Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    cabbles said:
    Re: Leaburn being sold, the current speculation re: a takeover would complicate things, but if it were TS and someone came in with even a bid of £1m, he’s likely to accept it, regardless of if we think he’s worth more.  

When you’ve spunked as much money as he has, with what I presume is little chance to recoup it, you’ll take every penny you can get 

Where is the evidence of this. Of all the shit you can throw at TS, under selling our players is not one of them.  There is maybe a risk he would accept a low ball cash up front offer if selling to get as much cash in as possible beforehand I guess but there has been none of that so far.
    again - this is what i was responding to - "every chance to recoup" "where is the evidence" - my reply - Burstow. man  u money. Pope money.

every chance to recoup; Scoham your words;

"Pope and Man Utd money will have funded the losses."

every chance to recoup.

• Just five day left before this transfer window (and dry January) slams shut. Can’t wait. 
  • Swisdom's 'force' clue might refer to Mason Burstow. "Burst' is a type of force. Or maybe Mason being a builder is also a work force. If Burstow did come back on loan he would be behind Leaburn and Bonne and probably Stockley as well, although I imagine Stockley will be on the move.
  • edited January 2023
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Re: Leaburn being sold, the current speculation re: a takeover would complicate things, but if it were TS and someone came in with even a bid of £1m, he’s likely to accept it, regardless of if we think he’s worth more.  

When you’ve spunked as much money as he has, with what I presume is little chance to recoup it, you’ll take every penny you can get 

Where is the evidence of this. Of all the shit you can throw at TS, under selling our players is not one of them.  There is maybe a risk he would accept a low ball cash up front offer if selling to get as much cash in as possible beforehand I guess but there has been none of that so far.
    Given he’s losing money hand over foot and by the looks of things, done with the club, why wouldn’t he accept such an offer?  

Things have changed quite a bit in the 3 years he’s owned us.  

As I say, the takeover speculation muddies the waters somewhat, because he may not have overall say in who goes and for how much if we get taken over, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just him and no sign of a buyer, he’s at the stage where he takes the first sizeable offer that comes along 
    I struggle to believe he'd accept 1mil. I don't doubt he'll accept a reasonable offer though. 
  • cabbles said:

again - this is what i was responding to - "every chance to recoup" "where is the evidence" - my reply - Burstow. man  u money. Pope money.

every chance to recoup.

I'm not sure that's loads of evidence to be fair. He's hardly going to reject the Man Utd or Pope money, they weren't choices. Only Burstow was. 
  • edited January 2023
    cabbles said:

every chance to recoup.

I'm not sure that's loads of evidence to be fair. He's hardly going to reject the Man Utd or Pope money, they weren't choices. Only Burstow was. 
    that was my point. i was responding to the point that "there is no evidence" as far as taking every penny he gets - well lets see
  • cabbles said:

every chance to recoup.

that was my point. i was responding to the point that "there is no evidence" as far as taking every penny he gets - well lets see
    Well there isn't any evidence yet. It's only been Burstow which wasn't a bad offer. 
  • cabbles said:

Mason Burstow? 

not in the know but as soon as the offer hit 6 digits he was gone?

where did the Pope sell on go that happened this season? 

where will the man u money go?

To pay "the bills'?
  • cabbles said:

every chance to recoup.

Noone is saying he won't sell AT ALL. Of course he would. He'd be stupid not to. But that's not at all the same thing as saying he'll accept an offer he thinks is too low. The Utd money and Pope sell on fees were set and not up for negotiation. Burstow was and was actually a pretty good deal in the circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless Wollacott demanded a transfer (which is unlikely as he's not even fit yet) we'd be mad to let him go. As others have said you never know when AMB is going to be injured again and then we'd be playing Harness with an U21 keeper on the bench.
  • Swisdom's 'force' clue might refer to Mason Burstow. "Burst' is a type of force. Or maybe Mason being a builder is also a work force. If Burstow did come back on loan he would be behind Leaburn and Bonne and probably Stockley as well, although I imagine Stockley will be on the move.
    Maybe Tony Watt, watt is a unit of power (force)?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Just five day left before this transfer window (and dry January) slams shut. Can’t wait. 
    Two more in .. that should release a few out on loan .. 
  • Unless Wollacott demanded a transfer (which is unlikely as he's not even fit yet) we'd be mad to let him go. As others have said you never know when AMB is going to be injured again and then we'd be playing Harness with an U21 keeper on the bench.
    Still think Wollacott number one done nothing wrong .. 
  • Just a few days left as our mid table chasing squad takes shape 
    who’s going where ?
    any other hidden gems in the Ipswich reserve side for us to covet and jostle over 
    The excitement of this history making failure of a season for us knows no bounds .
  • not really sure what we are arguing here- does the money go into some protected special fund depending on who the player has scored against?? 
    You responded to the suggestion that TS hasn’t undersold anyone with Burstow.

My point was he was undersold as he wasn’t that good. He got a couple of league goals but he didn’t impress with his all round play, he didn’t offer much outside the box.

Chelsea bought him for his potential. Leaburn on the other hand is a more complete player, had a bigger impact on games and is on longer contract. There will be more interest in him which will drive up his price.
  • edited January 2023
    Just a few days left as our mid table chasing squad takes shape 
    who’s going where ?
    any other hidden gems in the Ipswich reserve side for us to covet and jostle over 
    The excitement of this history making failure of a season for us knows no bounds .
    Strange take IMO

We have a manager in place now who seems decent & the balance of the squad is far better than it was a few weeks ago, with possibly another couple to come in.

I'm more optimistic now than I've felt for a while 
  • I'd still expect 2 in and 2 out before the deadline , obviously that would give us 6 loans potentially but with Kane's injury that isn't too much of an issue immediately. 

Maybe a couple of the youngsters go out on loan too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    I'd still expect 2 in and 2 out before the deadline , obviously that would give us 6 loans potentially but with Kane's injury that isn't too much of an issue immediately. 

Expect or hope?
  • shirty5 said:
    This basically means no-one else will pay his high wages so he’d prefer to stay here even if he never plays.
  • Nobody wants him do they?
  • mendonca said:
    Nobody wants him do they?
    Not for what he would cost in wages.
  • shirty5 said:
    This basically means no-one else will pay his high wages so he’d prefer to stay here even if he never plays.
    I really would not blame him. He is coming to the latter stages of his career and was asked to play in a formation that does not suit his skills and experience. That was Garner's fault not his.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'd still expect 2 in and 2 out before the deadline , obviously that would give us 6 loans potentially but with Kane's injury that isn't too much of an issue immediately. 

Expect or hope?
    More going off Holden's interviews really , sounds like we could be quite busy