people being negative?
    Depends who your loaning and to whom doesn't it?  

We loan players to the national league for the players benefit, we loan the Gilbeys and McGrandles out to get them off the wage bill.  I don't think Palace wanted JRS off the wage bill but market demand would suggest they would expect us to pay something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching Gillette Soccer Saturday, just said that Jack Marriot not playing today as maybe being transferred. One we could be interested in?
    Signed for Fleetwood.
  • Aneke undergoing training program to get him fit

So he could be ready for next season?
  • Rotherham have been linked with Russell and have sold Barlaser today.

They have also signed Conor Coventry from West Ham on loan. Does this mean that they need Russell?
  • Richard J said:
    Rotherham have been linked with Russell and have sold Barlaser today.

They have also signed Conor Coventry from West Ham on loan. Does this mean that they need Russell?

I'd see Coventry as the replacement for Barlaser for sure. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Richard J said:
    Rotherham have been linked with Russell and have sold Barlaser today.

I'd see Coventry as the replacement for Barlaser for sure. 
    Tbf it was Nixon who linked us with Russell so he could easily end up at Rotherham. 

• Barlaser is a great signing for Middlesbrough.

Rotherham… yet another club who do a decent job of recruitment
  • Richard J said:
    JRS staying according …. No surprise said at start of window he was being not being recalled 
  • Slow Sports News
  • Jon Russell has refused to sign a new contract there apparently. Expired in the summer, Championship clubs after him so doubt he’d be here next season even if he did come in on loan. Seems pointless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gavin kilkenny from bournemouth is ment to be signing 
  • Stewart said:

Looks like Matt Southall finally got his money's worth from that £300 haircut...
  • What kind of midfielder is Kilkenny?
  • He’s a CM, article linked to in the tweet says he can play in a defensive or more attacking role.

Sounds like another who’d be competition for Morgan.

He’s 5 ft 7 so presumably a very different player to the big Huddersfield CM Nixon linked with us.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-charlton-athletic-agree-to-sign-bournemouth-star-gavin-kilkenny-after-stoke-city-deal-cancelled/?amp
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What kind of midfielder is Kilkenny?
    Not sure he’ll remember, don’t think he’s got any minutes since August
  • Scoham said:
    He’s a CM, article linked to in the tweet says he can play in a defensive or more attacking role.

He’s 5 ft 7 so presumably a very different player to the big Huddersfield CM Nixon linked with us.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-charlton-athletic-agree-to-sign-bournemouth-star-gavin-kilkenny-after-stoke-city-deal-cancelled/?amp
    Does this mean we will shift Morgan out or at least drop him? 
  • Scoham said:
    He’s a CM, article linked to in the tweet says he can play in a defensive or more attacking role.

Does this mean we will shift Morgan out or at least drop him? 
    Probably not move him on, this will be a replacement for McGrandles instead. But if he's coming in specifically to play it seems Morgan is the obvious choice to be replaced.
  • edited January 2023
    Glad to see nobody is worried Dobbo will be sold. A new deal announced would be better than any new signings atm.