Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I haven't trusted TS since the day he arrived and thoroughly dislike what I see/hear of the guy, however if the club do sell a player for a profit he has every right to pocket the profit against his outlay of running the club at a loss.
    If he had put the right people in charge of running the club when he bought us we woud'nt be in the position we are.
    A large part of the money he has lost has been self inflicted. 
    Exactly the same as Roland before him, so frustrating as fans....as we could see where they were going wrong.
  • shirty5 said:
    be madness to let him go after flogging Mac. Can understand him not wanting to be no2 though 
    Hate keepers that think they have a god given right to be the number 1. Stay and fight for your place
    To be fair there's no indication in the article that Woolacott is actually agitating for a move, just that clubs are (apparently) interested. He was No1 on merit before his injury, he's an international who lost his place to a fluke injury just before a major tournament.

Being stuck as No2 keeper in L1 is not ideal, I couldn't really blame him if he wanted to try and prove/establish himself at a higher level.
  • I haven't trusted TS since the day he arrived and thoroughly dislike what I see/hear of the guy, however if the club do sell a player for a profit he has every right to pocket the profit against his outlay of running the club at a loss.
    If he had put the right people in charge of running the club when he bought us we woud'nt be in the position we are.
    while I usually agree with you on TS matters I don't on this. We can all spend money "badly" but it is ours to spend and recoup, so it is with TS - whether we like it or not (and I don't) it is his money from the sale of his assets 
  • edited January 2023
    The good old days of a keeper happy to be number 2 seem to have long gone although Dillon Phillips quickly moved to number 3 at Cardiff before  he was loaned out. 

• And is now on loan at Oostende.
  • Re: Leaburn being sold, the current speculation re: a takeover would complicate things, but if it were TS and someone came in with even a bid of £1m, he’s likely to accept it, regardless of if we think he’s worth more.  

When you’ve spunked as much money as he has, with what I presume is little chance to recoup it, you’ll take every penny you can get 
  • cabbles said:
    Re: Leaburn being sold, the current speculation re: a takeover would complicate things, but if it were TS and someone came in with even a bid of £1m, he’s likely to accept it, regardless of if we think he’s worth more.  

When you’ve spunked as much money as he has, with what I presume is little chance to recoup it, you’ll take every penny you can get 
    No chance TS accepts £1m or Leaburn would already be gone. 

If he sells Leaburn any new owner will say the club is now worth £X million less as you’ve just sold off the best asset and only thing you own that’s worth anything. Leaburn is probably the only thing that TS can use to justify asking for a decent fee to sell the club so he won’t want him gone on the cheap 
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:
    Why are people assuming this has come from Wollacott? The article says there is interest in him not that he is looking to move on or have I missed something?
    Apparently it’s Swansea that want him 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Why are people assuming this has come from Wollacott? The article says there is interest in him not that he is looking to move on or have I missed something?
    Apparently it’s Swansea that want him 

Would make sense , lost their first choice to a long term knee injury last week. 
    But he’d still lose money in the Championship too. 

He would however be closer to a potential cash out if we get to threaten a promotion to the Prem.

So not sure he’d have lost any less (significantly) but he might have felt more comfortable about it and enjoyed it all more. 

Is he or our potential new owners taking note to do it differently in future?
  • edited January 2023
    So we get Wollacott in to replace (ultimately) Big Mac, and now there is talk of him maybe going because Ashley has had a couple of good games, and I have been well impressed myself, but he does seem to be a bit injury prone doesn't he...surely the club wouldn't be that stupid....would it...
  • meldrew66 said:
    Michael Morrison has moved from Pompey to Cambridge on a free. I'd have had him back with us.
    Gone back to Cambridge where he started 
  • We played against him recently and he was average.
  • Morrison is now very very average and not at all what we need.

Wollacott  would struggle in the championship I think.  I’m not convinced he’s good enough yet

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Morrison is now very very average and not at all what we need.

Wollacott  would struggle in the championship I think.  I’m not convinced he’s good enough yet

Never mind all that...give us another clue!! 😊
  • vffvff
    edited January 2023
    Any major sales out now - will be used towards takeover fund to prove to EFL that there is money for running costs. Add in mass cost cutting of the Academy- the Lenegan takeover is looking shit. Cannibalising the club to fund their takeover as they have apparently no money. 

They may be more competent with the managers & players in but you have to be kidding yourself that there people are looking great for the club. Will be very surprised if there are any major transfers in. 
  • edited January 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Morrison is now very very average and not at all what we need.

Any more info on Mr. Forss? :-)
  • edited January 2023
    cabbles said:
    Re: Leaburn being sold, the current speculation re: a takeover would complicate things, but if it were TS and someone came in with even a bid of £1m, he’s likely to accept it, regardless of if we think he’s worth more.  

Where is the evidence of this. Of all the shit you can throw at TS, under selling our players is not one of them.  There is maybe a risk he would accept a low ball cash up front offer if selling to get as much cash in as possible beforehand I guess but there has been none of that so far.
  • edited January 2023
    Wollacott's profile would have increased by him being recognised as an International. Get the odd weekend game postponed like we did with half the Wales subs bench!

• edited January 2023
    cabbles said:

Where is the evidence of this. Of all the shit you can throw at TS, under selling our players is not one of them.  There is maybe a risk he would accept a low ball cash up front offer if selling to get as much cash in as possible beforehand I guess but there has been none of that so far.
    Mason Burstow? 

not in the know but as soon as the offer hit 6 digits he was gone?

where did the Pope sell on go that happened this season? 

where will the man u money go?

• cabbles said:

Mason Burstow? 

not in the know but as soon as the offer hit 6 digits he was gone?

where did the Pope sell on go that happened this season? 

where will the man u money go?

Most of Burstow’s goals were in cup games, it can be argued we got a good deal for him. He’s not someone I’d want back on loan which is a good indication of the level he’s currently at.

Pope and Man Utd money will have funded the losses.

Given TS is trying to sell the club (or 80% of it) I wouldn’t expect him to spend money on fees. Especially not when a mid table finish looks likely.
  • not really sure what we are arguing here- does the money go into some protected special fund depending on who the player has scored against?? 
  • cabbles said:

Given he’s losing money hand over foot and by the looks of things, done with the club, why wouldn’t he accept such an offer?  

Things have changed quite a bit in the 3 years he’s owned us.  

As I say, the takeover speculation muddies the waters somewhat, because he may not have overall say in who goes and for how much if we get taken over, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just him and no sign of a buyer, he’s at the stage where he takes the first sizeable offer that comes along